Sponsored

If you have a winch with a hawse fairlead and a front camera AND you need to run a front license plate...

broncorik

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hey folks! I finally found the ideal solution for those of us who need to run a front plate with a winch and aftermarket setup with a front camera...

Sponsored

Tricky Mike

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's OK. I've seen some DIY solutions that are much cleaner though.

OP
OP
broncorik

broncorik

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Can you share/link to them? I am always happy to learn about cleaner solutions...I have limited access to machine shop equipment, so I (any many others) have to rely on what we can get (like the personnel at some of the companies doing one off custom work based on my specific application). I like the M2M and the Stonsho setups because the companies are reachable, fast, and their stuff just works. If there are cleaner solutions out there, my hope is that those responsible for them mass-produce them and make them available to all of us at a fair price so we have loads of options.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Lol.. i just took the free factory front license plate holder (that my dealer does NOT screw into brand new Bronco grills), flip it upside down and it fit perfect on my bumper.

Barely visible in the Front cam

Ford Bronco If you have a winch with a hawse fairlead and a front camera AND you need to run a front license plate... 20231012_053732

OP
OP
broncorik

broncorik

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Lol.. i just took the free factory front license plate holder (that my dealer does NOT screw into brand new Bronco grills), flip it upside down and it fit perfect on my bumper.

Barely visible in the Front cam

Ford Bronco If you have a winch with a hawse fairlead and a front camera AND you need to run a front license plate... 20231012_053732
Innovative! My dealer drilled into my Bronco so I had to patch the holes...sigh...and in anger I threw that plastic bracket away.

Sponsored

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Innovative! My dealer drilled into my Bronco so I had to patch the holes...sigh...and in anger I threw that plastic bracket away.

Yeah my dealer was one from this board and they knew better than a screw up our Broncos :)

Ironically I was cleaning out my workbench, saw this bracket and was about to throw it away when I thought..I wonder... Sure enough, worked perfect.

Broncotrax

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 Bronco, '17 Superduity, '22 Badsquatch, CR 250R
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Don't over think it. Just loosten the fairlead bolts enough to slide the upper edge of your license plate between the bumper and fairlesd, then tighten the fairlead bolts down to pinch the plate. When out doing serious wheeling , reverse the procedure to remove the plate.
see picture,
Ford Bronco If you have a winch with a hawse fairlead and a front camera AND you need to run a front license plate... Bronco wra

toymaster

Badlands
First Name
Leonardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford Bronco If you have a winch with a hawse fairlead and a front camera AND you need to run a front license plate... 20230714_130440

Ford Bronco If you have a winch with a hawse fairlead and a front camera AND you need to run a front license plate... crop 2

OP
OP
broncorik

broncorik

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Don't over think it. Just loosten the fairlead bolts enough to slide the upper edge of your license plate between the bumper and fairlesd, then tighten the fairlead bolts down to pinch the plate. When out doing serious wheeling , reverse the procedure to remove the plate.
see picture,
Ford Bronco If you have a winch with a hawse fairlead and a front camera AND you need to run a front license plate... crop 2
That works! With my bumper hanging the plate below the fair lead would restrict airflow to my intercooler, so I was stoked that the setup I found puts My plate directly centered over the fairlead So it isn't blocking radiator air flow or intercooler airflow.

Sponsored
OP
OP
broncorik

broncorik

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The ARB Summit the license plate just flips up to expose the winch.
Ford Bronco If you have a winch with a hawse fairlead and a front camera AND you need to run a front license plate... PXL_20230908_222323263
I initially had the Cascadia 4x4 Flipster, which also flipped up to expose the winch. With my camera relocation right above the plate, it limited the plate movement to just below horizontal when flipping it up...so the limitation was that if I had to winch from any position that resulted in the line being much higher than horizontal it would have thrashed the plate/bracket/line. Rather than risk that damage or having to unbolt the bracket and plate every time I needed to winch I went with the removable plate for convenience. Folks who don't need to relocate the camera can use a flip-up plate bracket with no risk of damage.

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I initially had the Cascadia 4x4 Flipster, which also flipped up to expose the winch. With my camera relocation right above the plate, it limited the plate movement to just below horizontal when flipping it up...so the limitation was that if I had to winch from any position that resulted in the line being much higher than horizontal it would have thrashed the plate/bracket/line. Rather than risk that damage or having to unbolt the bracket and plate every time I needed to winch I went with the removable plate for convenience. Folks who don't need to relocate the camera can use a flip-up plate bracket with no risk of damage.
With the ARB it does relocate the camera but it is out of danger from the flip up plate. Same with the ACC module.

OP
OP
broncorik

broncorik

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
With the ARB it does relocate the camera but it is out of danger from the flip up plate. Same with the ACC module.
Is it an all-in-one kit for camera and plate?

OP
OP
broncorik

broncorik

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Everything comes with the bumper. Camera relocate and plate kit.
Got it...if they don't sell that setup to folks without that bumper, the M2M/Stonsho is a solid alternative.
Sponsored