7MT and front cup holders

Bronco4lyfe85

Badlands
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
I know a couple about to turn 40, just on the line, lol. They've had a couple manuals, and they always have a carafe of liquid with them.

I'm about to turn 47, and more than half my vehicles have been manual, but I don't make a habit out of giant drink containers. I'd have to stop every 10 miles to piss. But with the washout floor plug removed . . . :unsure:
Hahaha that’s disgusting. I hate manuals, I gave up on them 15 years ago when I was 20. They’re fine in a sports car but to drive everyday? No thanks.

Bronco4lyfe85

Badlands
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Both my kids (30’s & 40’s) can. But.....that was their only choice if they wanted to practice with pops!
My dad never taught me, we didn’t have manuals as kids. My sister taught me when I was 16 and my first car was a manual, drove it for a few years and said f this and went to to autos lol. I occasionally drive my wife’s manual Cruze but that’s about it nowadays.

BigFootie

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape, Honda HRV
No problem clearing any size cups - those of us getting the manual just need to get the right type of shifter lever

1611412663817.png
Ok, now I understand why over the road truckers shift levers are eye level! Need the room for the 64oz coffee mugs.

thanks for the picture!

GToddC5

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 Toyota FJ40, 1989 Toyota Pickup, 1998 C5 Corvette
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

My dad never taught me, we didn’t have manuals as kids. My sister taught me when I was 16 and my first car was a manual, drove it for a few years and said f this and went to to autos lol. I occasionally drive my wife’s manual Cruze but that’s about it nowadays.
Older woman? ?

Cappy

Badlands
First Name
Cappy
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Clubs

Looks like I will be shifting like this when I have over sized cups of water (for the health conscious) in my cup holders
Say what you want, but that guy could finesse a stick in his sleep.

On the topic of manuals and millennials, I asked a millennial to move my car once. Conversation went like this:

Me: "Can you drive a standard?"
Him: "Of course."
Me: "Cool, here's the keys."
Four minutes later he comes back inside.
Him: "I thought you said it was a standard."
Me: "Me, it is."
Him: "No, it's a stick shift."
Everyone in the room that wasn't a millennial:

lof.jpg

Toccoa

Big Bend
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Vehicle Showcase
... I don't make a habit out of giant drink containers. I'd have to stop every 10 miles to piss. But with the washout floor plug removed . . . :unsure:
Road trips just got more interesting. All you need is a funnel and a tube, and you can drive until you run out of gas! ?

GToddC5

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 Toyota FJ40, 1989 Toyota Pickup, 1998 C5 Corvette
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Road trips just got more interesting. All you need is a funnel and a tube, and you can drive until you run out of gas! ?
tenor.gif

The_Phew

Badlands
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI
To be fair manuals and mellinials dont seem to mix according to the internetz
My millennial sister, her husband, and at least a quarter of their friends drive manuals. For all the same reasons they listen to vinyl and wear vintage clothes; more 'authentic', unique, etc. And it's the easiest way to avoid having freeloader friends ask to borrow your car/truck all the time.

BigFootie

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape, Honda HRV
Just remember to squirt the washers once or twice just to eliminate any questions from the car behind you!:cool:

Squatch

Badlands
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Jeep
I know a couple about to turn 40, just on the line, lol. They've had a couple manuals, and they always have a carafe of liquid with them.
A carafe? Is this allowed to be spoken in the Garden State, @EvlNvrDys ?
;)

Say what you want, but that guy could finesse a stick in his sleep.
I'm sure he does...

1611419452298.jpeg

This is the kind of testing I need done for the 7MT
So, Marketing Nation has someone who believes they are an animated fairy doing the trail testing?

I missed quoting it, but I can see adding a Driver stick or WRC-style stick for comfort.

Advertisement

Diode Dynamics

Advertisement