WIDirtFishing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Lariat 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
So I feel stuck.
i’ve been wanting a bronco since launch. Had a deposit down but pulled back after the wait time and everything else.
I’m in a position to buy again. I live in Wisconsin, I plan to do basically zero off roading other than some forest roads and low maintenance dirt roads. I do plan to get Sumo Springs right away as I do plan to tow our pop up that is 2800 lbs dry and will be close to 3300 loaded.
My original plan was to get a 2023 OBx, lux, tow, hard top, for $2000 under MSRP.
That was the plan till a certified 2022 Wildtrak came up for sale. Lux, hardtop, tow, etc all the “needs” and the OBX is the more practical option for my needs, but ainfeel the Wildtrak is speaking to my soul haha

i need some advice!!!

edit. New obx is $2000 under MSRP so $57,500
The Wildtrak, 12,000 miles certified is $56,500

edit: oBX is non-sas 2.7
Sponsored

Last edited:

Last Ride Bronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan pup
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have a WT, so I am biased, but if money were not a concern, I’d prefer the WT. If I were not concerned about off road and money was a thing, I’d go with the OBX (with SAS).

Figmo

Wildtrak
First Name
Figmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki Samurai, Bronco 2Dr WT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I’ve learned to never say never. You may not plan to do off roading but life may have other plans for you. You may find yourself in a position where you’re glad you’ve got those lockers. And trail turn assist is wicked fun on the street in winter time. I love doing a u-turn on a dime into a parking space.

Also The WT will bring a little more resale value some day in the future.

If it is speaking to your soul - why silence it. You only live once.

OP
OP

WIDirtFishing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Lariat 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I have a WT, so I am biased, but if money were not a concern, I’d prefer the WT. If I were not concerned about off road and money was a thing, I’d go with the OBX (with SAS).
Appreciate it. i forgot to add the Wildtrk is $1000 less than the new obx. Only 12,000 miles

OP
OP

WIDirtFishing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Lariat 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I’ve learned to never say never. You may not plan to do off roading but life may have other plans for you. You may find yourself in a position where you’re glad you’ve got those lockers. And trail turn assist is wicked fun on the street in winter time. I love doing a u-turn on a dime into a parking space.

Also The WT will bring a little more resale value some day in the future.

If it is speaking to your soul - why silence it. You only live once.
I used that YOLO argument with my wife too bahaha

Sponsored

tyrobronco

Badlands
First Name
CC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco,2017 Ford Fusion Energi
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Which fits your budget?

I had to be under 50k (in 2021). Of course I ordered my Bronco and got everything I wanted.

OP
OP

WIDirtFishing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Lariat 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Which fits your budget?

I had to be under 50k (in 2021). Of course I ordered my Bronco and got everything I wanted.
Forgot to mention that in the original post. Both within budget. The used wildtrak is actually $1000 less.

jehines3

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX350L, Chevrolet Silverado, Lincoln MKC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Get the Wildtrack. If it’s a CPO it’s a better deal. If it’s not CPO, see if they can CPO process it for their asking price.

Badlands and Wildtrack with Lux were sold in lower volumes due to constraints. It’s what will lose you less money overall during ownership IMO.

OP
OP

WIDirtFishing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Lariat 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Get the Wildtrack. If it’s a CPO it’s a better deal. If it’s not CPO, see if they can CPO process it for their asking price.

Badlands and Wildtrack with Lux were sold in lower volumes due to constraints. It’s what will lose you less money overall during ownership IMO.
Yea it is the gold ford CPO. Ughh fml
First world problems i guess haha but of course this Wildtrak had to get posted the day before I go to buy lol

BigBend530

Big Bend
First Name
Dominic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco 2Dr.
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Do you know you would have a 7yr/100k (from original purchase date) powertrain warranty on the Wildtrak? In addition to 7 years of 24/7 Roadside Assistance?

I own a 2022 Big Bend and in the first year Ie owned it, it was in the shop around 40 days. Took roughly 28 days to get new PCM when it died on the drive home from buying it new at dealership.. I pay attention to warranties a little more now.

Sponsored

DriveAllNight

Wildtrak
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
One Very Cool Ride
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Assuming the Outer banks is not a Sas, and because the WildTrak is 2022 , which means no HOSS 3.0 goodies. So I'm not so sure about resale holding value on non 3.0 WildTraks going forward.

That extra 12,000 miles gets you gears, tires, rims, lift, not sure about engine - (you didn't specify if the OBX is a 2.3 or 2.7) which seems like a winner to me assuming the previous owner didn't ride that horse hard and put it away wet. But you will be lugging around a lot more weight, and you are planning on using it to tow, so there is that to consider.

But If they are both Sasquatch it's easy - pass, I don't see any benefit without the HOSS 3.0.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What motor and gears in the OBX?

If it doesn't have the locking rear with lower gears, take a pass and get the WT.

I towed a 3000 lb fishing boat with my 4cyl/auto/4.46 Badlands.
It handled it fine, both motor-wise and handling-wise.

I wouldn't rush out to swap springs just yet, unless you know you have a ton of tongue weight, then id be concerned the Bronco is the right vehicle for you to begin with.

Also, WT's Squatch springs may be softer than mine.
Either way, try it a few times first.

Dino

Outer Banks
First Name
Dino
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ram 1500 4WD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I have pretty much the same OuterSquatch build as you, in this situation I'd go with the Wildtrack. I love my build and have no regrets on it, but for that money in this deal I'd switch

Mammal

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
This may help you decide:

Check the weight rating sticker on each and compare it to total weight of what you haul with your trailer. (Tongue weight + you, family, dog, gear, etc).

We have a small travel trailer (1800 lbs dry) and the higher trims just didn’t have enough load capacity for us due to the extra weight of the options they come with.

Good luck and you win either way!

OP
OP

WIDirtFishing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Lariat 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Do you know you would have a 7yr/100k (from original purchase date) powertrain warranty on the Wildtrak? In addition to 7 years of 24/7 Roadside Assistance?

I own a 2022 Big Bend and in the first year Ie owned it, it was in the shop around 40 days. Took roughly 28 days to get new PCM when it died on the drive home from buying it new at dealership.. I pay attention to warranties a little more now.
I’ll have to look more at the FORD CPO gold guidelines
Sponsored