R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19Raptor, 22Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

thanks for your comments. I eff’ed up my original question, I meant to ask if the Hoss 3.0 rack will be compatible with Icon’s tie rods. My bad. I’ve edited my post above.

I’m interested in to the Hoss 3.0 rack & rods as well as the Icon tie rods.
It is likely that the Icon rods will fit in the 3.0 rack, since the 3.0 tie rods fit in the light duty rack. I've also been watching the rack upgrades, but haven't pulled the trigger yet.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Dusty at ICON

Dusty at ICON

Base
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Base 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
Icon provided prototype fixes to a few people about 2 months ago, but I think the rest of us are still waiting to receive a stud kit to fix the problem. I hope Icon will be able to provide these fixes soon. I'm disappointed that Icon has been taking so long to fix this.

If you don't want to wait for Icon tie rods, the Ford Performance rods (or entire rack) are available now, but the Icon coilover clearance may still be a show-stopper until Icon provides the fix.
@rtaylor there is already a solution available for anyone who has our front coilovers and needs more tie rod clearance. It involves rotating the lower bar pin around 180 degrees, and installing a swaybar drop kit that moves the swaybar back enough to clear the coilover. Just email scott@iconvehicledynamics and he can get you set up. Sorry if you missed that in the discussion over in our coilover thread.

Lèòn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Following

rtaylor

Badlands
First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19Raptor, 22Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@rtaylor there is already a solution available for anyone who has our front coilovers and needs more tie rod clearance. It involves rotating the lower bar pin around 180 degrees, and installing a swaybar drop kit that moves the swaybar back enough to clear the coilover. Just email scott@iconvehicledynamics and he can get you set up. Sorry if you missed that in the discussion over in our coilover thread.
Thanks, I was following the thread, but I didn't realize I needed to request the fix again.

Aztec1382

Base
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Base
Sell these asap

Sponsored
OP
OP
Dusty at ICON

Dusty at ICON

Base
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Base 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
Thanks, I was following the thread, but I didn't realize I needed to request the fix again.
My apology for that confusion. I thought I had asked everyone who still had any outstanding issues to use Scott's contact since I'm not in customer service myself. But you're right, yours was a special case since you were on my original list, and I probably should have followed up with you. specifically. I'm sorry for that oversight.

broncorik

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What's the fix for tie rod interference? I had to to ditch my Bronc Buster braces and even the smaller JCR sleeves still contact my Icon coilovers.
Buy the HOSS 3.0 tie rod inners and outers that bolt right into your stock rack...cheaper by far:

Screenshot_20221109_061722_Outlook.jpg

Wirenut20

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST, 97 F150, 92 Mustang LX 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Buy the HOSS 3.0 tie rod inners and outers that bolt right into your stock rack...cheaper by far:

Ford Bronco ICON XD Forged Tie Rods Screenshot_20221109_061722_Outlook
Do you know if the outer tie rod end will fit through the hole in the stock spindle?

broncorik

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Do you know if the outer tie rod end will fit through the hole in the stock spindle?
Yes...and the inners have the same thread size as the OEM rack. The only thing you need to do is stretch the OEM boot over the new inners because the HOSS rack has larger diameter boots (on the rack side...so you have to reuse the OEM boots). You also need to buy 2 M16 x 1.5 jam nuts because the tie rods do not come with them. Our OEM tie rod nuts are M14.

broncorik

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes...and the inners have the same thread size as the OEM rack. The only thing you need to do is stretch the OEM boot over the new inners because the HOSS rack has larger diameter boots (on the rack side...so you have to reuse the OEM boots). You also need to buy 2 M16 x 1.5 jam nuts because the tie rods do not come with them. Our OEM tie rod nuts are M14.
You can also buy a HOSS 3.0 rack, for under 1000, WITH the new tie rod inners and outers included (cheaper than many of the fixes out there), but you need programming equipments and access to FDRS. There is also 400 core charge...so it could add up to 1350 plus buying a Mongoose adapter plus 50 for 2 day access to FDRS (and you need Forscan)...but for now I went with just the tie rods.

Sponsored

Wirenut20

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST, 97 F150, 92 Mustang LX 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

You can also buy a HOSS 3.0 rack, for under 1000, WITH the new tie rod inners and outers included (cheaper than many of the fixes out there), but you need programming equipments and access to FDRS. There is also 400 core charge...so it could add up to 1350 plus buying a Mongoose adapter plus 50 for 2 day access to FDRS (and you need Forscan)...but for now I went with just the tie rods.
Thank you for the information!

camojeeper

Wildtrak
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Show me the racks that have failed because of upgrade tie rods.
My rack has 700 on road mikes with 37’s did the broncbuster upgrade bushing and end cap. The stock one was already deformed at 700 miles. The tie rod is the weakest link. If you address this before the rack you will be sorry.
additionaly I want these upgraded parts like yesterday.

broncorik

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My rack has 700 on road mikes with 37’s did the broncbuster upgrade bushing and end cap. The stock one was already deformed at 700 miles. The tie rod is the weakest link. If you address this before the rack you will be sorry.
additionaly I want these upgraded parts like yesterday.
Your rack housing was deformed or the tie rod?

goatman2

Badlands
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
gandgautorepair.com
Vehicle(s)
F450, Jeep XJ, Porsche 911, 2dr Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
From reading all this, it appears the Hoss 3.0 tie rods are 16mm vs the stock 14mm, which is a 31% strength increase (close enough math). The new Icon tie rods are 18mm, which is a 65% increase in strength vs the stock tie rods, and a 26% increase over the Hoss 3.0 tie rods. Strength increase is based on cross section area. For a bit less $$ it seems an easy decision to wait for the Icon tie rods, though the Hoss 3.0 parts are a decent upgrade, and are available now.

camojeeper

Wildtrak
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Your rack housing was deformed or the tie rod?
Sorry I should have been clearer the end cap of the rack was showing signs of wear. Attached are a few pics of mine. Inside the end cap of the rack there is only a seal. No real support In my opinion. The tie rod operating angles on a lifted Sas will transmit a bunch of force into the rack. If you beef up tie tie rods and do not address the rack you will be sorry. That said I’m impatiently waiting to buy these tie rods

72877F33-50D9-4929-B85F-BE6C9C68A893.jpeg

2A9EEF9B-AD22-4FDA-8271-C08FC05F8AE1.jpeg

A00FBABA-7491-42BB-9F4C-C51B325A470E.jpeg

54C4A242-16CD-495E-81CE-787965C68B45.jpeg
Sponsored