KW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wld '22 - 23 SQ8 AUDI
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I've been driving my '22 WT with great pleasure... w/minor off-road drives...now at 12k miles + and not any issues to speak of... minor ones are re-setting the power windows, re-booting iPhone apple play connection once... and drove it strong on the highways.... 15.7 - 16.4 mpg still running strong. I've seen more issues on this forum regarding the '21 and '23's.... very few with the '22's. My 2 cents.
Sponsored

Lake Tahoe Traveler

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco 2dr BL SASQ, & 1975 Bronco Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The Wildtrak which comes with SASQ will hold its value better than a non SASQed model.
lockers---trail assist--- etc. you will be much happier. 12K is nothing... barely broken in.
Yea I would get the Wildtrak... that would me my call.

OP
OP

WIDirtFishing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Lariat 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
You should still be able to buy it, people bring vehicles back for recalls all the time.
I'm confused.
Its no longer a recall its a Stop Sale order from ford. Said it was just released this week.
I couldve still bought it but the part availability is estimated by end of April. So I wasnā€™t gonna do that.

Brisco2

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 F350 XLT, 2018 Ford E350
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Is the Wildtrack CPO with 12K at a closer dealer? Maybe decision was made for you?

Montana Bronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Based on only these two vehicles, I would take the used Wildtrack as long as it is certified CPO.

But I would look at other options, shop around, every dealer has excess Broncoā€™s on their lots and most dealers are starting to make deals.

Sponsored

Glade Runner

Everglades
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

Given your price point, Iā€™d look at new 2023 on the lot. Dealers in my area are sitting on inventory and discounts off MSRP of $5-7K on 2023 models are common.

pillar406

Outer Banks
First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.keeseemotorcompany.com
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

You should still be able to buy it, people bring vehicles back for recalls all the time.
I'm confused.
The recall is considered a safety recall so the vehicle cannot leave the lot. Would you really want to pay for a vehicle and have it sit there? Below is the statement from the bulletin.

SERVICE ACTION DO NOT DEMONSTRATE OR DELIVER any new in-stock vehicles involved in this safety recall. A complete Dealer Bulletin will be provided to dealers by the end of the 1st Quarter 2024, when it is anticipated that parts ordering information and repair instructions will be available to support this safety recall. For new vehicle storage guidelines, refer to EFC13033, Storage Guidelines for New Vehicles.

NM_Wildtrak

Wildtrak
First Name
Gerardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco 2 door wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The Wildtrak shouldnā€™t be affected, go get the WT!

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
The Wildtrak which comes with SASQ will hold its value better than a non SASQed model.
lockers---trail assist--- etc. you will be much happier. 12K is nothing... barely broken in.
Yea I would get the Wildtrak... that would me my call.
OP already mentioned "I plan to do basically zero off roading", so lockers, trail assist etc are of little to no value. Same with HOSS version whatever.

In terms of resale value, I wouldn't recommend spending thousands extra, hoping for a future return at resale. Generally speaking it's the lower end versions that hold value best, as they get budget conscious buyers (that's why they are buying used) into the vehicle at lower prices. I can't find it at the moment, but there was some discussion about this in the Wrangler forums.

OP, I wouldn't rule out that Wildtrak you mentioned. But I'm with @Glade Runner, seems like there are deals to be had these days, and since you're delayed due to the window situation, maybe you can find a better fit/deal looking around a bit more.

JL8jeff

Base
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2door base Sasquatch 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Base
For fucks sakeā€¦
I drive over 2 hours to the dealerā€¦ there is a fucking stop sale on it due to the hardtop glass separation recallā€¦
So I canā€™t even buy the god damn thingā€¦ iā€™m so fucking furious.
Wow, that sucks, I hate making a drive like that for no reason. But this could give you a chance to test drive the WT. I would test drive both the Sas and non Sas to see if you really like one more than the other. Also search around some other dealers to see if any leftover 23's are still around without the recall, you might find a good deal. I had sold my Silverado last year and had no vehicle so I had to scramble to find one at msrp even if it wasn't my top color choice. The Sas, mod bumper, aux switches, 2.7 and auto were my big selling points and the hoop steps and brush guard were a bonus. I added the wheels/tires when I found a buyer for the stock ones.

Ford Bronco I need help! Before I buy tomorrow. Bronco_phone3

Sponsored

SHANUT

Badlands
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So I feel stuck.
iā€™ve been wanting a bronco since launch. Had a deposit down but pulled back after the wait time and everything else.
Iā€™m in a position to buy again. I live in Wisconsin, I plan to do basically zero off roading other than some forest roads and low maintenance dirt roads. I do plan to get Sumo Springs right away as I do plan to tow our pop up that is 2800 lbs dry and will be close to 3300 loaded.
My original plan was to get a 2023 OBx, lux, tow, hard top, for $2000 under MSRP.
That was the plan till a certified 2022 Wildtrak came up for sale. Lux, hardtop, tow, etc all the ā€œneedsā€ and the OBX is the more practical option for my needs, but ainfeel the Wildtrak is speaking to my soul haha

i need some advice!!!

edit. New obx is $2000 under MSRP so $57,500
The Wildtrak, 12,000 miles certified is $56,500

edit: oBX is non-sas 2.7
I would never buy a specialty vehicle used because there are way too many knuckleheads out there that run the crap out of these things because theyā€™re so much fun. Hopefully this opinion isnā€™t too late for your decision. I feel the same way about used high-performance cars or trucks. People have no idea how to break them in properly and maintain them the way they should.

retiredarmymp

Badlands
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wildtrack. Better to have it, and not need it than to need it and not have it. But I do recommend a Ford ESP extended warranty either way you go.

IMG_5075.jpeg

Black_Stallion13

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I wouldnā€™t buy either honestly. $57k just seems too much for a non sas ā€˜23 at this stage. WT is a decent deal but sounds like u r paying $10k extra for stuff u know you donā€™t need. The 24ā€™s get marine grade vinyl and the 12ā€ screen standard so if u donā€™t want/need sas package save like $10k and just find a new ā€˜24 Big Bendā€¦ just my .02

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

HOSS 3.0 was optional the first half of 2022, then standard the second half for the WT. So it depends on when it was produced.
Optional the 2nd half of 2022, then standard in 2023

OP
OP

WIDirtFishing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Lariat 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I wouldnā€™t buy either honestly. $57k just seems too much for a non sas ā€˜23 at this stage. WT is a decent deal but sounds like u r paying $10k extra for stuff u know you donā€™t need. The 24ā€™s get marine grade vinyl and the 12ā€ screen standard so if u donā€™t want/need sas package save like $10k and just find a new ā€˜24 Big Bendā€¦ just my .02
No 2.7 on the Big Bend. And the ā€˜24 BB, BD and OBX only have advanced 4x4 with Sasquatch package.
Sponsored