OP

WIDirtFishing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Lariat 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Assuming the Outer banks is not a Sas, and because the WildTrak is 2022 , which means no HOSS 3.0 goodies. So I'm not so sure about resale holding value on non 3.0 WildTraks going forward.

That extra 12,000 miles gets you gears, tires, rims, lift, not sure about engine - (you didn't specify if the OBX is a 2.3 or 2.7) which seems like a winner to me assuming the previous owner didn't ride that horse hard and put it away wet. But you will be lugging around a lot more weight, and you are planning on using it to tow, so there is that to consider.

But If they are both Sasquatch it's easy - pass, I don't see any benefit without the HOSS 3.0.
I should’ve mentioned that. Obx was 2.7 as well.
Sponsored

OP
OP

WIDirtFishing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Lariat 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
What motor and gears in the OBX?

If it doesn't have the locking rear with lower gears, take a pass and get the WT.

I towed a 3000 lb fishing boat with my 4cyl/auto/4.46 Badlands.
It handled it fine, both motor-wise and handling-wise.

I wouldn't rush out to swap springs just yet, unless you know you have a ton of tongue weight, then id be concerned the Bronco is the right vehicle for you to begin with.

Also, WT's Squatch springs may be softer than mine.
Either way, try it a few times first.
Not swapping anything. The Sumosprings act almost as like a bump stop of sorts. My concern was the WT suspension would be softer. I know Bronco isn’t a tow vehicle but we take the pop up out 4-5 times a year no longer than 3 hours. I also may sell it and get something smaller … idk we’ll see.

fdchief

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 BadSquatch, 1995 F250, 2018 Rebel R2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Honestly i would go with the WT if you plan on keeping it long term, if its certified then you are pretty well covered. From experience i settled on a vehicle once that was a great vehicle but i wanted a trim level that was higher.... and in my own head i was always like, i should have went with the higher trim model, id find things that i didnt like that the higher trim had.

OP
OP

WIDirtFishing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Lariat 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Honestly i would go with the WT if you plan on keeping it long term, if its certified then you are pretty well covered. From experience i settled on a vehicle once that was a great vehicle but i wanted a trim level that was higher.... and in my own head i was always like, i should have went with the higher trim model, id find things that i didnt like that the higher trim had.
This is the way I’m leaning. I don’t drive tons now that I’m 4 days a week work from home. And I think the smiles will be worth the xtra gas lol

fdchief

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is the way I’m leaning. I don’t drive tons now that I’m 4 days a week work from home. And I think the smiles will be worth the xtra gas lol

Where ya at in Wisky? i spent 3 months up there this year in Tomah, Helping another Federal Fire Department. Ill be up there again late spring for a few weeks again. Tried to find some broncos to wheel with last time i was up there but didnt have much luck, just lots of side eyes from all the Jeepers in that area.

Sponsored
OP
OP

WIDirtFishing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Lariat 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Where ya at in Wisky? i spent 3 months up there this year in Tomah, Helping another Federal Fire Department. Ill be up there again late spring for a few weeks again. Tried to find some broncos to wheel with last time i was up there but didnt have much luck, just lots of side eyes from all the Jeepers in that area.
Oh loaded with Jeeps, specially Rubicons.
I’m actually not far from Tomah, bout an hour away in the La Crosse area.
WI doesn’t have much for off roading (compared to other states) but winter is a bit more fun lol

fdchief

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Oh loaded with Jeeps, specially Rubicons.
I’m actually not far from Tomah, bout an hour away in the La Crosse area.
WI doesn’t have much for off roading (compared to other states) but winter is a bit more fun lol

Ohh now im jealous, while i was there i found The Sports Nut in Lacrosse, and quite a few Loggers Games, The Sports Nut has the VERY BEST wings ive ever eaten in my life.

OP
OP

WIDirtFishing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Lariat 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Ohh now im jealous, while i was there i found The Sports Nut in Lacrosse, and quite a few Loggers Games, The Sports Nut has the VERY BEST wings ive ever eaten in my life.
So. Everyone says that!!! I have lived here a long time and never have been. God i feel ashamed. Wings and spotted cow are my jam lol

fdchief

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So. Everyone says that!!! I have lived here a long time and never have been. God i feel ashamed. Wings and spotted cow are my jam lol

i forgot about the spotted cow!.... and i learned what squeeky cheese is.... beautiful country up there... i did find a few mild trails to play on while i was up there... but nothing that compares to here in Appalachia Country.

ADK23

Outer Banks
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2 Dr
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So I feel stuck.
i’ve been wanting a bronco since launch. Had a deposit down but pulled back after the wait time and everything else.
I’m in a position to buy again. I live in Wisconsin, I plan to do basically zero off roading other than some forest roads and low maintenance dirt roads. I do plan to get Sumo Springs right away as I do plan to tow our pop up that is 2800 lbs dry and will be close to 3300 loaded.
My original plan was to get a 2023 OBx, lux, tow, hard top, for $2000 under MSRP.
That was the plan till a certified 2022 Wildtrak came up for sale. Lux, hardtop, tow, etc all the “needs” and the OBX is the more practical option for my needs, but ainfeel the Wildtrak is speaking to my soul haha

i need some advice!!!

edit. New obx is $2000 under MSRP so $57,500
The Wildtrak, 12,000 miles certified is $56,500

edit: oBX is non-sas 2.7
You have a used Bronco with 12k mileage versus a brand new one for around the same price. To me this one’s a no-brainer take the brand new Outer Banks model !! Having said that, if that wild track was $10,000 cheaper, I would say that is a good deal but they’re asking top dollar , take the brand new one.

Sponsored

DBX2

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco; '23 F150 reg cab 5.0, custom interior
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Used vs new. I know how we drive and care for our WT; wouldn’t buy a used Bronco, Wrangler, sports car, but that’s me. If the WT speaks to you and it sounds like it does, I get it and ,too, biased BUT…take a mechanic and/or buddy that knows what he/she is looking at and do an underneath inspection on a lift if at all possible. Good luck.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
So I feel stuck.
i’ve been wanting a bronco since launch. Had a deposit down but pulled back after the wait time and everything else.
I’m in a position to buy again. I live in Wisconsin, I plan to do basically zero off roading other than some forest roads and low maintenance dirt roads. I do plan to get Sumo Springs right away as I do plan to tow our pop up that is 2800 lbs dry and will be close to 3300 loaded.
My original plan was to get a 2023 OBx, lux, tow, hard top, for $2000 under MSRP.
That was the plan till a certified 2022 Wildtrak came up for sale. Lux, hardtop, tow, etc all the “needs” and the OBX is the more practical option for my needs, but ainfeel the Wildtrak is speaking to my soul haha

i need some advice!!!

edit. New obx is $2000 under MSRP so $57,500
The Wildtrak, 12,000 miles certified is $56,500

edit: oBX is non-sas 2.7
Since you mentioned "I plan to do basically zero off roading", the HOSS 3.0 and other stuff are of little value. Looks like 2024 4-door Bronco starts at $40K. Have you tried build/price, adding options to build something that legit fits your usage? Or is that still bringing you up to the $55k+ range?

OP
OP

WIDirtFishing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Lariat 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Used vs new. I know how we drive and care for our WT; wouldn’t buy a used Bronco, Wrangler, sports car, but that’s me. If the WT speaks to you and it sounds like it does, I get it and ,too, biased BUT…take a mechanic and/or buddy that knows what he/she is looking at and do an underneath inspection on a lift if at all possible. Good luck.
Solid advice

Since you mentioned "I plan to do basically zero off roading", the HOSS 3.0 and other stuff are of little value. Looks like 2024 4-door Bronco starts at $40K. Have you tried build/price, adding options to build something that legit fits your usage? Or is that still bringing you up to the $55k+ range?
Yea i have. I live in Wi so really would like the heated steering which means its LUX or bust. Also hardtop was nonnegotiable along with Tow. So i think the ObX in Cactus Gray is gonna do it for me. I would prefer HpR but Cg was a close 2nd

JL8jeff

Base
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2door base Sasquatch 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Base
I would go with the Sas package on any Bronco since it gives you the gears and all the other things you will end up wanting if you swap to bigger wheels/tires. As far as value, a new truck will lose $5K the minute you drive it off the lot but the used one might only drop 1-2K when you get it home. With the low miles you'll be putting on it, you would catch up on average miles in a year probably with the WT.

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If it's a WT w/HOSS 3.0 (suspension and steering upgrades), I would get the WT. The suspension improvements (Fox 2.5) alone over non-Sas are worth it. Without HOSS 3.0, it still has the higher-end Bilsteins on the BL (and the 2.0 rack, which isn't an issue if you're not off roading it fairly hard). Plus you get the better gearing (4.7) and the Sas setup. I'd be hard pressed to get non-BL or WT if I had that on offer.
Sponsored