Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 OBX SAS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I sold my 2016 Camaro 2SS a while ago before I got my Bronco. It had the all the packages and factory installed ground effects body kit.

1683574597100.png

Same situation as OP. Could have kept it.
I regret it selling it(even my wife as well). We miss the V8 sound and instant throttle response.
I can see regretting selling the Camaro. You also regret selling your wife? Did you get a good deal?
Sponsored

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hard to say as none of us are in your shoes or know your situation.
However, the one poster above mentioned cutting back on other things to maybe make it work.
Not a bad answer, if doable.
Granted, if it is that tight, maybe going in more debt isn't the right answer.
OR maybe selling the Mustang and making things doable is the right answer.
But I can tell you a younger and dumber me had to struggle a lot more than I should have making not-the-best financial decisions concerning cars.
And as an added complexity, what if all of your transportation "eggs" are in the Bronco basket and you have some dreaded recall/warranty issue and you end up with a dealer who absolutely will not do the loaner thing...making payments on something you can't drive and not having a way to get back and forth (and not being able to afford a rental because you are paycheck to paycheck) is a LOT of added stress...
Points to ponder.
Not assuming you are going to be that strapped, more of a "what if" scenario.

Perfect world? Be able to keep and enjoy both, always have a backup vehicle just in case.
At the end of the day this is an awesome ride to have but it is not worth undue stress and hardship to own.

Someone else mentioned scaling back the model and having both. Another very good answer and viable option.
Best of luck either way.

Haelous

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT, 2023 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I usually use a spreadsheet to estimate yearly costs when I plan a large financial change. If you don't see keeping the Mustang being a huge detriment to your quality of life over the next year after doing such an estimate, I'd suggest keeping it.

I have a 2016 GT that I like very much. I'm planning to keep it forever.

With that said, do not be car poor. It is never worth it.

HCGxKaLiBeR

Wildtrak
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Audi S4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I can see regretting selling the Camaro. You also regret selling your wife? Did you get a good deal?
I wasn't being clear, but LMAO. haha

Rizz512

Base
First Name
Rudy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Zo6, Acura TSX
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'm really happy with the Bronco but I don't think it's a very practical daily driver imo.

As others have said do what makes the most financial sense above all.

Sponsored

BostonSasquatch

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Lux Badlands with hardtop and Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I pulled up to a BMW X7 at a red light, and we sort of eyed each other's rides. I said, "You can go faster than me, but I can haul you out of a ditch."
He smiled and the light turned green.
A later thought: the Beemer street SUVs -- like the Mustang--have run-flats. You can go more places with your rubber.

HotRod76

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am so glad this thread exists! I have an 06 Mustang GT that's got a couple of mods on it. Most people think it's some kind of special edition as I did not go too crazy on modding it (duck tail, katzkin charcoal / silver leather seats, hood scoop, chin spoiler, flow masters, short throw shifter). I wanted it to look like a 69 Boss 429. It sounds like a beast (even though she's only 300HP with that V8) and with only 20K miles on it (basically new). I'm the only owner and figured I would keep the car forever. Yet all I want to do is drive my Bronco. Honestly, I want another Bronco. I think I may have developed a Bronco addiction. I may need help.

Area51BS

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands non SAS 4dr 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don’t like cars for daily driving. Useless. I like trucks. Just my opinion. Sell the Mustang. I find the Bronco fun to drive. Hotrods or cars on a drag strip is another story.

Wheelin72

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I agree with most replies, saying that you should keep both if you are able to handle it financially.
Personally, I kept my '14 Mustang GT because I love driving it. I don't NEED it, but I WANT it. I do need a truck or SUV to tow trailers and haul dirt bikes I've had two vehicles for quite a while now (one sporty, one utilitarian).

My advice would be this... when you get the new Bronco, you are going to want to drive it a lot since it is new. During this time, the Mustang will be mostly parked and not getting much use. Wait for the "newness" of the Bronco to pass, and see if you miss driving the Mustang. This is what I experienced. Now, I find that I drive the Mustang more often than when the Bronco was new. You can always decide to sell your Mustang later.

Another thought... This summer, I plan to have the roof and doors off of my Bronco on a regular basis. Last summer, I would go back and forth between installing and removing the hard top, using the hoist system I installed in my garage. But this year, I plan to just leave the top off, and when it rains I can just drive the Mustang without having to reinstall the hard top as often.

Constraints

Wildtrak
First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiat 500
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Glad this thread is going. I am in a pickle as well. I have a Wildtrak 4dr hardtop, MIC, High package that is scheduled to be built 6/9. I am currently a young professional (29 years old). I live with my family which has allowed me to save for a house while paying off my student debt, Go Ducks! My family would most likely be pissed that I would be getting a new car instead of moving out which they also understand how difficult it is during this whole economic situation. Current car is paid off , gas is cheap and it is a small car. I have always wanted a Bronco but I am afraid that if I go thru with the purchase it wont be a good idea in the long run. I should mentioned that I can afford and have planned to put more money down up front to alleviate the interest and monthly payment. Tuff decision and is stressful to think about. Appreciate any insight.

Sponsored

Canyon Coolers

Wildtrak
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
canyoncoolers.com
Vehicle(s)
73 Bronco, Dodge 2500, Sprinter Van
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

[/QUOTE]

Since you asked this on a Bronco forum I think we know what you wanted to hear. For myself I sold a 2012 Infinity G37, and a 1973 Bronco I had owned for 22 years. Loved them both, but it was the right decision for me.

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

So , my wildtrak will be delivered in the next week or so and my 2015 mustang which I originally was going to keep must be sold so I can be in a better position with the bronco..
I don't HAVE TO sell the mustang but it would greatly help me with a lil tigher financial situation currently. Basically I'd be losing one horse but gaining another ..my question is, am I stupid for getting rid of this car? Or is the bronco that much fun that I won't mind ? Or buck up and tighten the belt? I know this is very opinion based but I just wanted some light hearted feedback to soften the loss of my baby..here she is..
20220615_170802.jpg

As a big Fox body guy who now has a Bronco, I can say that the Bronc is similar to a Stang but with 4WD, IMO. Granted I did not own a newer Stang but my foxes were not stock either. My Bronc only has about 400 miles on it but its got some snot to it (2.7). I do still have one fox left and I can say I enjoy the Bronc more than I do the Stang. The Stang is fast but the Bronc is fast enough and you can just whip it off the road at anytime and it will handle it. Try that in a Stang.

Watch this short video and you will see what I mean>>>>>>>>

Just my thoughts after having both vehicles. 😁

sda3

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I've got a 2016 Mustang GT as well. The bronco is my wife's but I drive it often. It does have some power with the 2.7 but it still doesn't compare with the mustang. I got it back out after being garaged for the winter and coudn't imagine having sold it. The bronco is fun, but completely different from the mustang.

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Kept all mine, though the 06 GT convertible now sits outside the car hole. The Bronco took its space.

IMG_0008.jpeg

Baerkeeper

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Basequatch | 2020 Miata RF
Your Bronco Model
Base
If you're paying cash for the Bronco, then I would keep the Mustang. If not, I would sell it and use it towards a bigger down payment.

The driving experience I get from my Miata differs so much from my Bronco. Both are unique and super fun to drive. I enjoy and appreciate having this option.
Sponsored