First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands 2dr 7spd, 1966 A code Mustang coupe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
A M88 VTR will make toothpicks out of most trees, that driver better be glad you didn't flatten him!
So the rest of the story.... My M88's engine self destructed less than a mile later. Hmmm, maybe that tree did win...

JesseS

Badlands
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jayco AY26, Honda F6B, CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So the rest of the story.... My M88's engine self destructed less than a mile later. Hmmm, maybe that tree did win...
I am just surprised you were allowed to run a tracked vehicle on pavement, especially one that large, the Germans were a bit touchy about maneuver damage.

Hey19

Badlands
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am just surprised you were allowed to run a tracked vehicle on pavement, especially one that large, the Germans were a bit touchy about maneuver damage.
Yup late 80's REFORGER exercises. My 19 year old self thought it pretty crazy at the time. Was in a Mechanized Infantry unit, 2nd Armored Division, so Bradleys, 113s, and my M88 along with numerous wheeled vehicles.

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I immediately start by telling the OP to F-off and drop a ton of other F-bombs in my first post, then get banned from a forum.

Wait, wrong thread! Uh, the guy is a douche and nothing you're going to be able to do aside from try to culture them at a fancy wine and cheese art gallery event with Bronco paint and materials designers, is ignore the person and get on with your life.

Sponsored

JesseS

Badlands
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yup late 80's REFORGER exercises. My 19 year old self thought it pretty crazy at the time. Was in a Mechanized Infantry unit, 2nd Armored Division, so Bradleys, 113s, and my M88 along with numerous wheeled vehicles.
Well Howdy brother, I was in 1/50th mech back in the day.... Hell on Wheels!!!

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
In most states any of the bright LED light bars are illegal for regular highway use. So what I do in that situation is let them pass and get back up with em than turn mine on. They have a very startling strobe to them. Also illegal but it will make em think about blinding folks. I do that with wreckless drivers aswell too. Back when I had my Maverick it didnt have the any fancy lights but I would kill the lights(interior too) then pass em at full throttle to give em a startle. Basically i treat roadway jackassery with precision planned momentary jackassery.

Hey19

Badlands
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well Howdy brother, I was in 1/50th mech back in the day.... Hell on Wheels!!!
2/41st infantry (mechanized) 2nd Armored Div. (y)

noahr

Black Diamond
First Name
Noah @ Mullinax
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So driving into work this morning around 6:30, glance in my review mirror and a frigging white UFO comes up behind me and nearly burned out my retinas. It was a frigging white Jeep jacked up with his lights, fog lights, roof lightbar and both spotlights on full tilt. Keep in mind that this is a two lane suburban road (50 mph) with no fog whatsoever and dozen cars on it. Even right next to and just behind me I couldn't concentrate on the road and nearly missed my turn.

So my clarification question, is the guy cool because he can? is he a d&*k because he did? or is he a rule breaker because he shouldn't?

Please enlighten me...
running anything beyond head and fog lights on the road is illegal at least in florida so I would guess hes breaking the law

Datoad

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Jeep LJ Rubicon, 17 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So driving into work this morning around 6:30, glance in my review mirror and a frigging white UFO comes up behind me and nearly burned out my retinas. It was a frigging white Jeep jacked up with his lights, fog lights, roof lightbar and both spotlights on full tilt. Keep in mind that this is a two lane suburban road (50 mph) with no fog whatsoever and dozen cars on it. Even right next to and just behind me I couldn't concentrate on the road and nearly missed my turn.

So my clarification question, is the guy cool because he can? is he a d&*k because he did? or is he a rule breaker because he shouldn't?

Please enlighten me...
No.

Yes.

Yes.

Sponsored

grimmjeeper

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grimmjeeper.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps and a Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Yeah, the newer the Jeep, the more likely some douche canoe will put a bunch of light bars on it and drive with them on. Although, It's a lot more common with the bro-dozers (lifted full size trucks). And then the stupid kid with the 25 year old hooptie Ranger or S-10 with lights that cost more than the truck. Unfortunately, I expect that you'll find "that guy" among the Bronco crowd too.

ex_nyer

Badlands
First Name
Chokes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Land Cruiser, Outback
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Lot's of other armed people too, don't get out of your vehicle and challenge anyone, ever, not worth it!. Interesting thing about have a concealed pistol permit, it has made me very, very passive and forgiving on the road.

So true!

AKBronc49

Outer Banks
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 F150,02 Excursion,06 Chrysler 300C,21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Either forgot they were on or is just a jerk.

In AK depending on where you are you can have 5 hours to 0 hours of daylight in the middle of the winter. AUX lighting is a huge help and necessity in many places. That said I only run mine without any traffic around. Itā€™s important to be able to see moose as far out as you can. The darkness in the winter can really be rough.

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

little guy with tiny hands in his bro-dozer being a stupid ass, that's all.

JesseS

Badlands
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Either forgot they were on or is just a jerk.

In AK depending on where you are you can have 5 hours to 0 hours of daylight in the middle of the winter. AUX lighting is a huge help and necessity in many places. That said I only run mine without any traffic around. Itā€™s important to be able to see moose as far out as you can. The darkness in the winter can really be rough.
True that, I was at Richardson for 3 years, and you can need bright lights at any time, a 1500 lb Moose will just ruin your day!
Sponsored