First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Glad I saw this thread. Was about to order them and now I’m going to wait.

@IAG Performance … can you please post on this thread once your in-house powdercoating process is dialed-in? I will wait for them to be right.
Sponsored

ToddGreen

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2022
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

@IAG Performance … can you please post on this thread once your in-house powdercoating process is dialed-in? I will wait for them to be right.
Adding my experience with the IAG EZ steps --

I bought a set for my 4-door in early November 2022. After four months on the roads in the Pacific NW, they were starting to rust. Not nearly as badly as some of the photos earlier in this thread, but it was starting.

I contacted IAG and their customer service and support was great -- not good, but great. They agreed to send me an updated version of the steps, and for me to send back the original ones at my convenience. I had the new set within a week or so and just put them on my vehicle yesterday.

IAG said that the coating process is improved since last Fall. It does appear that there are some differences, although it's tough to tell at this stage whether they will stand the test of time. That said, IAG appears to be confident in the new versions and they have promised to make it right in the event there are future problems.

So, fingers crossed that they get it right. I am really impressed with their response and am happy to support them.

IAG Performance

Wildtrak
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.iagperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

Happy Monday! Sorry for the delay we're finally getting caught up from the weekend. While we are very confident in the improvements that have been made with our existing powdercoaters, I respect your position. We hope to be coating in house within about by Q3 (roughly +/-) and will certainly document our journey once things are set up.

Thanks for your feedback everyone. We are happy to help!

BostonSasquatch

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Lux Badlands with hardtop and Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have the full length running boards that I bought back in August or September of last year. I have had no issues with any peeling or rusting. They still look great and new. I think IAG knew of the issues though and mine were not of the 1st production and had more of the protection on them.
I notice you're in southern California. Your economy may suck, but not your climate!

Sponsored

Carl Sagan

Wildtrak
First Name
Brando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco WIldtrak HOSS 3.0
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I notice you're in southern California. Your economy may suck, but not your climate!
The salt from the ocean is a major issue for corroding metal. Still having no issues though. The climate is great though!

BostonSasquatch

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Lux Badlands with hardtop and Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The salt from the ocean is a major issue for corroding metal. Still having no issues though. The climate is great though!
Hard to believe that factors like road salt, but if you say so, okay...
I get salt on the roads, plus I just got my National Seashore beach access permit, so I get both. More than a few posters eschew carwashes with brushes (rag-like fabric in my case), but a car wash franchise I subscribe to (unlimited passes, $30/mo) includes an underwash, plus special tire scrub. I have no qualms about going through two or thee times in a row.
Keep on trucking!

Back to topic, I use Rustoleum's Truck Bed Liner on my full-length aIG steps to cover nicks and scrapes, and some rust, but won't review it until I've had it on a few months. Looks good, though.

BroncoHI

Black Diamond
First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Update: I recently picked up my steps from having them powder coated yesterday. @IAG Performance sent me the rubber insoles to replace the ones that had to come out. It took them about 3 days to get to Hawai'i. That is great customer service.

6125DD48-2EF5-4667-BC92-9E729A070475.jpeg

70934696-45CB-4F35-9CCE-98E5B9EE9E4E.jpeg

302888DE-40CD-404D-9F02-A6E13B81B145.jpeg

7DE68C4E-ACDD-4FF3-BF3C-0803E5A91CC9.jpeg

B-Dog

Black Diamond
First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi A4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I had a rust issue with my IAG step rails for my 2 door Bronco. They were on my Bronco since August. I sent pictures to Sales/Customer Support ([email protected]). I received a quick response and explanation of the previous powder coating issues. IAG sent me new steps and I returned my old steps using the return label they provided. I emailed IAG on Monday and received my new step rails on Friday. I am very satisfied with the way IAG stood by their product and replaced my rails. The customer support (I worked with Kathy) was very responsive and easy to work with to provide my replacements.

Jdc

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I had a rust issue with my IAG step rails for my 2 door Bronco. They were on my Bronco since August. I sent pictures to Sales/Customer Support ([email protected]). I received a quick response and explanation of the previous powder coating issues. IAG sent me new steps and I returned my old steps using the return label they provided. I emailed IAG on Monday and received my new step rails on Friday. I am very satisfied with the way IAG stood by their product and replaced my rails. The customer support (I worked with Kathy) was very responsive and easy to work with to provide my replacements.
I had a similar experience with IAG recently. I just received my new steps after sending them photos of my current steps. The turn around was very fast, though I haven't had a chance to get the new steps on since it's been raining. Overall it's been a great customer service experience.

Sponsored

oops

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Seeing this thread as my steps are en route. Considering having them sprayed with LineX before installing (or returning.) Has anyone had any luck covering these in bedliner? Would they need to be stripped of existing powdercoat first?

Kimberley

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I had the original version of these steps that unfortunately did not make it through the winter (I was the only passenger 99% of the time and all 4 rusted and chipped) and even created rust spots on my rock rail. Tried to bead blast them and use a bedliner but the bead blasting didn't work well so have decided to just junk them and look at other options. I did not try to reach out to IAG since I don't want another version. Looking into other options that can withstand very salty winters.

Nobroncoyet

Base
First Name
Ohh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Base
The only other steps that I've seen this kind of rust is DV8 steps that are made in China . Is this manufacturer building them in house or they import them , slap their logo on them and sell them. They send out too many steps to be something they build themselves. Most likely you guys are buying $50 product shipped from Shanghai. Real steps cost a bit more and don't rust overnight
I have offroad board built in OR on my JLU and 2 years later tgey look brand new. Not a rust spot and the powder coating is very well done

Nobroncoyet

Base
First Name
Ohh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Base
Seeing this thread as my steps are en route. Considering having them sprayed with LineX before installing (or returning.) Has anyone had any luck covering these in bedliner? Would they need to be stripped of existing powdercoat first?
To do it right you have to chemically strip them before bedliner. I'd not bother. Why would you when there are so many options. Send them back and move on imo.
Sponsored