First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan pup
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
It will soon be four years since the launch of the Bronco. It was an exciting time when the launch came on TV live. You could immediately (until the system crashed) reserve your Bronco.
Even though there was a lot of aggravation to follow, it was still an exciting time. I reserved on launch night and ordered the first day possible.
I drove my 2 door WT home on October 18 ,2021. First (and probably last) vehicle I ever custom ordered. Aside from the waiting, it was a great experience, giving me something to look forward to every day. Kind of like a kid waiting on Christmas.
Sponsored

Fly by Nite

Base
First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 F-150 Nite, 2001 Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I wasn't even considering buying a new vehicle at the time. I had heard Ford was coming out with a new Bronco, so I occasionally did a Google search that led me to Bronco 6G. I heard about the reveal date, and hit up the Ford site that evening. I thought it looked fantastic! I considered it for a few weeks, then started looking for a deal from area dealers, and not finding much. Finally just made the reservation at the local dealer about 6 weeks in.
Having gotten frustrated with my chosen dealer (no deals, no MSRP promises, etc) I transferred to Chapman for their 3% under invoice deal. I was #25 in their line, but got bumped about 300 spots by all the other forum members that flocked in for the deal.
LOTS of frustration over the next (almost) 3 years waiting to get scheduled, the 2 months waiting for it to be shipped, and the 18 days stuck at the railyard. FINALLY 1039 days after I placed my reservation, I got to drive it home. That first drive will be one I will always remember.
Edit: Pic of the drive home!
Ford Bronco REMEMBER 4 YEARS AGO? 1709737650896

Last edited:

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

It will soon be four years since the launch of the Bronco. It was an exciting time when the launch came on TV live. You could immediately (until the system crashed) reserve your Bronco.
Even though there was a lot of aggravation to follow, it was still an exciting time. I reserved on launch night and ordered the first day possible.
I drove my 2 door WT home on October 18 ,2021. First (and probably last) vehicle I ever custom ordered. Aside from the waiting, it was a great experience, giving me something to look forward to every day. Kind of like a kid waiting on Christmas.

I too was very excited that night..........

only depressing thing was waiting until March of 2023 before receiving it. A VERY long and stressful time. :cautious:

Midnight_Blue

Outer Banks
First Name
Jeremiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Seems necessary to state the obvious early: This is a thread about reserving on 7/13/20. It is not a thread about waiting until after 7/13/20 to reserve and how long it took to get delivered.

ETA: Most everyone who reserved on 7/13/20 took delivery in 2021.

Last edited:

bigdedition

Big Bend
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco, 1985 Ford Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I sat 7 hours on Ford Website refreshing my browser... never made it, so got a Ranger instead until last year finaly found my Bronco. Sold the Ranger

Sponsored

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was not a day one reservation holder, but I do remember going onto YouTube one day, and randomly the Bronco release video popped up on my feed. I wasn’t even looking for a vehicle, but as soon as I saw that video, I fell in love and placed an order right away.

I tend to get bored of vehicles after a year, however the Bronco’s been very different. Over two years of ownership and I absolutely love driving it each and every day. Love the look of it and how it performs - It’s amazing. And not only that, it’s brought some great new friendships on B6G!

Oh, and @Tricky Mike - Who’s not nearly as bad as the men’s room stall states he is.

Neps

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MX-5, Focus EV, F150, F350, Scout II (2)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Seems necessary to state the obvious early: This is a thread about reserving on 7/13/20. It is not a thread about waiting until after 7/13/20 to reserve and how long it took to get delivered.

Thanks for clearing up someone elses post, I missed the entry criteria ;)

JBrew

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mazda 3, 2021 Area 51 Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I wasn't able to make my reservation that night. I was stuck at work. The Ford website was blocked at the firewall, and I was just getting a blank screen on my phone. All night long. Finally made the reservation as soon as I got home the next morning.

Sponsored

BroncoA512021

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I picked up mine on 9/18/21. My wife said she hadn't seen me so excited since our kids were born.

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Well what fun is that?

I'm glad that most (???) 7/13 reservations were delivered in '21 because my early morning 7/14 surely was not!

Beachin 74

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco, 2015 F-150, 2022 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
It was fun until we learned about "dealer allocations".

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Well what fun is that?

I'm glad that most (???) 7/13 reservations were delivered in '21 because my early morning 7/14 surely was not!
I don't think that statement about 7/13s is very accurate at all. Remember Ford halted 21 MIC top builds in the fall to clear the FEs which they didn't finish either.

stickshifthappy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger, 65 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
One of my favorite things to do was build a Bronco. I must have done that about 50 x at least. It paid off. I got exactly what I wanted. No regrets. It was the closest thing to writing a letter to Santa in about 50 years.
Sponsored

Last edited: