Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Alpine edition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I remember when I made a good bit of money setting points and all for folks... if they had never made electronic ignition and fuel injection, I could be rich. Just sayin

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not alive to remember? Confused. I bought my tucks used, and were relatively new at that time? The one in my sig was bought in 01. Not Emo, just sick of 100’s of posts about seat material, weight of a roof panel, how many inches of space are there between the rear seat and the tailgate, and how are they going to go off roading with a blocked trail cam! Oh no! This is what happens when everyone gets a trophy
I was complementing you and respect your style. You're old school and I respect that, but I also found your thread starter funny.

It's a sign of the times man. In the same token, I have a 99 Disco and when wheeling I could use some tech in it to help things out.

I have more track time and training than off road, but because my rig is old, I plow on through. Wish it had more power as well.

My 2 Dr Bronco has more than enough room for what I need and I pack well and plan so I don't complain about it's size. I wanted a shorter wheelbase, so that's what I'm getting. Damn it! :LOL:

You can't change how guys are, but there are some good things about the modern stuff, just doesn't come with the character. My Dad's old 74 Bronco was a treasure to look at, but the drive sucked; truth. However, I'd kill to have that truck back today.

Besides TOOL, my musical tastes stopped at Grunge and started in the 60's, but feel the Blues are timeless when good. So I get old school nostalgia, but just rolling with it.

Sponsored

Erock

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Alpine edition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don’t drink beer... but I can get into a good campfire with a bunch of bullshittin... lol

wvmtneer

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I remember a time when Bronco/Blazer/Wrangler enthusiasts' most important concern was about traction and tire size, real world drivetrain upgrades, pulling the top off for the nice weather, simple necessities and knowing you have a unique vehicle.

I can't remember a time when someone got out of the cab on a trail and said "Man, I would be so much better if I had more GOAT modes" or "Life would be so much better if the seat stitching wasn't orange". A time when the only options you cared about was power windows, cruise and transmission choices. (Don't worry I'm not even 40 so don't think I am talking about the 60's) People were happy to own their TRUCK, understanding it's not a direct replacement for an SUV, Wagon, Subaru, or any other unibody you're getting out of. MPG wasn't important enough to compare to a completely different style vehicle. Calling it a car would turn heads. Tire noise? Who cares? Upgrades and maintenance were done by yourself. If they didn't offer it from the factory it didn't matter because you would change it anyways. Worrying about the GVWR of the truck if you loaded it for a weekend at the beach?! Let's face it, 50% or more of these trucks will not drive on an unpaved road.

Remember when the Bronco community would get excited when news surfaced of a possible return ? Was your first thought "It better have enough rear cup holders!"

Has Ford failed this release ? I believe somewhat, but I don't think they thought there would be this much interest behind it, supplier shortage, and the economy. I think there should be more transparency to the buyer, but I feel they are doing their best. I for one enjoy seeing new photos, colors, options, videos, features, etc. But I will be honest in saying I'm sick of the revolving discussions about things out of our control or sh*t that shouldn't matter, and if it does - maybe this vehicle isn't for you? Maybe a BMW?

That being said, I have on order a 2 Door BL Sasquatch, VB, high package, 2.7 (4 Doors are soccer mom edition of the Bronco, sorry! :LOL: ) I enjoy the amenities, but if all Ford offered was a base - I would buy that too.

My rant is over, carry on!
I remember when those vehicles had more capability than a forester.

XirallicBolts

Outer Banks
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Flex EcoBoost, 2010 Milan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I remember when... there was only one type of plastic fuse used in cars.
Tried moving my dashcam to my work truck and GM uses some bs 3-legged fuse. It was bad enough my Flex uses micro fuses where the legs are part of the main body.

What is the Bronco going to use so I know which add-a-fuse kit to buy

image_search_1617929555736.jpg

Sponsored

wvmtneer

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

For real judging by the fact that OP and I drive damn near the same rig. Daily I imagine. I am totally with you. I consider my 96 XLT to be the pinnacle of luxury. It has push button 4x4, power everything and a radio. It also has a fridge between the seat, OMFG its amazing. I dont care about screens or modes or any of that nanny junk.

Do I have a couple gripes sure. Vinyl seats and washout floors should be base options like every ford fleet work truck I have been in. Also given that the BD is said to be an offroad model it should have gotten the 210 front diff and locker as a non squatch option. If either of those had been the case I would be deciding between a base squatch and a built well black diamond with steel wheels. As is I am looking up class at either Black diamond squatch or standard badlands.

The list of things I care about on this vehicle is short.
Lockers
vinyl seats
no carpet
heavy duty axles
manual trans
not huge wheels

Im not buying this year and maybe not even next year depending on my wallet. But I do remember in the beginning that ford did plan on selling some of these as fleet vehicles. Im hoping by the time I buy I can put together what I want with as little of what I dont as possible. Still gonna have to make a cover for that screen though, I cant drive like that.

Also it is most likely that I am getting the four door but it is only because I am used to my 96 Bronco. Its virtually the same size. I dont have kids. That mess would be whack, never crossed my mind. They dont know what to do with one of me. I just dont think my dogs will fit in the 2 door along with my wife and have a place to put a pizza box that the dogs cant get!
Do you have manual hubs, or have to drive in reverse to unlock?

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Do you have manual hubs, or have to drive in reverse to unlock?
When it was my brother in laws, he could never tell when the hubs were grabbing and would get stuck on our driveway, so I swapped the autos for some warn hubs. Its a bit of a pain, however I have found that if I load up the back with gear, laundry, or dogs I can make it out on just the rear LS🤙
Sponsored