ibock

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2 Door Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I owned a 84 Bronco and I have rode in a few Jeeps. I was just a little surprised in 2023 it’s this loud. Most of the time I am listening to music so It doesn’t matter. I am surprised to see a comment like this touch a nerve so bad. I don’t know why I didn’t think about looking at YouTube to see options. I appreciate the feedback.
Sponsored

Bellime

Outer Banks
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

MY BEAST IS NOT LOUD. It loves to run in the wind. It has the luxury of a hard working animal. It is true to its name.

JBlanco

Base
First Name
Julio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco BaseSquatch, 2023 Tesla Y Performance
Your Bronco Model
Base
The wind noise in my 2 door Bronco starts to get loud at around 70-75 mph. It is a little quieter than my 2012 JK soft top but a lot louder than my late brother's 4 door Wildtrak.

thatspecialbeat

Black Diamond
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subies
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I owned a 84 Bronco and I have rode in a few Jeeps. I was just a little surprised in 2023 it’s this loud. Most of the time I am listening to music so It doesn’t matter. I am surprised to see a comment like this touch a nerve so bad. I don’t know why I didn’t think about looking at YouTube to see options. I appreciate the feedback.
It's because there are 1000 threads on wind noise and this is the internet. You came in with your first thread with no profile pic and a typo, albeit a funny typo.

If you read through the 1000 other thread the consensus is: Wind noise is fine, if it bothers you buy a Defender.

technerd

Outer Banks
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rivian R1T, 2021 Tesla Model 3
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Are you talking about general "loudness" of the top, or a specific sound coming in? Like there is definiely a spot in my hard top where it sounds like wind is whipping in, and that is a specific issue.

Sponsored

broncoSJ

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

At highway speeds of 70mph, most of the noise is from the mirrors. They are large and not aerodynamic. Pull the mirrors in at speed and see how much the noise diminishes.

OP
OP
ibock

ibock

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2 Door Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Its sounds like a window is slightly cracked

OP
OP
ibock

ibock

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2 Door Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
It's because there are 1000 threads on wind noise and this is the internet. You came in with your first thread with no profile pic and a typo, albeit a funny typo.

If you read through the 1000 other thread the consensus is: Wind noise is fine, if it bothers you buy a Defender.
Yeah this was my first post on the forum.

Area51BS

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands non SAS 4dr 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It’s a softtop or multi panel roof. Could it be quieter? Yes. It’s quiet enough up to 68.99mph. If you take the top off the sound gets loud at 3.67mph. Worse on a windy day.

OP
OP
ibock

ibock

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2 Door Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
It’s a softtop or multi panel roof. Could it be quieter? Yes. It’s quiet enough up to 68.99mph. If you take the top off the sound gets loud at 3.67mph. Worse on a windy day.
3 piece hard top

Sponsored

V1Rotate

Wildtrak
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Wind noise is very subjective.. to some that came from a history of Offroad vehicles the noise is actually quieter than average. To those who ventured over from cars or the luxury SUV world then it’s loud as hell probably.
One fact that doesn’t seem to land very well is that this is not in any way a luxury vehicle. It’s also not cheap.. so people think it should be luxury. The expense comes from its Offroad capability. Take for instance a modern Kia… really high end feeling interior (relative to other $30k cars) with zero Offroad stuff. You pay $30-40k for the luxury stuff and it’s quiet with a decent sound system. The Bronco (in the $30-40k builds) is all Offroad and zero luxury.. so you can expect it to feel cheap inside. Enter the higher priced bronco builds - they just come with more Offroad stuff and have the same basic cheap interior as the base save for some cheap “leather trimmed vinyl” and a fancy (crappy) stereo. If one needs some off-road capacity AND luxury - see a Defender or the like. But they’re expensive as sh*t like your Bronco would be if it had a nice interior too