Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sahara
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I test drove a Wrangler Sport last week and I hated it. I was constantly having to correct the steering and the engine just didn’t impress me (I can’t remember which one was in it, single turbo). For the price I just wasn’t impressed. The dealer swore he could have it on the lot within 4 weeks of me completing the build.
Sponsored

JT58Bronc

Base
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2021 Miata track Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Short term Jeep is probably pulling a few customers away from Ford. But long term Ford will hurt Wrangler sales. The day you can walk on a Ford lot and drive off in a Bronco is going to put a cramp in Jeep sales, they'll no longer be the only game in town.

BTW, Congrats on the new Gladiator. Solid vehicle, I'm currently pushing 70k on my Rubicon with no complaints.
Perfectly stated. I saw a really nice Gladiator Rubicon this weekend- with lift and what looked like 35's. Both me and my GF turned heads to look at it. My first thought was how many people that had Bronco orders that could no longer wait- due to lease ending, vehicle dying, etc. and migrated to a Jeep product. That cools Gladiator we saw had me thinking but we are going to wait it out. it will be awhile before there are Broncos on the lot and readily available for anyone to buy- probably at least 2 years is my prediction.

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
With my current lease coming up in November, Ford isn’t proving to me that my Bronco is going to be here by then. I ordered a Gladiator Mojave yesterday. I’m disappointed that I won’t have a Bronco in my near future; however, I’m also excited to get off the road in my Jeep!
Good things come to those who wait, Jeeps come to those who don't!

I've owned 4 Wranglers, I can wait for something new.

Last edited:

Ryuk

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger, 2023 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

With my current lease coming up in November, Ford isn’t proving to me that my Bronco is going to be here by then. I ordered a Gladiator Mojave yesterday. I’m disappointed that I won’t have a Bronco in my near future; however, I’m also excited to get off the road in my Jeep!
Congrats!!! They are damn nice vehicles.
I am curious, did any of the Jeep hate, influence your decision at all?
I am wondering if all the negativity on Bronco6g is also a contributing factor for people to look elsewhere.

The attitude on this forum has gone to the pooper lately

OP
OP
JoshikaPoodle

JoshikaPoodle

Base
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

LOL, you're all on the wrong forum here I'm sure. Or just trolling?
But enjoy your fugly truck thing. Personally I'd rather drive my 19 year old Tacoma for ever than driving that dorky Gladiator, but hey, all you jeep shills go ahead and enjoy 🙃
Just not sure why you post about your impatience and bad decision here? LOL
There's a sister forum just for you out there, seems like it's run by the same company as this forum too, so you won't get lost.
Oh, and bye!
It's okay to be frustrated waiting for your Bronco, I sure was too. I just hope you got the option to remove your wedged panties. :LOL:

Sponsored

RookieMissSteak

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep GC, 2021 Jeep JTR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am wondering if all the negativity on Bronco6g is also a contributing factor for people to look elsewhere.

Not the op, but for myself, I have been spending time on the gladiator forum and here. It seemed like when the Bronco is brought up on the gladiator forum, the responses are more like, ‘yep, looks neat‘ and a more level discussion on the pros and cons. Here, when the gladiator gets brought up, there seems to be more knee-jerk hate. Doesn’t bother me, but it makes me wonder, and it’s definitely a bad look. The Jeep hate is weird. Criticisms are awesome, and bring value to the conversation, but the out right hatred seems a little nuts.

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Congrats, I was extremely close to buying a used launch edition gladiator for my wife. She couldn’t get past the lack of power though. I guess I’m in the minority because I think they look fantastic. Good luck with it.

OP
OP
JoshikaPoodle

JoshikaPoodle

Base
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Not really, from the beginning with I was pretty indifferent to the two. I think the Bronco has more value/price on the lower end but once you get over $45k I think Jeep starts pulling ahead a bit (especially with being able to get one below MSRP). I was looking to stay on the lower end but decided to jump up on how much I'm willing to spend.

Having a truck will also be nice. lol

DryYourTears

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Defender, 51 Ford F1, motorcycles
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not the op, but for myself, I have been spending time on the gladiator forum and here. It seemed like when the Bronco is brought up on the gladiator forum, the responses are more like, ‘yep, looks neat‘ and a more level discussion on the pros and cons. Here, when the gladiator gets brought up, there seems to be more knee-jerk hate. Doesn’t bother me, but it makes me wonder, and it’s definitely a bad look. The Jeep hate is weird. Criticisms are awesome, and bring value to the conversation, but the out right hatred seems a little nuts.
Bringing up ANYTHING else on here brings the hate. Anything else is considered "garbage", "ugly", "not even close to the same thing", "weak", "useless"... it's kind of crazy.

OP
OP
JoshikaPoodle

JoshikaPoodle

Base
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I test drove a Wrangler Sport last week and I hated it. I was constantly having to correct the steering and the engine just didn’t impress me (I can’t remember which one was in it, single turbo). For the price I just wasn’t impressed. The dealer swore he could have it on the lot within 4 weeks of me completing the build.
Unfortunately, to get a decent set up with Jeep you have to pay. The Mojave addresses some issues with lower trims and throws in some upgrades.

Sponsored
OP
OP
JoshikaPoodle

JoshikaPoodle

Base
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Congrats on the Gladi, but you didn't want to wait to see when your Bronco is getting built?
My Gladiator will be built in about 4 weeks, I didn't cancel my reservation yet and the deposit on the Jeep is refundable until I sign. I should know my build date by then so there's still a chance I'll be getting a Bronco, but I don't think it's likey.

Delli555

Black Diamond
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Acadia
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Congrats on the Gladi, but you didn't want to wait to see when your Bronco is getting built?
Unfortunately, they nixed the projected build weeks they were supposed to give us so now we might not know a delivery estimate until it goes into production.

I suppose it is a matter of how long you are willing to wait. I was really counting on that delivery estimate to know if I can sell my current vehicle in June or July while the used car market value is through the roof. I imagine it will come back to Earth in a few months or so.

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think the hate for Gladiator is something that is fairly widespread, not just this forum. You either love it or hate it, so there is a big hate group. Conversely, most people in general like Wranglers. There is a big difference.

Secondly, part of the reaction here is also magnified because there are a few Jeep trolls who jump in on many threads pooping on Bronco and talking about their Rubi order, and how great Rubi is...no one wants that. People are well aware of what Wrangler offers...so it creates the reaction that you are talking about, that you are calling "hatred". It's just reaction to the trolling here of a couple who cancelled Bronco orders and ordered Jeeps, yet still feel the need to live on here and try to validate their decision every day.

RookieMissSteak

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep GC, 2021 Jeep JTR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My Gladiator will be built in about 4 weeks, I didn't cancel my reservation yet and the deposit on the Jeep is refundable until I sign. I should know my build date by then so there's still a chance I'll be getting a Bronco, but I don't think it's likey.
That’s similar to what I want to do. I figure the gladiator will get me back on the overgrown logging trails in my woods and I can use the truck bed and maybe winch to move stuff around and clean them out,, and then when the Broncos are available in 2022, maybe I’ll have the trails nice, and make a decision to switch to the smaller Bronco which will be easier to drive around out there. Sounds like a fun way to spend the next several months.

OP
OP
JoshikaPoodle

JoshikaPoodle

Base
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Congrats what color did you go with I really like the sarge green nacho is pretty cool too and stinggrrey
I got it in Sarge Green, It's an awesome color, and it was another way to justify the switch. lol
Sponsored