Julian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

took my car in for the second oil change at 4K miles (i do my oil changes every 3k and did one at 1k for break in) and had a concern of my top seeping water since we finally had a good storm in utah. not a lot of water but enough to make a little pool on passenger rear. Dropped my car off and waited for the dealership to call me with an update. Got a video from a Tech saying they changed the oil and rotated tires but noticed an oil leak. Video shows a good amount of oil in between T-case and Transmission. No idea what to do this is my only car and sad to see it already having issues. will update thread with news

IMG_4781.jpeg

Sponsored

Bschurr

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Braptor / 2023 Heritage LE / 2016 JKU
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

took my car in for the second oil change at 4K miles (i do my oil changes every 3k and did one at 1k for break in) and had a concern of my top seeping water since we finally had a good storm in utah. not a lot of water but enough to make a little pool on passenger rear. Dropped my car off and waited for the dealership to call me with an update. Got a video from a Tech saying they changed the oil and rotated tires but noticed an oil leak. Video shows a good amount of oil in between T-case and Transmission. No idea what to do this is my only car and sad to see it already having issues. will update thread with news

IMG_4781.jpeg

Wow - that was so awesome of your Service Advisor to absolutely blow this off like it’s totally unimportant! WTF?!?

OP
OP
nytjoo

nytjoo

Badlands
First Name
Julian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wow - that was so awesome of your Service Advisor to absolutely blow this off like it’s totally unimportant! WTF?!?
it’s been 2h i called once and nothing. sent a text asking to call me when they get a chance and nothing so far.

Black_Stallion13

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
lol pretty unbelievable but can’t say I’m surprised. Yeah they deff need to fix that under warranty. My .02 is sell the paper mache hard top for like $7 or $8k before it goes to crap (or at least have it replaced first, then sell it). I would bet the majority all start having issues in the next few years as they age.

OP
OP
nytjoo

nytjoo

Badlands
First Name
Julian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

update 1: got a phone call and they said they haven’t even got it in the main shop yet for my original concern about the top leaking. I asked about the oil leak obviously and they said they’d let me know tomorrow what our next step is. only problem is it’s my main car… won’t have a car and will need to hitch a ride with the gf to work tomorrow. not good customer service so far.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not saying this is the case here, but I know some places that live by this:

Ford Bronco Oil leak & Hard Top Seep 2023 2 Door Bad Lands 7MT 1000005794

OP
OP
nytjoo

nytjoo

Badlands
First Name
Julian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not saying this is the case here, but I know some places that live by this:

1000005794.jpg
trust me this has been on my mind all day lol, i was trying to look up some under carriage pictures to see where the drain bolt and filter are to see if it is residual oil from past oil change but had no luck.

also funny cause I am a mechanic and have lifted my car 2 times to undercoat and once to swap wheels and tires and i have not seen an oil leak. only reason i go to the dealership instead of doing it myself is that i have 3 oil changes and tire rotations for free.

i changed wheels and tires and had them balanced at 3000 miles on November 1st. no oil leak or seep. hard to believe it is that bad after 1000 miles with no signs of seeping.

not to mention my garage has no signs on oil on the floor at all and i have only parked there for the entirety of 4 months and it sat there for 2 weeks when I went to brazil. but we will see when they call me tomorrow.

OP
OP
nytjoo

nytjoo

Badlands
First Name
Julian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored

BluebroncoNC

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco & 1977 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

If you purchased the truck from the dealership, never hurts to request a loaner for the up coming warranty work.

JC2DR

Base
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Base 2dr 2.3 7speed
Your Bronco Model
Base
Can’t tell you about the oil leak but I had the water issue once. Turned out that I had had the tops off previous and when I put them back on I hadn’t seated the rubber correctly. Once I reseated the top, no more leak. I don’t know when you last had your tops off but it can’t hurt to reseat them.

OP
OP
nytjoo

nytjoo

Badlands
First Name
Julian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Can’t tell you about the oil leak but I had the water issue once. Turned out that I had had the tops off previous and when I put them back on I hadn’t seated the rubber correctly. Once I reseated the top, no more leak. I don’t know when you last had your tops off but it can’t hurt to reseat them.
haven’t had them off but my passenger side front was misaligned from the factory and the weather stripping was pinched. the same dealer is looking at it so i’ll give them a heads up

JT58Bronc

Base
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2021 Miata track Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'd really push the oil leak issue and ask for a loaner car while it is in the shop.

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition

Ford Bronco Oil leak & Hard Top Seep 2023 2 Door Bad Lands 7MT 1000005794

Hi Julian! I can look into your Bronco's leak concern on my end. To get started, could you please send a private message over with the name/location of your local Ford dealer and your Bronco's VIN?
Sponsored