First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

So I found another Bronco instead in Auburn today. Looks like the top was touched up by QC along the edges.

Top overall was in great condition; however you could see some issues on the cut edges were we could see layers on the one in LaGrange. See pics below.

Top was acceptable to me. The black color was lacking thus the QC applied black marker.

F6781548-A83C-4577-BD99-1AA5B07B7F9E.jpeg

0FD9E191-E685-4001-9115-D28D48F597AB.jpeg

499E4F01-34B6-45D2-9912-E7F2C194CF0C.jpeg
A delaminating top that they try to hide with touch up paint is acceptable to you?!

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
A delaminating top that they try to hide with touch up paint is acceptable to you?!
If Ford's trying to sell Broncos with OBVIOUS defects, imagine the shit we can't see on a 15-minute walk-around?

Atomicdog

Base
First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

If Ford's trying to sell Broncos with OBVIOUS defects, imagine the shit we can't see on a 15-minute walk-around?
I was originally bummed that my 7/14 reservation looks like it would be an early '22 production. I'm seriously considering waiting for a '23 at this point. Nothing about these mic tops or headliners are acceptable.

Sponsored

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Bestop already has the sunrider feature available. I ordered today. Obviously I’d prefer a sunrider that folds back to over the rear seats as well but for now this will suffice.
one row only is a no go for me. I contacted them a couple months ago and back then they had no plan to go two rows, I hope they reconsider - or somebody else steps up. It's a great feature, but for me it has to be over both rows or I won't buy it. Had the one row on a Wrangler and it's great, but not for me on a Bronco.

Reactions: 1IH

ATLUTDFAN

First Edition
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I wish it was touch up paint instead of a sharpie.

The fact the Molded in Color is not all the way through the top is an issue, the fact the some of the edges on the top are razor sharp is an issue, and lastly the fact they decided to cut the top along those edges and not consider the resulting delamination possibility is an issue.

I did not gain access to the interior, hate to see the other issues reported on the inside by other forum members.

The top of the MIC top and the back piece with the window are obviously cut along those lines Intentionally. I just don’t think Ford would be releasing MIC tops if they did not expect it to last. I think the top is engineered to have those clean cut lines In some areas.

At this point maybe they are trying to get the Broncos delivered and deal with the repercussions later.

After seeing it person I would take the top to get my Bronco and hope that they have some type of result (fix, replacement, money) to address it in the future.

I will probably be buying a painted top in a few years anyway when they become available. I never wanted the MIC in the first place.

CDN Jen

Badlands
First Name
Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport, 2021 Mustang GT Premium Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was originally bummed that my 7/14 reservation looks like it would be an early '22 production. I'm seriously considering waiting for a '23 at this point. Nothing about these mic tops or headliners are acceptable.
Same here. I just bought a 2021 Mustang GT convertible and 99’d my 2DR Badlands. I get to enjoy my Mustang NOW while I watch how the top issue shakes out. By the time MY23 ordering rolls around next year, I might be ready to trade in my Sport for the big Bronco and will have additional colors and options to consider too. Win/win for me. I’m glad how things worked out for me, but I’m bummed for those who are desperately waiting for their rig and keep letting strung along. So frustrating.

Sponsored

CDN Jen

Badlands
First Name
Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Mine says door to door. Not roof to roof. So...
I looked into whether Ford’s extended warranty covers convertible tops, and it does not. So to the extent Ford considers the Bronco top to be “convertible” (which it likely does) it wouldn’t be covered.

Virtual-Chris

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I looked into whether Ford’s extended warranty covers convertible tops, and it does not. So to the extent Ford considers the Bronco top to be “convertible” (which it likely does) it wouldn’t be covered.
This is a major issue… I think. It needs clarification.

Atomicdog

Base
First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Same here. I just bought a 2021 Mustang GT convertible and 99’d my 2DR Badlands. I get to enjoy my Mustang NOW while I watch how the top issue shakes out. By the time MY23 ordering rolls around next year, I might be ready to trade in my Sport for the big Bronco and will have additional colors and options to consider too. Win/win for me. I’m glad how things worked out for me, but I’m bummed for those who are desperately waiting for their rig and keep letting strung along. So frustrating.
Great looking mustang! Love that color. I'm currently looking around for a 2016+ convertible for my son who starts driving next year.

CDN Jen

Badlands
First Name
Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Great looking mustang! Love that color. I'm currently looking around for a 2016+ convertible for my son who starts driving next year.
Thanks! I didn‘t think I could love a car this much. She’s such a blast to drive. We’ve been cruising every evening and can’t get enough.

You’re the best dad ever. Your son is going to have such great memories driving a Mustang convertible, and they’ll be even sweeter after all the COVID disruptions kids have been through.

Roll Sound

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wildtrack 2DR MIC OW, 2014 KTM RC8R
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak