First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
since the jeep is coming with a hybrid, you think that ford is going to try a bronco hybrid? :sneaky:
Ford Bronco hybrid hybrid jee
Sponsored

Jpeyer

Badlands
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I agree with 5 years. I would say it will be in the works once the second year models are rolling out, the kinks are known and there is a work through. They will wait until they are plentiful in the market before that happens. At that time the f150 hybrid and mach e electric will be out for a few years and will have paved the way.

Deleted member 3063

Ford has been building hybrids for 16 model years and are arguably among the best out there.

To imagine a hybrid version of the Bronco wasn't already baked into the design is beyond me. I'll say 2023 if not sooner.

Sponsored

mneblett

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150, 2019 Mustang GT vert, 2019 Corvette
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Count on it, and I don't believe it will be as long as 5 years.

Ford already has a suitable system with the 3L TT V6 in a Lincoln, and the public pressure is high, particularly from the stock market/investors wanting to quickly see new product and improvements under the new CEO.

We've all seen the Warthog spy shots; I'll wager we haven't noticed the prototype hybrids already out testing. My expectation is the hybrid will be out within a few months of the Warthog -- maybe even before, ala' the Jeep Wrangler hybrid being released only a couple months before the 392 Wrangler.

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Supposedly they had one in the works and scrapped it as they were able to meet CAFE without it. But like others have said I would be we get one by 2022 or so.

I wish it was ready at launch.

the Warty might actually be a hybrid if it has the aviator drivetrain as speculated

Edelfin

Big Bend
First Name
Emmanuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Count on it, and I don't believe it will be as long as 5 years.

Ford already has a suitable system with the 3L TT V6 in a Lincoln, and the public pressure is high, particularly from the stock market/investors wanting to quickly see new product and improvements under the new CEO.

We've all seen the Warthog spy shots; I'll wager we haven't noticed the prototype hybrids already out testing. My expectation is the hybrid will be out within a few months of the Warthog -- maybe even before, ala' the Jeep Wrangler hybrid being released only a couple months before the 392 Wrangler.
Agree. It’s being worked on now to be ready ASAP. Hybrid Bronco is one of the reasons I’m getting a lower trim now and maybe there will be more colors in a couple years.

AHop

Black Diamond
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'73 F250 Highboy, '96 Miata M-Edition
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Ford has previously announced that every model will have an electrified version in the near future. The Bronco was not specifically called out, but they did say "every model."

BackcountryBirds

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram Power Wagon
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Do y'all think there will ever be a big bronco based around the F150 platform vice the ranger? If so how long in the future would you guess?

Would love a power boost full size bronco with the big generator for camping that still allowed for the top and doors to be removed. Looks like the F150 is only 4 inches wider so the longer wheel base would be the major off-road tradeoff but should hopefully gain a ton of towing and payload.

Sponsored

XCR440

Badlands
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, 22 Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I look for it in a year (probably as a 2023), shouldn't take much to use the Explorer Hybrid powertrain in the Bronco.

My understanding is that anything with the 10 speed auto will be easy to make a Hybrid model since the Hybrid 10 speed is very similar (90% the same I believe, just longer)

TNBronc4344

Badlands
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Do y'all think there will ever be a big bronco based around the F150 platform vice the ranger? If so how long in the future would you guess?

Would love a power boost full size bronco with the big generator for camping that still allowed for the top and doors to be removed. Looks like the F150 is only 4 inches wider so the longer wheel base would be the major off-road tradeoff but should hopefully gain a ton of towing and payload.
I hope not (my opinion). They already did this once and didn’t really pan out. And I had a 93 Bronco. The whole purpose in bringing this back was getting back to its roots heritage. IMO

jannie123

Big Bend
First Name
Jannie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota v8
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Here is the close-up view of the new full-size Bronco this week. But it didn't WOW me like I thought it would. Now granted, this wasn't the Sasquatch package but I don't think I'll be letting my Heritage go for one of them. I'm also not a fan of the 2.7 Ecoboost engine. the ONLY Ford vehicle that I am interested in is the F150 Hybrid….. especially after the freeze in February…. This built-in generator would have been awesome!

Ford Bronco hybrid 22
Sponsored