Sponsored

Bittersweet Moment - Just Found The Bronco I Reserved 2 1/2 Years Ago For Sale Online

RichWpg

Wildtrak
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2d Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Almost 30 months to the day, my long ago ordered Bronco finally showed up for sale today.

Quick background info. I originally signed up on this forum right around reveal date 2020. At some point I changed my order to Chapman Ford when they had the $3000 under MSRP deal. Followed along for a year or so, then kind of faded away from the forum. Decided to re0join today and post my journey.

Here's my timeline:

7/16/20 - After reveal day, it took me 3 days, but I reserved my Bronco on 7/16/20.
My reservation ID number was 101XXXXX.

10/2/20 - Received my first email thanking me for my interest in the all-new 2021 Ford Bronco.

10/29/20 - Got confirmation of my reservation.

12/15/20 - Got my first email hinting at a "delay" in the order process.

3/25/21 - Hint that I might get a 2022 Bronco, but I get a complimentary headliner to "make it right".

8/13/21 - Hardtop issues mean no Bronco, but I'll have new colors to choose from for 2022 model. Oh yeah, I might want to switch to a 4 door soft top to speed things up.

9/21/22 - Sorry. No 2022 Bronco for you, but I can be one of the first to order a 2023.

9/29/22 - My vehicle order has been updated.

11/3/22 - My vehicle has been scheduled for production the week of 12/12.

12/13/22 - My production date has changed to 12/19.

1/9/23 - My vehicle has been built.

Today 4:47 AM - My vehicle has been shipped.

I'm sure I probably skipped a couple things in this timeline, but these were the emails I saved.

Oh yeah. After about a year of waiting, I bought a Tesla and haven't looked back. Sure, I won't be able to take my car on the beach or rock climb, but that's okay. I've had more fun with the car than I ever expected.

Maybe in a couple years, I'll revisit the Bronco when the electric version comes out.

So seeing that my vehicle was shipped today, out of curiosity I went on the Chapman Ford website and there it was. The VIN matched up.

Long story short, I hope who ever ends up with this Bronco enjoys it.

IMG_1768.jpg
IMG_1770.jpg
The fact it’s on their website doesn’t mean anything. All ordered broncos will show up on dealer’s “Ford” powered websites. If anyone calls and tries to buy it, they will tell them it’s reserved. This happened to me nearly anytime a Wildttak showed up on any dealer website. The sign one is actually one for sale, is have a non-rendered/real pic of it on their lot.

So it’s still yours id you want it. You might want to see if any of your friends want it if you don’t.

OP
OP
HaleiwaBound

HaleiwaBound

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Tesla Model 3 Long Range
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Bruh what’s there to see? You almost bought a Bronco! I’m not saying Tesla is better than Ford, but the numbers speak for themselves. I won’t be worried about check engine light coming on immediately after driving off the lot, mudflaps, light bar installation, and where to mount front license plate on the CyberTruck. Seems even in these uncertain times, you’ve made favorable decisions in the auto world. You on any Tesla forums? I need your kinda fortune, I’m trying to emmulate.
I'm on the Model 3 Reddit every once in awhile.

I agree with all your points. Honestly, I'm not 100% sold on the CyberTruck design. That tri-motor does seem interesting. Can you imagine a vehicle of that size with a 0-60 of 2.9 seconds?

AMC Ape

Badlands
First Name
Bronco L
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands, 2021 Hyundai Tucson Ultimate
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I can't disagree with you. I haven't had a single issue with Tesla, but I wish Elon would shut up.

Curious as to your take on the new EVs. I know the Ioniq is getting a lot of positive reviews. I like the Lightning, but it's more than I want to pay. You think the Bronco ADMs are crazy, out of curiosity I inquired about a local Lightning and it had a $30,000 ADM.
If Tesla doesn’t raise the price of the CyberTruck,
I'm on the Model 3 Reddit every once in awhile.

I agree with all your points. Honestly, I'm not 100% sold on the CyberTruck design. That tri-motor does seem interesting. Can you imagine a vehicle of that size with a 0-60 of 2.9 seconds?
Looking forward to it! But the 500 mile range is what I like most. Then crab walk because I use it on construction sites, very useful at times. If Elon keeps the price the same this should help kill the ADMs on other EV trucks.

OP
OP
HaleiwaBound

HaleiwaBound

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You took the everyday commuter over the Exotic off roader. We do what we have to do. You'll be fine. Just don't be afraid to live a little throughout your vehicle ownership lifetime!
"Exotic off roader?" Never heard it called that before. My vehicle ownership has included everything from a 76 Pinto (my first used car), a 92 Bronco, to a 66 Mustang Fastback that I drove about 10,000 miles a year until I sold it a couple years ago.

Sponsored

Shazamalingo

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 OBX SAS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I can't disagree with you. I haven't had a single issue with Tesla, but I wish Elon would shut up.

Curious as to your take on the new EVs. I know the Ioniq is getting a lot of positive reviews. I like the Lightning, but it's more than I want to pay. You think the Bronco ADMs are crazy, out of curiosity I inquired about a local Lightning and it had a $30,000 ADM.
Yeah, so here is my deal (which is to be taken with a grain of salt). I've driven about 150k EV miles since 2015 or so. Many Tesla drivers are first time EV drivers who have not test driven another EV (I live in the Bay Area, so this is pretty much representative of 20 people I know lol). Just about 100% of the attributes they like about Tesla are common to all EVs - e.g., peppy acceleration, no maintenance, quiet, etc... All EVs have those attributes. Tesla also constantly screws around on pricing, which is ironic since they attack the dealer model. When was the last time there were literal protests because of dealer pricing changes?

They also grossly exaggerate what their cars can do. I know about 5 or 6 people who paid $10k for "FSD" in 2017 with the promise in writing on the Tesla website that the car could drive them point to point with no interaction from them by 2019. 2019 came and they were told they actually needed to pay $5k more for what they already paid for! Some did. Guess what - their car still can't do it in 2023(!!!) and is quite a bit behind GM Super Cruise. GM! Not to mention that a few folks in 2021 put down a deposit in mid summer for a car with sensors they wanted only to have Tesla give them a car which - unbeknownst to the buyer - had the sensors removed (part constraints). Imagine paying for an option and then just having the manufacturer keep the $$ without telling you that they didn't install it. Lots of lawsuits; let's see where they go - can't beat the rich folks.

That aside, there are really nice options out there now. E.g., the Kia EV 6 is killing it in reviews. Even the Mach E goes to the top of the charts in a lot of reviews. The Lightning is great - especially since it can power your house - but the huge ADMs are not for me. The Audi's have gotten a lot better, but are short on range. I am currently in the market to replace my Bolt. If the EV6 had 2-way charging, I'd order one now. So...holding off on the Bolt trade in for a bit.

OP
OP
HaleiwaBound

HaleiwaBound

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah, so here is my deal (which is to be taken with a grain of salt). I've driven about 150k EV miles since 2015 or so. Many Tesla drivers are first time EV drivers who have not test driven another EV (I live in the Bay Area, so this is pretty much representative of 20 people I know lol). Just about 100% of the attributes they like about Tesla are common to all EVs - e.g., peppy acceleration, no maintenance, quiet, etc... All EVs have those attributes. Tesla also constantly screws around on pricing, which is ironic since they attack the dealer model. When was the last time there were literal protests because of dealer pricing changes?

They also grossly exaggerate what their cars can do. I know about 5 or 6 people who paid $10k for "FSD" in 2017 with the promise in writing on the Tesla website that the car could drive them point to point with no interaction from them by 2019. 2019 came and they were told they actually needed to pay $5k more for what they already paid for! Some did. Guess what - their car still can't do it in 2023(!!!) and is quite a bit behind GM Super Cruise. GM! Not to mention that a few folks in 2021 put down a deposit in mid summer for a car with sensors they wanted only to have Tesla give them a car which - unbeknownst to the buyer - had the sensors removed (part constraints). Imagine paying for an option and then just having the manufacturer keep the $$ without telling you that they didn't install it. Lots of lawsuits; let's see where they go - can't beat the rich folks.

That aside, there are really nice options out there now. E.g., the Kia EV 6 is killing it in reviews. Even the Mach E goes to the top of the charts in a lot of reviews. The Lightning is great - especially since it can power your house - but the huge ADMs are not for me. The Audi's have gotten a lot better, but are short on range. I am currently in the market to replace my Bolt. If the EV6 had 2-way charging, I'd order one now. So...holding off on the Bolt trade in for a bit.
I was with you until you said you had a Bolt.

I totally agree on the FSD. I would never pay for something like that until it was 100% as promised. And you're right on the Kia. Hard to believe the great products both Hyundai and Kia are putting out these days.

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
You think the Bronco ADMs are crazy, out of curiosity I inquired about a local Lightning and it had a $30,000 ADM.
My boss just passed on his Lightning. He realized that it wouldn't fit in his garage and bought a Mercedes EQS. Just got towed to the dealership for a dead 12V battery. (he's had it 3 weeks)

MSRP on his Lightning was $96k so woudn't qualify for the tax credit either. (Lariat long range)

Lightning premiums are dropping fast. We checked Bring a Trailer, and everything was selling right at MSRP. Otherwise we would have told the boss to buy the lightning and flip it.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base

I live in an urban environment where a budget EV could be a nice fit (no range anxiety). Meaning my household would get a lot of everyday use from an EV, as a main "around town" vehicle.

The reason I didn't go with an EV when buying my economy car back just before COVID era, was the price and breakeven point for EVs. I recall at that time, I would have been looking at around 30k for an EV.

Instead I went with a gasoline Kia Soul, which I got brand new for 14k, and even managed to find with a manual transmission before they dropped that option. It's been a nice economy car so far (knock on wood). To scratch back the extra 15k or so had I bought the EV, would have been a difficult proposition.

Haven't priced them lately, but if budget EVs can get down to 20k or hopefully below, I'd definitely consider an EV next time around. To my mind, that's the forte of EVs, not some of the increasingly larger heavy expensive EVs.

Shazamalingo

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 OBX SAS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I was with you until you said you had a Bolt.

I totally agree on the FSD. I would never pay for something like that until it was 100% as promised. And you're right on the Kia. Hard to believe the great products both Hyundai and Kia are putting out these days.
LOL. Fair enough. But, in the end, a fully loaded Bolt with 260mi range cost me maybe $23k. Was hard to pass up. I would not recommend a Bolt at this point.

Sponsored

Shazamalingo

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 OBX SAS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I live in an urban environment where a budget EV could be a nice fit (no range anxiety). Meaning my household would get a lot of everyday use from an EV, as a main "around town" vehicle.

The reason I didn't go with an EV when buying my economy car back just before COVID era, was the price and breakeven point for EVs. I recall at that time, I would have been looking at around 30k for an EV.

Instead I went with a gasoline Kia Soul, which I got brand new for 14k, and even managed to find with a manual transmission before they dropped that option. It's been a nice economy car so far (knock on wood). To scratch back the extra 15k or so had I bought the EV, would have been a difficult proposition.

Haven't priced them lately, but if budget EVs can get down to 20k or hopefully below, I'd definitely consider an EV next time around. To my mind, that's the forte of EVs, not some of the increasingly larger heavy expensive EVs.
Totally agree on price. If you are looking for an efficient small car, you still cannot beat a compact ICE on price point. There still isn't a new EV you can get for under $20k. A used EV could be under $20k and could be an option -- EVs last forever...

Faust

Badlands
First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado - Company Edition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I bought a Model 3 Performance last year because I was tired of waiting for the Bronco. I decided to order model 3 and see which would come first... Well, three months later, you could probably guess which one did.

I luckily have a company car - so whatever vehicle personal vehicle I buy can be my "fun" car. I've driven pretty much all mustangs before I decided on the Bronco. So, when I got tired of the wait and the itch was getting worse, I ordered the Tesla. I figured it's all the performance, comfort, and tech I'd want (I work in the tech industry - so that's natural).

Unfortunately, I also love outdoor stuff and have always missed out on doing some of the things I love due to being vehicle limited.

I found out very quickly that I had made a mistake. Why buy a vehicle that shines for commuting and light traveling? Sure, I can take the Telsa on a road trip (It did very well, might I add - no range anxiety); however, I ran into the same issues I had with my mustangs... "I don't want to drive this car down these gravel roads to get to a trailhead."

I visit the Smoky Mountains twice a year - with my performance cars, it was always a joy to travel up there and hit the Tail of the Dragon and other excellent driving roads (Tesla did great here as well!). I just found that I'm ready to move on and explore the beaten paths, not the fun paved ones.

I bought the car before the significant price increases happened. I had the car for less than two months (I put almost 4k miles on it - realize this is a secondary vehicle to me... ) and sold it. I did a 90-day payment deferment on loan (It was offered). So I didn't make a single payment; however, this was when Teslas were super backed up in production and very desirable. I made 10k on doing so.

My Bronco order was still active - and well, here I am. Would I buy another Tesla if it suited my current outlook? ABSOLUTELY. It was a fantastic car for the very short period I had it.

Ford Bronco Bittersweet Moment - Just Found The Bronco I Reserved 2 1/2 Years Ago For Sale Online Tesla

OuterJersey

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Toyota,VW, Lexus, Triumph, Honda MC
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The email says 2 door but the price and pic say 4-door? How did that happen?

MnLakeBum

Outer Banks
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 Range Rover Diesel
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I bought a Model 3 Performance last year because I was tired of waiting for the Bronco. I decided to order model 3 and see which would come first... Well, three months later, you could probably guess which one did.

I bought the car before the significant price increases happened. I had the car for less than two months (I put almost 4k miles on it - realize this is a secondary vehicle to me... ) and sold it. I did a 90-day payment deferment on loan (It was offered). So I didn't make a single payment; however, this was when Teslas were super backed up in production and very desirable. I made 10k on doing so.

My Bronco order was still active - and well, here I am. Would I buy another Tesla if it suited my current outlook? ABSOLUTELY. It was a fantastic car for the concise period I had it.

We bought our Tesla new in 2015 for my wife and have 140,000 miles on it now. She got a diesel Range Rover almost five years ago, so I took over the Model S, and it's been my daily driver since. I'd buy another one and have a reservation for a Cyber Truck that is 18 months old, so maybe in two years, I'll have it. I'm going quad motor and the 4 wheel steering along with something like 1,000 hp will be fun, lol.

My Bronco reservation was on 7/20/20 and was ordered in January 2021. I checked with CSX this morning, and it arrived at the rail yard 25 miles from my dealer at 1:05 am today. :)I should take delivery of it in another week or so. It will be a 2nd car for me, and I'm sure I'll still put more miles on my Tesla(acceleration still puts a smile on my face each time I get in it). It will be fun to have an off-road vehicle of my own to play and explore with.

It's going in for Katzkin leather and some PPF and will spend most of its time with the top down and doors off as it will go to FL for seven months with us each winter and will see very few days under 70Âș F.

I'll likely add a power soft top as soon as MyTop starts shipping them. The MIC top will be in demand if I want to sell it.

Eruption Green OBX/Sasquatch/MIC/2.7L/LUX/HD Modular.

broncomaybenever

First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford ranger
Your Bronco Model
Undecided

I don't know if it is quite the same. I ordered a Black Diamond when it came with the modular bumper. The delivered car did not have it.
Sponsored