redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I don't think that statement about 7/13s is very accurate at all. Remember Ford halted 21 MIC top builds in the fall to clear the FEs which they didn't finish either.

Not to mention the almost instant delay of the 2drs because of the floor pans being damaged in shipping.
Sponsored

duel007

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 4-door Bronco Badlands Lux Non-Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This thread makes me feel like a total poser - I sat in a Bronco for the first time in fall 2022 and couldn't order then as the banks were all filled up. Didn't bother with a test drive, I knew right then. The dealer only had two and were marked up $10K.

Ordered spring 2023 the day the banks opened and picked it up a few months later.

1st 75th ranger

Black Diamond
First Name
jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 ford bronco bd 4 dr sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
It will soon be four years since the launch of the Bronco. It was an exciting time when the launch came on TV live. You could immediately (until the system crashed) reserve your Bronco.
Even though there was a lot of aggravation to follow, it was still an exciting time. I reserved on launch night and ordered the first day possible.
I drove my 2 door WT home on October 18 ,2021. First (and probably last) vehicle I ever custom ordered. Aside from the waiting, it was a great experience, giving me something to look forward to every day. Kind of like a kid waiting on Christmas.
yes i have my 2021 bd 4dr sas 2.7l area51 after a 15 mth wait and plenty of ford swag for waiting to prove it ...rock on bronco nation

Tricky Mike

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't think that statement about 7/13s is very accurate at all. Remember Ford halted 21 MIC top builds in the fall to clear the FEs which they didn't finish either.
Yep. I got mine to finally take 3 hours in that night. Delivered Feb of 22.

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Heck I barely remember last week :unsure:

I'm just glad they finally decided to build it after teasing the same picture for some 17 years :sneaky:
I pretty much gave up on it & by chance caught wind of it the day before the reveal. Reserved on day 2 due to waiting to hear back from a friend with a Ford connection that didn't pan out 🤷‍♂️ .

But look at us now 🤠

Sponsored

JT58Bronc

Base
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2021 Miata track Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Oh ya, I remember following everything about this new Bronco since it was revealed as a concept. I read about on the official reveal night and was very bold and reserved one very early the next morning. I did not ask for permission of even my wife, just gambled the $100. I told my son, he was immediately excited as I was. I told my wife when I got home from work and she was fine with it. If and when it ever came in we could opt to keep it or not. We both though it was worth the $100 gamble. Then all of the ups and downs for almost 2 years. Order received, then the waiting, re-order again a second time. Thought it was never coming. Then February of 2022 I got the photo of it on the assembly getting completed. That was cool and I knew it was really coming. Then in late March got the call from the dealer it was in. I could not believe it. I was only going to "check it out". When I saw it, I had to have it and took delivery of the Base Sas 2 door on April 1 of 2022. Loved it that day and still love just as much today. It's not going anywhere- my last new vehicle I will ever buy.

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The night was magical and gave me hope and promises that I relied on...

The actual Bronco I own is 99% everything that I expected it to be.

Seems necessary to state the obvious early: This is a thread about reserving on 7/13/20. It is not a thread about waiting until after 7/13/20 to reserve and how long it took to get delivered.

ETA: Most everyone who reserved on 7/13/20 took delivery in 2021.
Who do you work for???

Gatekeeping a thread to limit responses to people who reserved on reveal night...

...joined in 2023.

Hmm... new account after being banned?

My reveal night reservation was blocked by the BigDealer cartel for so long that I bought off the lot at the end of 2022! We're just glossing over that BS?

Ford screwed this up so badly that I'd be in favor of legislation to restrict the taking of reservations to things you can actually sell. Ford has sold (virtually?) zero Broncos to customers and should not be allowed to take reservations with or without contradictory fine print.

I would say it's my last Ford, but it probably won't be.

BTW, what does ETA mean there?

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Seems necessary to state the obvious early: This is a thread about reserving on 7/13/20. It is not a thread about waiting until after 7/13/20 to reserve and how long it took to get delivered.

Well the title is "remember 4 years ago". Here's what I remember:
  • Excitement that a legit body on frame open top 4x4 was coming.
  • Being ticked off about the rubbish reservation scheme because:
    • It wasn't going to work as expected (as I posted at the time).
    • It allowed any buyer/flipper to reserve (even multiple reservations) with no skin in the game.
    • It put anyone who actually wanted to first see in person and drive a vehicle before deciding to buy at a disadvantage.

So yeah, that Bronco intro was a kluge. I refused to participate in the early reservation scheme. Instead I waited to see and test drive a Bronco in person, and also test drove off-road at a free Ford event. Then I placed a Grangetober $2k under invoice order knowing exactly what I was buying and wanted.

That's probably a reason I love my Bronco, and am not one of these guys who didn't know what they were getting into when they made early reservations. You know, these guys: "I didn't spend $50k+ for wind noise and rain drops on my seat and where is my heated steering wheel blah blah ...". ;)

88BroncoII

Base
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Not a first day reservation but I remember the excitement, and the emails back and forth to my dealer, and the restraints and changes and swag. And 900 days after my reservation I received my BaseSquatch and It was well worth the wait.

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I anticipated the Bronco since the 2005 teaser. I would Google "new Bronco" about every 6 months, finally stumbled on 6g forum in 2018 and kinda lived here. I really expected something like an Escape (Bronco Sport) but then Ford released the picture of the one under the painters tarp and Holy S*^t, there it was, as close to the dream as it could get. Ordered in first hour, expected delivery in June 21, sold Jeep, got a build date of July 19, dirt mountain until the day after Thanksgiving (appropriate?) and have been infatuated since.
Ford Bronco REMEMBER 4 YEARS AGO? 20211126_153034
Ford Bronco REMEMBER 4 YEARS AGO? bronco-1521138949

Sponsored

jdbabb4247

Outer Banks
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Waited 21 months for my Bronco.

Blackcat

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 FORD BRONCO BASE 2 DOOR M/T
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I reserved 7/20/2020 (still shows up in my Ford account), but for some reason or another cancelled the reservation. I ended up ordering in January of 2022 and taking delivery of my 2 DR Base M/T in October of 2022.

And yes, B&P was fun. I must've B&P'd thousands of Broncos.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What?
Y'all only been waiting since July 2020?
Freakin' noobs!!!
Check my join date.
;)Yeah, I might have been excited on reveal night, made plans like a Super Bowl party!!!!

Reserved in first hour.
Built July 15th, kind of....
Original Dirt Mountain Gang for 2 1/2 months.
Took delivery Oct 8th!

Loving it everyday since!!!

widnere12

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Some of us (Like me), didnt take delivery until December 2022... It was a crazy long wait

ABorges

Base
First Name
Art
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1973 F100
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

It will soon be four years since the launch of the Bronco. It was an exciting time when the launch came on TV live. You could immediately (until the system crashed) reserve your Bronco.
Even though there was a lot of aggravation to follow, it was still an exciting time. I reserved on launch night and ordered the first day possible.
I drove my 2 door WT home on October 18 ,2021. First (and probably last) vehicle I ever custom ordered. Aside from the waiting, it was a great experience, giving me something to look forward to every day. Kind of like a kid waiting on Christmas.
I do, I love my Bronco. Ford did a great job on the design of it for sure! I reserved a day or two after it opened for reservations and got lucky, I got mine in December of 2021, and I couldn't believe I got it. Hearing about all the pushbacks on the hard tops and the V6 which is all I cared about having on my Base model I thought for sure I would be getting a 2022. I'm still enjoying the hell out of it!! And one more thing they designed this thing so well, it was my first new Ford, I always bought Silverados.
Sponsored