Sponsored

If the SAS/LUX/MIC is going to push a lot of us into 2024 with no PP - what are you going to do?

Maximus3311

Badlands
First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021...Nope. 2022...still no. 2023? Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just looking to see what other people are thinking.

I've got all the sins - BadSquatch MIC 2.7 TOW LUX Leather. I haven't been waiting as long as a lot of people here - but in 3 weeks it'll be 2 years since I made my reservation/placed my order (funny thing - my buddy in Phoenix ordered the exact same thing about 2 weeks after I did and he's had his Bronco since last summer. Ain't that some shit).

I'm not willing to bend on what I ordered 2 years ago (why spend north of $60k and not get what I want?) Needless to say I'm pretty pissed. I'd be willing to drop the LUX - but the Sas and MIC (especially living in Denver and spending a lot of time in the winter in the Rockies) - non negotiable.

I live in Colorado and while I need something offroad capable I'm not going to be doing crazy rock crawling - but I do need something with bash plates because I am going to be going over a lot of rocks up in the mountains. I also do a lot of overlanding/dispersed camping.

Had a really bad experience with a Jeep so I think those are probably out.

Right now I'm starting to think about a Toyota TRD Pro. Dealership near me with no ADM and about a 2-4 month wait to get what I want (I know Toyota dealers aren't placing special orders - but it looks like the vehicles are pretty standard with just bolt on stuff you can get from the parts dept. like roof racks and hoop steps and all that).

With the specifications I think I'd want it comes in about $3,000 less than my Bronco (even including my price protection and *possible* x plan - dealer manager told me I'd been so patient he'd honor that).

My family has had Toyotas and my sense is that they're pretty reliable/well built and I'm guessing the TRD Pro will get me where I need to go (especially if I add larger wheels/tires for better clearance). So - for anyone who knows a lot more about this stuff than I do (which is probably most of you) - what do you think about the TRD Pro?

And aside from that - if this is the straw that broke the cam's back for you - what is your "backup" vehicle plan?

Thanks for any/all thoughts. And for whatever it's worth to all of you - I appreciate you all so much. I feel like we've all been on quite the journey together.
Sponsored

JeffL

Base
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Hellcat Redeye / 2023 Base SAS
Your Bronco Model
Base
i'm already well over a year without any of those things

Rjacks258

Wildtrak
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco, 2019 Ford F250, 2009 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Why don’t you search and see what you can find that matches your build that’s out there already?

Sponsored

mini4mw

Badlands
First Name
W
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
i keep looking at 392 as well.. Keep thinking about calling them up and see what the pricing would be like and wait.. Its a chunk more $$$, but it would be fun in hand. I also wouldn't be sitting around like sorry piece of crap waiting for someone to give me the time of day..

dealer sucks, never any info, never calls or emails back,.. have to go in to get an answer
Ford customer service is nice, but they never know anything either about build date (expect them not to) or about confirming options on the order (color, SAS, etc.. I don't trust dealer or Ford, even with a DORA)

OP
OP
Maximus3311

Maximus3311

Badlands
First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021...Nope. 2022...still no. 2023? Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Already looking at Rubicon 392s. There are a few locally. Not going to be one of those hopeless idiots waiting a year or two for my fucking order.
That’s where I’m at. I’ve been sitting patiently for 2 years but that is rapidly coming to an end.

Possibly wait *another* year and lose pay protection? No thanks. They treat me like this I think the chances of me *ever* buying a Ford again are about as good as good as my chance to win a Powerball jackpot.

For the people recommending I buy one off a lot - I ordered a fully upgraded Badlands and out of principle I’m only paying my pay protected/x-plan price. Paying thousands more for something I was told repeatedly to wait for? Yeah F that. Ford already cost me $ with interest rates going up - and I was ok with that because I was told I would get it this year and was pay protected.

Ford can only play Lucy with the football so many times before I lose my patience. I want my Bronco but damn - I’m not going to just pay a ton for something missing features or overpay.

Strykerwsu

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Holden Commodores
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Ford is most likely doing many of us a favor. The new and used market is swinging back to reality. With money crunch coming for many unfortunately, you will be able to find many slightly used Broncos likely meeting what you are looking for well below price protected MSRP in the nex few months.

The recent large Tesla price reduction which also gets them into the tax credit will push down values across models a lot sooner than I had thought.

Sponsored

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just looking to see what other people are thinking.

Right now I'm starting to think about a Toyota TRD Pro. Dealership near me with no ADM and about a 2-4 month wait to get what I want (I know Toyota dealers aren't placing special orders - but it looks like the vehicles are pretty standard with just bolt on stuff you can get from the parts dept. like roof racks and hoop steps and all that).

With the specifications I think I'd want it comes in about $3,000 less than my Bronco (even including my price protection and *possible* x plan - dealer manager told me I'd been so patient he'd honor that).

My family has had Toyotas and my sense is that they're pretty reliable/well built and I'm guessing the TRD Pro will get me where I need to go (especially if I add larger wheels/tires for better clearance). So - for anyone who knows a lot more about this stuff than I do (which is probably most of you) - what do you think about the TRD Pro?

And aside from that - if this is the straw that broke the cam's back for you - what is your "backup" vehicle plan?
TRD Pro what? Wife has the Tacoma TRD Pro. It's nice but in my opinion grossly underpowered. They claim to have reprogrammed the shifting for the newer models but if so, hate to see how bad it used to be.

I've got a 2dr Bad Man Squash ordered. After 2 years, was finally nearing the top of the dealer's list. Not dropping anything. If they can't build, I'm out and done with Ford. Not rewarding their bad management like a lot of others do buying different models, dropping items, paying admin. What pisses me off is that a lot of the big dealers have similar vehicles on their lots without the Special Order window stickers. Same with filling similar spring 2023 orders. That is complete BS. Tire shortage so we make more models that use the tires we don't have enough of. There are no words. Complete continuing shit show.

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Depends how bad you want it.

I had a day 1 reservation. The 2021s went through similar crazy delays. When my 2021 kept getting delayed I extended my lease. That didn’t bridge me so I had to go from being a 2 car family to a 1 car family. We were left with my wife commuter sedan. That was only supposed to be for a month, but more delays again… it got too long so I bought my wife a full size SUV to rearrange the stable so when the bronco arrived it would be the weekender vehicle instead and I sold the commuter sedan when the Bronco arrived. My neighbors thought I was nuts because I kept shuffling cars in and out of the driveway. Bought/sold 4 vehicles during like a 4 month window towards the end of a 16 month wait. It was a pretty pricey and time consuming situation but I didn’t want anything but the bronco.

that said…i was one of the first in line. There were no used broncos to purchase then obviously. If I were in the same spot now I’d probably just buy a used bronco (only if I found close to the exact build I wanted) otherwise I’d wait.

FYI for you guys - I WOULD TRY TO LOCK UP USED DEALS IN WRITING ASAP BEFORE THIS NEWS BECOMES COMMON KNOWLEDGE

Last edited:

negativezero

Big Bend
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Realistically, if this whole thing is legit, I would be scouring the state looking for something that's X% close to my original order, at less than $Y,000 over MSRP. Decide exactly what X and Y are, then beat a path across the state looking. And make browser bookmarks to speed up the process of regular checking as inventory come in and out.

Because when this info about Sasq/Lux/MIC makes it mainstream, I expect the remaining demand of normies who aren't on B6G are willing to deflate their X's and overinflate their Y's to make sure they get something close. That could easily dry up the pittance of bronc's that are already on lots now.

Buford

Wildtrak
First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Received the email today myself. I refuse to buy something that isn't fully what I want. PERIOD!
F- FORD! They have really screwed the pooch on this one.

Any thing we can do legally?

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Taco won't fit in my garage. Or, it will barely fit, but you would have to leave the garage door open, walk all around the vehicle and then close the door, because it fits with about 2-3" to spare. Plus the seats are supper uncomfortable.

Absolutely nothing on the LUX package appeals to me. Too much "nanny monitors" on the Base as far as I'm concerned. Can't imaging paying more for that on purpose. Dropping that would be easy for me.

In 30+ years of driving I have towed a lot of trailers. Not a single one needed a 7-pin connector. Dropping Tow and adding the 4-ping later would put you way ahead.

Even going down in trim to a Black Diamond (keeping SAS and MIC) would give you a far more capable rig than a Taco TRD.
Sponsored