First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badsquatch, Explorer ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
also the clamps are junk, thin and weak. not using them as any water or mud entry is disaster for my fancy WT3 rack.
I had the same thoughts on the clamps. Had to use them as I was headed to the trail the next day though. I am actually worried about the sharp edge of the outer clamp wearing a hole in the side of the boot over time. What type of clamp did you end up going with?
Sponsored

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I had the same thoughts on the clamps. Had to use them as I was headed to the trail the next day though. I am actually worried about the sharp edge of the outer clamp wearing a hole in the side of the boot over time. What type of clamp did you end up going with?
FWIW, I just used zip ties. Easily replaceable on the trail and unlikely to tear the boot.

KompressorV12

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Anyone find a suitable clamp replacement other than zip ties? I'd hate to shell out $350+ and have to source parts myself to make this thing better than stock.

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Anyone find a suitable clamp replacement other than zip ties? I'd hate to shell out $350+ and have to source parts myself to make this thing better than stock.
What's wrong with zip ties? They are a tried and true solution for tie rod boots in many forms of racing.

Did you find a suitable replacement for the string you use to lace and tie your shoes? Velcro had its moment in the sun during the 1980's.

I digress. Please know I'm laughing my ass off at the keyboard anger of you having to "source" a zip tie all on your own. Better yet, go source the correct clamp pliers to install the provided boot clamps..... Then complain that you had to buy a specialty tool you'll never use again.

Ford Bronco ICON XD Forged Tie Rods tenor (8)

Life is hardering.

KompressorV12

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What's wrong with zip ties? They are a tried and true solution for tie rod boots in many forms of racing.

Did you find a suitable replacement for the string you use to lace and tie your shoes? Velcro had its moment in the sun during the 1980's.

I digress. Please know I'm laughing my ass off at the keyboard anger of you having to "source" a zip tie all on your own. Better yet, go source the correct clamp pliers to install the provided boot clamps..... Then complain that you had to buy a specialty tool you'll never use again.

Ford Bronco ICON XD Forged Tie Rods tenor (8)

Life is hardering.
Woah that was a pretty big rant. I’m not an expert on zip tie vs metal clamp, I just figured since I’ve only seen OEM or 3rd parties only use clamps I should stick with a clamp.

Sponsored

Inlinejohn

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

LOL!!!

Bird Dog Off Road

Badlands
First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands w/Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Gonna ask a stupid question here, but what specific grease are you all using to on your ends? Not what type, but what brand (link would be nice).

Also, how much grease are you pushing in when adding?

ICUGAZN

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs