Sponsored

I'm all in. - Selling my daily driver without a Bronco plan.

mds5917

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Badlands, '21 Toyota RAV4 Prime
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I put in a drunk lowball bid on a Z3 once and accidentally won it.

I really enjoyed it for that summer, but everything they said about it being underpowered is true.

;)
Yep - unless you get a Z3M...but this is our "sunday morning go the winery/scenic whatever date car, so that doesn't bother me. Engine probably sounds better than the Bronco will, and they are probably about the same acceleration, but now we will be able to take the entire family (have 2 60lb dogs) and have a top down/off day anywhere we want. I"m too cautious for that motorcycle daredevil stuff - hell - I gave up my airplane in '94 cause I couldn't give it the time for the precision it required if I wanted to do anything more than sight-seeing on clear blue days...
Sponsored

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I did the same thing, my motorcycle was my vehicle (had other vehicles in the household to "borrow"). Worked out for me, made an extra $5k on my F150, saved a month of lease payment and insurance and the Bronco came July 5th, but I had a similar pucker factor for sure!

JenB

Badlands
First Name
Jen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Jeep LJ, 2021 4DR Badlands, 2023 DR Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Selling my daily to carvana today for much more than I expected—-down to driving my LJ which is fine for around town and logging roads but a bit loud for road trips. I feel your pain!

mds5917

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Trying to figure out if this is an ad to bid on the rig or him just wanting to show that he’s got serious dough. Either way, I feel bad for whoever spends time suffering on this thread if they are not completely all in. Self inflicted torture lol
You obviously don't know @ZackDanger or his vast contributions to the knowledge on this forum - he's only highlighting the 'leap of faith' he has taken, but if he were advertising it here, I'd give him that latitude any day...

OP
OP
ZackDanger

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Oh!

And for those of you who have correctly pointed out I've got the motorcycle to ride in the mean time...

Thank you for reminding me I should probably get to work putting it back together:

Ford Bronco I'm all in. - Selling my daily driver without a Bronco plan. IMG_2987.JPG

Oh god I'm so screwed.

Sponsored

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Good luck on the sale Zack. I'm not a gambler, and could never put mine up with no reserve. Here's hoping you do well.

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
Good luck my man! I’m hopeful since I switched to a soft top that I’ll get a vin soon, as soon as I get it I’m selling my jeep. Want to get the loan off my credit and pay off a last credit card to get the best APR with my Bronco loan.

ilbastarge

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla X
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Whelp. That's it. I'm committed.

I put my daily driver Jeep overlander up for auction with "No Reserve" and now I'm freaking out.

What if I'm without a car for another 12 months until my Bronco comes in and then I can't afford it because my Jeep sold for $5.00?

What if one of you who needs a car gets a great deal on the perfect hold-over vehicle until your own Bronco comes in?

WHAT HAVE I DONE?!

https://carsandbids.com/auctions/rMYY1qOZ/2014-jeep-wrangler-unlimited-sahara-4x4

Ford Bronco I'm all in. - Selling my daily driver without a Bronco plan. IMG_2987.JPG

Send me your good vibes.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'll be over here hyperventilating....
Nice plate. How did you get that one?

Razorback

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I did more than send you good vibes....I just took you up to $200 man!!! Hope I don't win though. 🤣

OP
OP
ZackDanger

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nice plate. How did you get that one?
It's the MA "Low Number Plate Lottery"

Every year there's always some weird low number plates that come up for assignment... instead of just selling them off to the very wealthy, or as presents the governor can hand out to their friends (both things other states do), in MA you just put your name in the hat.

They then pull winners and just assign you one of the new plates. It's totally luck whether you get pulled, and totally luck what number you get.

https://www.mass.gov/2021-low-plate-lottery

Sponsored

Bronc-OH

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep XK, Jeep WJ
Your Bronco Model
Base
Whelp. That's it. I'm committed.

I put my daily driver Jeep overlander up for auction with "No Reserve" and now I'm freaking out.

What if I'm without a car for another 12 months until my Bronco comes in and then I can't afford it because my Jeep sold for $5.00?

What if one of you who needs a car gets a great deal on the perfect hold-over vehicle until your own Bronco comes in?

WHAT HAVE I DONE?!

https://carsandbids.com/auctions/rMYY1qOZ/2014-jeep-wrangler-unlimited-sahara-4x4

Send me your good vibes.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'll be over here hyperventilating....
Off to a killer start
Ford Bronco I'm all in. - Selling my daily driver without a Bronco plan. 1628711660310

Blksn955.o

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Ford Escape Ti, 94 Ford Mustang GT, 21 BL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Good luck.

We ended up donating our 09 fusion to a local children's hospital to auction off. raised some money for kiddos in the hospital.

I was going to replace the engine and drive it until the bronco came. Covid hit and the wife and I went remote work. Started to make less sense to put an engine in so it sat. I went back into the office In July but am now on a rotation. So I drove the mustang for a little over a month...

I just hope I get the Bronco before the first snowfall. Built 7/22 MIC Misfits.

mds5917

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Oh!

And for those of you who have correctly pointed out I've got the motorcycle to ride in the mean time...

Thank you for reminding me I should probably get to work putting it back together:

IMG_2987.JPG

Oh god I'm so screwed.
Gotta love a guy who repairs cars and motorcycles on fine Persian rugs! 😂 And, yeah, maybe didn't think this one through quite enough...perhaps time to spend less time on B6G and more on your (current) unicycle...

ProSim

First Name
Pro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

You've always been a good man on the forums Mr Danger. Hope that karma pays off on your auction. Cheers to a high final sale price!

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I almost did that with my challenger. Even at 46K, I can’t fathom unloading it with no vehicle to tide me over until a Bronco is built sometime in the next 6 years.
Sponsored