ibock

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2 Door Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I just purchased a used 2022 base Bronco and it has a ton of wind noise. I wasn’t expecting it to be quiet but it’s pretty loud. Is this normal? Anything I can do to make it more quiet?
Sponsored

Last edited:

prospectfour

Outer Banks
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco, '18 Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I just purchased a used 2022 base Bronco and it has a tone of wind noise. I wasn’t expecting it to be quiet but it’s pretty loud. Is this normal? Anything I can do to make it more quiet?
Have you ever driven this type of vehicle before? When you say loud what’s your comparison? That’ll tell you if if you or your Bronco.

WheresMyBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Have you ever driven this type of vehicle before? When you say loud what’s your comparison? That’ll tell you if if you or your Bronco.
We really need to stop pushing this whole "it has a removable top so it's okay for it to sound like a window is always open" thing. No one enjoys the wind noise and Ford definitely could've done a better job with that.

Anyway, yes OP it's a loud car. There are some guides on the forums where people put foam/rubber stripping on the hard top's seams to make it a bit quieter if you want to try that.

nomnom

Base
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Basequatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

It's more the shape of the vehicle. A brick isn't exactly aerodynamic. Wait till you start putting stuff on it like light bars or roof rack. (If you choose to)

Jruta

Base
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A51 Bronco 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Base
I ask this question over and over again every time I read this, and it’s tiring because people either don’t do research or are naive.

My response is the same; Did you think you were buying a Bentley?

It’s a Ford, capable of off-roading.

It’s just ridiculous the amount of whiny posts.

Sponsored

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Regardless of what a few might say, some tops are complete crap and are entirely too loud, unless you and the wife are fighting, and then it's just about perfect. Some people get a good top and think because theirs is good, no way anyone else can have a bad top. I haven't had a fuel pump failure, so I guess those guys are just whinny bitches too. Have they never had a vehicle with a Ford quality fuel pump?

There is a mega thread around here on all the things you can do to the hard top to make it within acceptable levels.

There are several threads, but I think this is the most recent: MIC Hard Top Wind Noise Reduction - 2023 Edition - Plus Bonus Fix for Bad Adhesive | Bronco6G - 2021+ Ford Bronco & Bronco Raptor Forum, News, Blog & Owners Community

Last edited:

BroncoA512021

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

It is a loud vehicle, get used to it.

prospectfour

Outer Banks
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco, '18 Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
We really need to stop pushing this whole "it has a removable top so it's okay for it to sound like a window is always open" thing. No one enjoys the wind noise and Ford definitely could've done a better job with that.

Anyway, yes OP it's a loud car. There are some guides on the forums where people put foam/rubber stripping on the hard top's seams to make it a bit quieter if you want to try that.
Don't assume I'm giving OP a hard time. I came from a sedan and it was a huge adjustment on the highway.

If OP told us he drove Wranglers and hot rods his entire life, I'd tell him to dive into those guides. If he's just one of thousands of people adjusting to his first removable top vehicle, he can just carry on.

1st 75th ranger

Black Diamond
First Name
jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 ford bronco bd 4 dr sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I just purchased a used 2022 base Bronco and it has a tone of wind noise. I wasn’t expecting it to be quiet but it’s pretty loud. Is this normal? Anything I can do to make it more quiet?
after numerous jeeps and such i expected noise
mine ...2021 sas 4dr bd 2.7 is quitter then them all
yes its normal and sure theres things you can do to make it quieter ,,,check you tube

dametime

Black Diamond
First Name
drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

yah I knew the bronco wasn’t going to be a quiet car & I drove one on the freeway before purchasing it, but the wind noise is definitely there. a lot of ppl here will tell you to stop complaining, but if you can make it a bit more quiet, then why not?

as mentioned above, there’s a bunch of threads about this already with instructions on installation. I also felt the biggest game changer for just overall noise was adding killmat sound deadening to the doors and rear interior (‘onefivegarage’ on youtube has a whole video on installation). as you can tell, mentioning anything about wind noise gets people pretty riled up on here lol

Sponsored

rayhil67

Black Diamond
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK Sahara 2006 hummer H3
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I too have had 3 Wranglers, 12 JKU, 99 TJ, and 90 YJ all soft tops (JK had both) My Bronco is quieter than all 3. Now this summer I did install a sunrider top from BT, and had to do some "weatherstripping work" to get that to a acceptable noise level..

M7 23

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Turn up the radio (after upgrading of course).

RowsKing

Raptor
First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 BRaptor, 66 Stang
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

About $30 worth of pipe insulation and foam weather stripping from Home Depot is all it takes to cut down that wind noise by 50%.

Denny Swift

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
718 Spyder, 992 GTS, Citroen 2CV, Husky FE350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Maybe I’ve gotten used to it, but the wind noise really isn’t that bad and it doesn’t bother me much. But sure, I’d prefer a quieter ride. That being said, I already own two convertibles and have zero interest in removing the top from my Bronco, so if Ford made a fixed-roof version, I’d probably trade mine for one (but only if the manual transmission was still available - this vehicle with a manual is just fantastic and I wouldn’t own an automatic if you gave it to me free).

There is interest in a fixed roof version, so I’d honestly be shocked if Ford didn’t offer one in a couple of years. Soon the interest in the Bronco will fade and Ford will need new versions to renew interest and reinvigorate sales.

https://fordauthority.com/2022/05/ford-bronco-lineup-needs-a-fixed-roof-option-opinion/

V1Rotate

Wildtrak
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Take the doors off and you won’t notice the wind noise from the top