Sponsored

I feel gypped by Ford on my cup holders (manual vs auto)

Kramku1

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

As much as I love the idea of a mt I drive a semi truck in town,at the end of the day I'm happy to put it in D for do-it and go home.😁
Sponsored

The Pope

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1977 F250/2007 Mercury Mariner/2014 Infiniti Q60x/2011 Kawasaki C14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I agree that there are situations where one or the other transmission is better that the other.

For those who wheel an AT off-road, have you ever ruptured the hydraulic system?

Lastly, some of us (Me) want the MT for sentimental reason and we (I) would like to see @Ford Motor Company not skimp out on the MT's design (should of had a Bolted on Bell Housing) and limit features (such as TTA for one, which is a function of the Braking System and only available on the AT).

OP
OP
tourproto

tourproto

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 BMW e46
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Been meaning to add these pics to the thread with comparisons between the window buttons on the auto vs manual. Definitely a different angle with the manual being very steep and more difficult to access vs the automatic. And there is a lot more "overhang" on the arm rest over the switches in the manual, which make the switches in the manual more difficult to access as well.

Ford Bronco I feel gypped by Ford on my cup holders (manual vs auto) bronco auto

Ford Bronco I feel gypped by Ford on my cup holders (manual vs auto) 27F0C28B-9FA1-4E68-AB72-42471480153E

Last edited:

EveryDayBronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Motorcycle
Your Bronco Model
Base
So my day at the Las Vegas Off-Rodeo was a blast and a great learning experience about the capabilities of the Ford Bronco.

However, I did find out a difference between my manual BL and the automatic BLs we had for the Off-Rodeo regarding the cup holders in the front.

the BLs were 2021 models (they still had the temp readouts on the knobs). The cups holders in the BL I drove had the “fingers” on the inside of the cup holders that helped to keep stuff from rattling around.

Ford Bronco I feel gypped by Ford on my cup holders (manual vs auto) 27F0C28B-9FA1-4E68-AB72-42471480153E

But the cup holders in my manual BL did not have the fingers in the cup holders.

Kinda cheeseball IMHO to not include what can’t be more than $1 worth of plastic and springs for the cup holders in 7-speed Broncos.

Also the whole “layout” of the center console was so much better in the auto than the manual, not just with the cup holders, but also with regard to the window lift buttons and side view mirrors. Basically after sitting in the automatic, it seemed to me like all the ergonomic planning was done for the automatic, and when it came to the manual it was like “oh I guess we can’t do the same layout” so we’ll just shove stuff wherever it fits.

Just like with the tachometer, it’s like the center console for the manual was an afterthought.
No stupid little fingers, awesome! :)
Ford Bronco I feel gypped by Ford on my cup holders (manual vs auto) 1653332726512

I actually brought some of my mugs to the dealership and tried them but it was an automatic and I didn't like those stupid fingers.

Mugs with diameter of 3.0625" or 3 1/16" should fit.

This mug should fit nicely,
Ford Bronco I feel gypped by Ford on my cup holders (manual vs auto) 1653332798206

My favorite gatoraide bottles fit perfectly, the straight ones, the newer contoured bottle should fit too but I have these, perfect fit!
Ford Bronco I feel gypped by Ford on my cup holders (manual vs auto) 1653333223195
Sponsored