Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Anyone else have an issue when their HVAC fan is running on a high speed (fan speed of 7 I think), that it sounds like wind noise that you get when driving at 70-75 with a hard top with the roof racks?

I thought I was just wind noise, but when I came to stop and still had it, I played with the fan speed and it went away.
Sponsored

Ibuprofen3293

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22MY Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Anyone else have an issue when their HVAC fan is running on a high speed (fan speed of 7 I think), that it sounds like wind noise that you get when driving at 70-75 with a hard top with the roof racks?

I thought I was just wind noise, but when I came to stop and still had it, I played with the fan speed and it went away.
Yes 100%. Any fan speed at lower vehicle speed is fine because it sounds so consistent. Once I’m at highway speeds, any fan speed over 2 or so sounds turbulent, like the wind is forcing it’s way in. Dealer looked at it and said nothing was wrong (never mind the lack of airflow from the floor vents).

MistaGavin

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'00 F-150 & '68 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Base

When stationary, if you crack a window, does the noise go away? Mine whistles a little on high but goes away when I crack a window.

OP
OP
Sherminiator

Sherminiator

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

When stationary, if you crack a window, does the noise go away? Mine whistles a little on high but goes away when I crack a window.
I'll have to to try that.

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition

Hey there! I can look into your Bronco’s noise concerns on my end if you’d like. Will you send us a private message with your VIN and dealership info?

Sponsored

MOBRONCO

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I have the same, seems actually related to the hardtop and pressure.

For me, in only happens when taking in outside air, as soon as I hit recirculate the noise goes away. If I open or crack either window, the noise goes away. What I found this weekend was the passenger side front top panel seems to be the culprit, if I release the rear outside latch the noise gets louder. If I pull downward on the latch the noise goes away. This mostly only seems to happen in below 40 weather, I think it’s a seal issue in the hard top that is somehow being impacted by the cabin pressure.

CarGuy

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
My 2-week old 2023 Wildtrak has the same issue. I put the AC on and the fan is very loud and sounds like a wind rush and whistling, with little air coming from the vents. Nothing I do corrects it - i.e., trying to have it come out of certain vents, etc. Clearly something how the vents are blended depending on temperature. I'm gobsmacked Ford has not addressed this yet (@Ford Motor Company).

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
My 2-week old 2023 Wildtrak has the same issue. I put the AC on and the fan is very loud and sounds like a wind rush and whistling, with little air coming from the vents. Nothing I do corrects it - i.e., trying to have it come out of certain vents, etc. Clearly something how the vents are blended depending on temperature. I'm gobsmacked Ford has not addressed this yet (@Ford Motor Company).
Hi John. Can you send us a DM with your VIN and dealership info? I can look into this for you.

HopeHawk76

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CRV
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I definitely get a whistle sound at higher fan speeds. I have a hard top as well.

KAQ

Outer Banks
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Subaru Crosstreck
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I get the same thing on a regular basis