William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

A guy in our area just rolled a Focus! swerving from a deer and died. 2 rolls. A Focus. I do wonder about the center of gravity of our Broncos.....and does it color match the grab handles?
Exactly why I taught my kids to slow down/stop but don't leave the road for anything in the road unless it's human. There's way too many hundred year old trees and deer in my area so I'll take my chances with the deer even if I was in a Focus.
Sponsored

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Exactly why I taught my kids to slow down/stop but don't leave the road for anything in the road unless it's human. There's way too many hundred year old trees and deer in my area so I'll take my chances with the deer even if I was in a Focus.
Yeah, tough to overcome our natural reaction to dodge....but better to have a totalled car than a funeral.

broncoskip

Outer Banks
First Name
Broncoskip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

2030... Remember when you could get a Gas engine in a Bronco? (It's electric only now)

Frank N

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

2035- remember when we had cars and trucks because we left the house....

Sponsored

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

A buddy of mine still has an orange 2-door explorer and I fucking love it. The Explorer has no character anymore IMO.

OP
OP
KH_59

KH_59

Base
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Base
2040 - remember when we used to live down there?

Ford Bronco Remember when........... 1606928574998

dejones64

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2-dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I appreciate your dark reminder that maybe we should be less worried about the color matching interior and more concerned about how everyone on here is going to load their GVWR through the roof (literally).
Hopefully I can keep a rtt around 100lbs. Smittybilt Overlander Hardshell 2983.

Then put on sliders and gear down low to lower the center of gravity.

Jr87mustang

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Expedition, 1987 5.0 GT Convert
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So, when Jeep drops the 2-door Wrangler, are you OK with Ford also dropping the 2-door Bronco?
I don't know that two doors will ever be dropped because its the model that brings outsiders in to the Bronco/Jeep lifestyle. Seeing a two door out wheeling in the woods is awesome. When a overwhelming percentage arrive to the lifestyle and realize how limiting the two door models are for real life, they just buy 4 door models. I think the two door models are needed to drive the sales of the four door model that keeps the money coming in. They both need each other. But on that note, if anyone wants a manual sasquatch they better pony up and get it while they can. No one knows what the future holds and right now the hobbyists are driving the Bronco forward but after the first year or maybe two the sales will taper off on the oddball combinations.

Philly

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So, when Jeep drops the 2-door Wrangler, are you OK with Ford also dropping the 2-door Bronco?
Jeep isn't planning to ditch the two door Wrangler any time soon. However, they have already started eliminating trim levels from the two door such as the Sahara. To my knowledge, the two door will stick around, but it is going to lose all of the more refined trim levels and be purely focused around off roading. The four door will be the "do-it-all" Jeep good for the mall or for the trail depending on trim and accessories. I actually think this is a good move because everyone I know that want's a two door Jeep is getting it for the trails. Most people that want a daily driver opt for the four door.

Also, take everything I just said with a grain of salt. I got a lot of this info from an FCA engineer after we had enjoyed quite a few "Pepsi's."

Sponsored

aplm7

Black Diamond
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer 2015
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Hopefully I can keep a rtt around 100lbs. Smittybilt Overlander Hardshell 2983.

Then put on sliders and gear down low to lower the center of gravity.
The GFC super lite rtt is 90 I believe. Hardshell also about $1100

Hoofnmouth

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford focus st
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The last race with lee majors ,thought it was silly now its true?

Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Jeep isn't planning to ditch the two door Wrangler any time soon. However, they have already started eliminating trim levels from the two door such as the Sahara. To my knowledge, the two door will stick around, but it is going to lose all of the more refined trim levels and be purely focused around off roading. The four door will be the "do-it-all" Jeep good for the mall or for the trail depending on trim and accessories. I actually think this is a good move because everyone I know that want's a two door Jeep is getting it for the trails. Most people that want a daily driver opt for the four door.

Also, take everything I just said with a grain of salt. I got a lot of this info from an FCA engineer after we had enjoyed quite a few "Pepsi's."
Yep. That is a strategy that makes sense. I believe I read some where that almost 3/4 of all wrangles sold are 4 doors now. So making the 2 door more focused on the offroading makes sense. Just like most regular cab trucks are work trucks.

JW55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
If Ford didn't offer a 2-door I would not be buying a Bronco. If all they offered was a base 2-door I would get something else.

I have no use for a 4-door.

I wish Toyota still made a 2-door 4Runner.
Sponsored