Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

curious....what would qualify it as a truck vs a car vs a suv ?
Truck = cargo area outside of the cab.
Car = people mover with a lower roofline and ride height.
SUV = Body on frame, off-road capable, cargo carried in the cab.
Cross-Over = tall car.
Sponsored

TJconvert2.7

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
When did this happen? In the era post four-doored Jeeps and all of the other things @TJconvert2.7 mentioned. Those things saved the company's bottom lines from reckless executive salaries, wild expenditures, and poor investments, but it doesn't mean they don't SUCK!

Maybe you'll live five years longer eating cruciferous vegetables and bubble wrapping yourselves while never eating steak or playing with fire, but that, to me, is merely existing and not living.

Let companies die. I don't know why we hold onto the familiar so vehemently that we have to bail out every company that struggles, but only when they are gargantuan. We act as if nobody else could fill their shoes--meaning no one else could do what they do better, but obviously someone can if they are struggling so badly after growing to such a size and existing for so many decades.

So what if Porsche had died off instead of making a Boxster? or the Cayenne? Maybe we would see a bunch of Pagani luxury SUVs around town or a new car manufacturer that would now be about 20 years old.
Did you know Chrysler got bailed out before 2008? Lee I-dontknowhowtospell-cocca set it up.

so, do u mean let Jeep, Chrysler, Dodge and GM die too?

that surely would’ve created a depression right?

just curious

harpo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
not as many as I thought
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I get your point about accentuating the positive. And I hate to introduce "DAMN" statics, but:

1970 median (half above; half below) family income @$10,000. Avg vehicle price, $3,542
2020 median family income @$78,500. Avg vehicle price, $37,851

Vehicles have grown pricier...from 35% of income to 48%. People are more demanding
Not to be contrary, but what is the median vehicle price and what is the estimated mileage/life of the vehicle?

When I see statistics like this I wonder what the true story is. IE what family making the median could afford a $38,000 vehicle? How are the statistics skewed, is it just new vehicles? Are the uber rich skewing the average with "hyper cars". Is it just that loan rates are low so affordability increases...

hmmmmmm

Brongo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I remember a time when Bronco/Blazer/Wrangler enthusiasts' most important concern was about traction and tire size, real world drivetrain upgrades, pulling the top off for the nice weather, simple necessities and knowing you have a unique vehicle.

I can't remember a time when someone got out of the cab on a trail and said "Man, I would be so much better if I had more GOAT modes" or "Life would be so much better if the seat stitching wasn't orange". A time when the only options you cared about was power windows, cruise and transmission choices. (Don't worry I'm not even 40 so don't think I am talking about the 60's) People were happy to own their TRUCK, understanding it's not a direct replacement for an SUV, Wagon, Subaru, or any other unibody you're getting out of. MPG wasn't important enough to compare to a completely different style vehicle. Calling it a car would turn heads. Tire noise? Who cares? Upgrades and maintenance were done by yourself. If they didn't offer it from the factory it didn't matter because you would change it anyways. Worrying about the GVWR of the truck if you loaded it for a weekend at the beach?! Let's face it, 50% or more of these trucks will not drive on an unpaved road.

Remember when the Bronco community would get excited when news surfaced of a possible return ? Was your first thought "It better have enough rear cup holders!"

Has Ford failed this release ? I believe somewhat, but I don't think they thought there would be this much interest behind it, supplier shortage, and the economy. I think there should be more transparency to the buyer, but I feel they are doing their best. I for one enjoy seeing new photos, colors, options, videos, features, etc. But I will be honest in saying I'm sick of the revolving discussions about things out of our control or sh*t that shouldn't matter, and if it does - maybe this vehicle isn't for you? Maybe a BMW?

That being said, I have on order a 2 Door BL Sasquatch, VB, high package, 2.7 (4 Doors are soccer mom edition of the Bronco, sorry! :LOL: ) I enjoy the amenities, but if all Ford offered was a base - I would buy that too.

My rant is over, carry on!
Ford Bronco I Remember When ... source

Sponsored

MorgansRun

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 330e
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
When I see statistics like this I wonder what the true story is.
It depends on what story you are trying to tell. There are numbers and statistics that can prove most anything to be either true or false.

Ryuk

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger, 2023 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Next person who says the 4 door is the soccer mom version needs a kick in the ass, I swear. Bet my first edition 4 door sees more offroading than the majority of 2 doors. Let's keep in mind that longer wheelbase makes it better in a number of offroad situations, like climbing steeper shit without falling over 😉

The number of times I've seen 2 door rigs with a winch hooked up to the back to keep them from tipping over on something a 4 door can do no problem....
The 4 Door is the soccer mom version, which carries crotch fruit and has been recently nicknamed the HO DO for it's GTA5 ability to carry bitches and ammo.
BRING ON THE ASS KICKING ATTEMPT.
Ford Bronco I Remember When ... 1617904406978

:ROFLMAO:

Longer wheelbase really only helps in climbing or descending very steep angles, but is not as good in many other areas. Conversely, the wheelbase of the 2 Door Bronco happens to be the sweet spot for 4 wheeling. Not too short, but not school bus soccer mom HoDo length.

Hoofnmouth

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford focus st
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Seriously. It's like visiting my Dad and his friends at the old people home.

"You know who else likes to bitch and complain about youngsters and modern convenience?" - Dr. Rick from the Progressive commercials
I still do alot of active sports but now afterwards we talk about torn meniscus and medications vs new hot girl or party🙈

Sponsored

DeltaBravo

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Delta
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MIKES MOM
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Idk what’s happening here but I like cheese pizza

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
For real judging by the fact that OP and I drive damn near the same rig. Daily I imagine. I am totally with you. I consider my 96 XLT to be the pinnacle of luxury. It has push button 4x4, power everything and a radio. It also has a fridge between the seat, OMFG its amazing. I dont care about screens or modes or any of that nanny junk.

Do I have a couple gripes sure. Vinyl seats and washout floors should be base options like every ford fleet work truck I have been in. Also given that the BD is said to be an offroad model it should have gotten the 210 front diff and locker as a non squatch option. If either of those had been the case I would be deciding between a base squatch and a built well black diamond with steel wheels. As is I am looking up class at either Black diamond squatch or standard badlands.

The list of things I care about on this vehicle is short.
Lockers
vinyl seats
no carpet
heavy duty axles
manual trans
not huge wheels

Im not buying this year and maybe not even next year depending on my wallet. But I do remember in the beginning that ford did plan on selling some of these as fleet vehicles. Im hoping by the time I buy I can put together what I want with as little of what I dont as possible. Still gonna have to make a cover for that screen though, I cant drive like that.

Also it is most likely that I am getting the four door but it is only because I am used to my 96 Bronco. Its virtually the same size. I dont have kids. That mess would be whack, never crossed my mind. They dont know what to do with one of me. I just dont think my dogs will fit in the 2 door along with my wife and have a place to put a pizza box that the dogs cant get!

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I get your point about accentuating the positive. And I hate to introduce "DAMN" statics, but:

1970 median (half above; half below) family income @$10,000. Avg vehicle price, $3,542
2020 median family income @$78,500. Avg vehicle price, $37,851

Vehicles have grown pricier...from 35% of income to 48%. People are more demanding
I think that 13% discrepency would definitely be the tv in the dash, modes, driver assists, heated butt wipers, and fancy headlights on top of fancy headlights.
Sponsored