Sponsored

Bittersweet Moment - Just Found The Bronco I Reserved 2 1/2 Years Ago For Sale Online

HaleiwaBound

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Tesla Model 3 Long Range
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Almost 30 months to the day, my long ago ordered Bronco finally showed up for sale today.

Quick background info. I originally signed up on this forum right around reveal date 2020. At some point I changed my order to Chapman Ford when they had the $3000 under MSRP deal. Followed along for a year or so, then kind of faded away from the forum. Decided to re0join today and post my journey.

Here's my timeline:

7/16/20 - After reveal day, it took me 3 days, but I reserved my Bronco on 7/16/20.
My reservation ID number was 101XXXXX.

10/2/20 - Received my first email thanking me for my interest in the all-new 2021 Ford Bronco.

10/29/20 - Got confirmation of my reservation.

12/15/20 - Got my first email hinting at a "delay" in the order process.

3/25/21 - Hint that I might get a 2022 Bronco, but I get a complimentary headliner to "make it right".

8/13/21 - Hardtop issues mean no Bronco, but I'll have new colors to choose from for 2022 model. Oh yeah, I might want to switch to a 4 door soft top to speed things up.

9/21/22 - Sorry. No 2022 Bronco for you, but I can be one of the first to order a 2023.

9/29/22 - My vehicle order has been updated.

11/3/22 - My vehicle has been scheduled for production the week of 12/12.

12/13/22 - My production date has changed to 12/19.

1/9/23 - My vehicle has been built.

Today 4:47 AM - My vehicle has been shipped.

I'm sure I probably skipped a couple things in this timeline, but these were the emails I saved.

Oh yeah. After about a year of waiting, I bought a Tesla and haven't looked back. Sure, I won't be able to take my car on the beach or rock climb, but that's okay. I've had more fun with the car than I ever expected.

Maybe in a couple years, I'll revisit the Bronco when the electric version comes out.

So seeing that my vehicle was shipped today, out of curiosity I went on the Chapman Ford website and there it was. The VIN matched up.

Long story short, I hope who ever ends up with this Bronco enjoys it.

Ford Bronco Bittersweet Moment - Just Found The Bronco I Reserved 2 1/2 Years Ago For Sale Online IMG_1768
Ford Bronco Bittersweet Moment - Just Found The Bronco I Reserved 2 1/2 Years Ago For Sale Online IMG_1770
Sponsored

2020FordRaptor

Wildtrak
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
How funny.

AMC Ape

Badlands
First Name
Bronco L
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands, 2021 Hyundai Tucson Ultimate
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
How much would you have paid for it? Also, if you had waited til last week, would you have saved money since Tesla dropped their prices? I’m waiting for a CyberTruck but since Im the 1 millionth reservation holder, probably wont see one until 2024/25.

AZSky

Heritage
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Heritage, Mach E, EV6
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

It is normal for custom orders to show up on the dealer's website, it is automatic.
You following your Bronco fate, you still keep feelings for it.;)
Just contact the dealer and buy it. If you don't want it, offere it here (without ADM)

cbrenthus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BadSquatch, '02 T/A
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As the prior poster said, custom orders show up on the dealer website regardless of the dealer's wishes. My salesguy told me they can't stand it because they get a ton of calls for Broncos that are already sold. Mine showed up on their website a week or 2 before delivery, and I had no issues. After I sat in it the day after it was delivered, they pulled it around back so nobody would touch it until I picked it up.

If you still want it, DO NOT LET THIS DETER YOU!!! ;) I know shady things have happened with dealers and broncos, but this isn't one of them ;)

Sponsored

KABQ

Base
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'93 4Runner, '84 Vanagon, '93 Miata, '14 LittleGuy
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

So are you going to get it or let it slide? Most big dealers automatically post customer orders to their online inventory, so all is not lost if you still want it.

Shazamalingo

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 OBX SAS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Waiting this long for a car is ridiculous - and I have been there. But I can't buy a Tesla - talk about a company that doesn't care about its customers. Their cars are decent 2nd gen EVs, but the new EVs are just better cars.

OP
OP
HaleiwaBound

HaleiwaBound

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
How much would you have paid for it? Also, if you had waited til last week, would you have saved money since Tesla dropped their prices? I’m waiting for a CyberTruck but since Im the 1 millionth reservation holder, probably wont see one until 2024/25.
The Bronco would have been somewhere around $53,000 with under MSRP deal and no ADM.

Here's the funny thing about the Tesla. I originally got the 2021 Model 3 Standard Range. Put 5,000 miles on it and sold it to CarMax for $7,000 more than I paid for it. Ordered the 2022 Long Range model and added the acceleration boost for the same price I originally paid for the SR.

The Tesla ended up being approx $1,000 more. Don't regret it one bit. I never get tired of the 0-60 time of 3.2 seconds.

I'm undecided on the CyberTruck. I need to see it some more before I get on the list.

OP
OP
HaleiwaBound

HaleiwaBound

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So are you going to get it or let it slide? Most big dealers automatically post customer orders to their online inventory, so all is not lost if you still want it.
Oh yeah. I'm aware that customer orders get posted online. I fully expected to see it. Didn't realize it would be the same day I got the shipped email.

I'm going to let it go. I'll revisit the Bronco in a couple years.

OP
OP
HaleiwaBound

HaleiwaBound

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Waiting this long for a car is ridiculous - and I have been there. But I can't buy a Tesla - talk about a company that doesn't care about its customers. Their cars are decent 2nd gen EVs, but the new EVs are just better cars.
I can't disagree with you. I haven't had a single issue with Tesla, but I wish Elon would shut up.

Curious as to your take on the new EVs. I know the Ioniq is getting a lot of positive reviews. I like the Lightning, but it's more than I want to pay. You think the Bronco ADMs are crazy, out of curiosity I inquired about a local Lightning and it had a $30,000 ADM.

Sponsored

AMC Ape

Badlands
First Name
Bronco L
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands, 2021 Hyundai Tucson Ultimate
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The Bronco would have been somewhere around $53,000 with under MSRP deal and no ADM.

Here's the funny thing about the Tesla. I originally got the 2021 Model 3 Standard Range. Put 5,000 miles on it and sold it to CarMax for $7,000 more than I paid for it. Ordered the 2022 Long Range model and added the acceleration boost for the same price I originally paid for the SR.

The Tesla ended up being approx $1,000 more. Don't regret it one bit. I never get tired of the 0-60 time of 3.2 seconds.

I'm undecided on the CyberTruck. I need to see it some more before I get on the list.
Bruh what’s there to see? You almost bought a Bronco! I’m not saying Tesla is better than Ford, but the numbers speak for themselves. I won’t be worried about check engine light coming on immediately after driving off the lot, mudflaps, light bar installation, and where to mount front license plate on the CyberTruck. Seems even in these uncertain times, you’ve made favorable decisions in the auto world. You on any Tesla forums? I need your kinda fortune, I’m trying to emmulate.

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
So how'd it wind up as Azure gray?

OP
OP
HaleiwaBound

HaleiwaBound

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As the prior poster said, custom orders show up on the dealer website regardless of the dealer's wishes. My salesguy told me they can't stand it because they get a ton of calls for Broncos that are already sold. Mine showed up on their website a week or 2 before delivery, and I had no issues. After I sat in it the day after it was delivered, they pulled it around back so nobody would touch it until I picked it up.

If you still want it, DO NOT LET THIS DETER YOU!!! ;) I know shady things have happened with dealers and broncos, but this isn't one of them ;)
Oh yeah, I know custom orders show up on website. Fully expected to see it there at some point. Nothing shady going on here. I just thought it was interesting to see my 2 1/2 year wait finally result in a real Bronco listed for sale.

regularbronco

First Edition
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Platinum
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Almost 30 months to the day, my long ago ordered Bronco finally showed up for sale today.

Quick background info. I originally signed up on this forum right around reveal date 2020. At some point I changed my order to Chapman Ford when they had the $3000 under MSRP deal. Followed along for a year or so, then kind of faded away from the forum. Decided to re0join today and post my journey.

Here's my timeline:

7/16/20 - After reveal day, it took me 3 days, but I reserved my Bronco on 7/16/20.
My reservation ID number was 101XXXXX.

10/2/20 - Received my first email thanking me for my interest in the all-new 2021 Ford Bronco.

10/29/20 - Got confirmation of my reservation.

12/15/20 - Got my first email hinting at a "delay" in the order process.

3/25/21 - Hint that I might get a 2022 Bronco, but I get a complimentary headliner to "make it right".

8/13/21 - Hardtop issues mean no Bronco, but I'll have new colors to choose from for 2022 model. Oh yeah, I might want to switch to a 4 door soft top to speed things up.

9/21/22 - Sorry. No 2022 Bronco for you, but I can be one of the first to order a 2023.

9/29/22 - My vehicle order has been updated.

11/3/22 - My vehicle has been scheduled for production the week of 12/12.

12/13/22 - My production date has changed to 12/19.

1/9/23 - My vehicle has been built.

Today 4:47 AM - My vehicle has been shipped.

I'm sure I probably skipped a couple things in this timeline, but these were the emails I saved.

Oh yeah. After about a year of waiting, I bought a Tesla and haven't looked back. Sure, I won't be able to take my car on the beach or rock climb, but that's okay. I've had more fun with the car than I ever expected.

Maybe in a couple years, I'll revisit the Bronco when the electric version comes out.

So seeing that my vehicle was shipped today, out of curiosity I went on the Chapman Ford website and there it was. The VIN matched up.

Long story short, I hope who ever ends up with this Bronco enjoys it.

Ford Bronco Bittersweet Moment - Just Found The Bronco I Reserved 2 1/2 Years Ago For Sale Online IMG_1770
You took the everyday commuter over the Exotic off roader. We do what we have to do. You'll be fine. Just don't be afraid to live a little throughout your vehicle ownership lifetime!