First Name
Raymond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-350, F-450, 2022 Bronco, (2) 77 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
First of all I want to wish you all a Merry Christmas and best wishes for the New Year. I know Santa is bringing my Bronco some gifts and I hope yours gets some too. Most of all I wish you all good health for you and your families because that is the most valuable gift we can receive.

As for my Bronco, I know I am going against the current trends but as a child of the 60's I still like chrome and white sidewall tires. I wanted my new bronco to reflect that. I have a '69 bronco and it is a primitive vehicle but duct tape and bailing wire always got me home. The new electronics both amaze me and scare me.

The chrome I have added around the grill, windshield and body side as well as the metallic blue color and white trim works for me. I am almost embarrassed by the attention it gets. Many people believe it is a restored early bronco. They ask what year it is and look dumbfounded when I tell them.

I will replace the Jeep style taillights and delete the trail sights. My ditch lights are chrome motorcycle driving lights with white running light rings to match the Bronco headlights. My stereo upgrade sure beats the AM only radio in my old Bronco. I removed the rear seats and rear speakers for carrying camping gear. I modified the Method 305 wheels by replacing the ugly center caps with flush chrome ones with Ford logos. I removed the phony ring bolts and polished the outside of the wheel which reminds me of the narrow white sidewalls popular in the 60's. I LOVE seeing all the mods done by you all on this forum and just wanted to share mine so far.

20221124_155138~4.jpg
Very well done!

The Chrome strip on the sides and around the Windshield and the Grill make it look like a Gen1 Bronco Ranger or Sport. Nice!

Gonna add the Bronco Script on the Front Fenders? FORD on the tailgate? (Delete the Kicking Horse)

What chrome did you use for the Grill that can curve around the Corners?

The Retro Builds should be done on the 2-doors! Doesn't look right with the 4-Doors.
Sponsored

Ground_zero298

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 badlands 2 door. 22 Burban Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

All depends on the body lines and colors for what looks best on each. Personally, I like it. Thanks for sharing!

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I like chrome, too.

peterh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep wrangler jlu 2018
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Found this thread again - have not been able to find chrome trim tape with the black design in it - anyone know where to find that? And would it work within the side indent? I am looking to do something similar to the OP and this but ideally would place it within the indent
Ford Bronco I like chrome.  Am I the only one? 1971 Mallard Green Bronco (3)

Sponsored

Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I do appreciate chrome, must of come from my dad though. When I was younger he was building a 56 Chevy, gorgeous two tone blue and grey and told me dark colors cry for chrome. Since then have always liked chrome on dark colors.

That said, there is such a thing as to much chrome though lol.

Last edited:

Paul Gagnon

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Mustang, '92 Explorer, '10 F-350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I like chrome. I would love to have my bumpers chromed one day.

rguest3

Badlands
First Name
Raymond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have the Polished wheels installed. Will also add the Chrome Bronco Script, and a Chrome strip on the grill as well.

The Bronco Retro look only works for me on the 2-Door. Yours looks great!

Ford Bronco I like chrome.  Am I the only one? IMG_0592

wsteward

Black Diamond
First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I love it! I plan on getting the Method 315 wheels and like you can't stand the center caps. Where did you get the replacement caps?

rguest3

Badlands
First Name
Raymond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Found this thread again - have not been able to find chrome trim tape with the black design in it - anyone know where to find that? And would it work within the side indent? I am looking to do something similar to the OP and this but ideally would place it within the indent
1971 Mallard Green Bronco (3).jpg
If you are talking about the side trim on the Early Green Bronco in the picture, that side trim can be found at Jeffs Bronco Graveyard, Wild Horses, James Duff and Toms Off Road.
Sponsored