Sponsored

I’m disappointed in a few Broncos on lot.

Area51BS

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands non SAS 4dr 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford and dealer should be ashamed to display these on lot. I’m not one to really bash Ford except on interior plastics. I have a 22 and it’s assembled very well and love the thing. However I wouldn’t buy a 23 from what I saw today. Was at dealer getting oil done on wife’s sport. Walked over to look at 23’s soft tops. Much improved I must say. I’m looking at the Bronco and the Doors are so poorly aligned they actually are touching each other(4dr). I look at the Bronco in front of it from same standing position and the tailgate gaps are horrendous. I didn’t even look any further as sales person was trying hard to get me to upgrade my 7k mile 22 with nice gaps! I don’t buy its from transport. Otherwise everyone’s Broncos would become misaligned driving 1000’s of miles a year.
Sponsored

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've seen Ford's with that issue that weren't Broncos, like a four door sedan someone I work with bought. They had plastic popping off, front doors hitting the back doors, trunk wouldn't close right and leaked, etc. Literally a lemon but dealer tried hard not to touch it.

My 23 doesn't have those issues, and most don't. My guess is Ford still wants to sell what they should really part out and start over with. I would hope I'd catch that kind of build issues before signing, but I bought mine when I had COVID and was literally out of my mind.

Bigeye27

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford and dealer should be ashamed to display these on lot. I’m not one to really bash Ford except on interior plastics. I have a 22 and it’s assembled very well and love the thing. However I wouldn’t buy a 23 from what I saw today. Was at dealer getting oil done on wife’s sport. Walked over to look at 23’s soft tops. Much improved I must say. I’m looking at the Bronco and the Doors are so poorly aligned they actually are touching each other(4dr). I look at the Bronco in front of it from same standing position and the tailgate gaps are horrendous. I didn’t even look any further as sales person was trying hard to get me to upgrade my 7k mile 22 with nice gaps! I don’t buy its from transport. Otherwise everyone’s Broncos would become misaligned driving 1000’s of miles a year.

If you worried about door gaps - a Ford might not be the first vehicle you should consider.

OP
OP
Area51BS

Area51BS

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands non SAS 4dr 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you worried about door gaps - a Ford might not be the first vehicle you should consider.
My 22 is great. These 2 were worse than a 60’s VW bug with rusted door pillars

67BroncoG1

Base
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 2D Squatch, '67 Bronco, '24 Grenadier -ordered
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Fear not... the craftsmen who assemble these just got a huge raise.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Area51BS

Area51BS

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands non SAS 4dr 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Fear not... the craftsmen who assemble these just got a huge raise.
No comment. Must have pumped a bunch out before the strike. Lots are loaded.

broncobase1

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
I think we should all have a moment of silence for the UAW -- they have done so much for the American auto industry. Imagine if Toyota and Honda used Union labor, maybe they too could some day match the quality of Ford and GM.

Last edited:

Realtor

Wildtrak
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, GT350
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

We have a 2021 that has a quality build. The hood is not level with the passenger fender, as many from 21 are. Doesn't bother me. Our 2023 has excellent panel fit. It's flawless.

Sponsored

orion

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' F-250, 17' Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Sounds like poor dealer prep!

voxel

Heritage
First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach-E 4X, 23 GC Limited
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I think we should all have a moment of silence for the UAW -- they have done some much for the American auto industry. Imagine if Toyota and Honda used Union labor, maybe they too could some day match the quality of Ford and GM.
American built Toyota are kinda... sh*tty.

My 23 Sequoia TRD Pro was a rattling mess and the new gas Grand Highlander seems to be a QC nightmare. Personally, I tell folks to avoid the new American designed + built Toyotas.

Rivians are often poorly put together but surprisingly mine seems fine (had a tint shop owner look at it and he said Rivians are all over the place with gaps and misalignments)

orion

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' F-250, 17' Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Maybe I am naïve, but I didn't think dealer prep involved rehanging body or door panels?
But if they were that bad, and it was my dealership, they would be re aligned. Sadly, nobody takes pride in their work or their product these days.
Sponsored