Sponsored

I'm all in. - Selling my daily driver without a Bronco plan.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Whelp. That's it. I'm committed.

I put my daily driver Jeep overlander up for auction with "No Reserve" and now I'm freaking out.

What if I'm without a car for another 12 months until my Bronco comes in and then I can't afford it because my Jeep sold for $5.00?

What if one of you who needs a car gets a great deal on the perfect hold-over vehicle until your own Bronco comes in?

WHAT HAVE I DONE?!

https://carsandbids.com/auctions/rMYY1qOZ/2014-jeep-wrangler-unlimited-sahara-4x4

Ford Bronco I'm all in. - Selling my daily driver without a Bronco plan. 1628707287673

Send me your good vibes.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'll be over here hyperventilating....

::UPDATE::

The auction landed me with $3k more than Carvana was going to cut me a check for.

I decided to take that money and use it as a budget for a vehicle I can drive around while I wait for the Bronco...

...and I'm actually excited about this thing enough that I think it may hold me over until MY23 Mod tops...

....and the Mrs like's it enough she's already hinted that maybe we should consider keeping it even after the Bronco arrives.

Ford Bronco I'm all in. - Selling my daily driver without a Bronco plan. 1629733364369
Sponsored

Last edited:

mds5917

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Badlands, '21 Toyota RAV4 Prime
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Let me know if it is about to end at $5 - I'll bid $10 to help you out. Could always use a reasonably priced cool vehicle! 😜

That said, I did just list my Z3 for sale. Put it up at a price I want, and since I love it, I can tell people to take a hike when they want to offer less. Of course I did get that obligatory "Love your vehicle and will buy sight unseen for your price - so I'll send you a check for extra so..." BS email...

CO-Bronco

Badlands
First Name
CO-Bronco
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 - 4dr - Cyber Orange - Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I put my daily driver Jeep overlander up for auction with "No Reserve" and now I'm freaking out.

What if I'm without a car for another 12 months until my Bronco comes in and then I can't afford it because my Jeep sold for $5.00?

What if one of you who needs a car gets a great deal on the perfect hold-over vehicle until your own Bronco comes in?

WHAT HAVE I DONE?!

https://carsandbids.com/auctions/rMYY1qOZ/2014-jeep-wrangler-unlimited-sahara-4x4

Ford Bronco I'm all in. - Selling my daily driver without a Bronco plan. 1629733364369

Send me your good vibes.

Sending you my good vibes.

Our household has been down to one vehicle ever since my dealer told me "Your Broncos built and awaiting shipment".

That was a good 28+ days ago (I live <100mi away from MAP).

Also since then, it's be announced we are returning to work in the office on August 16th.

Look like I'm taking public transit.....

But let's be honest @ZackDanger , you're basically at "influencer" status in the Bronco world (or at least around here). You should be Golden.

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was in the midst of creating an account and placing the first bid but decided against it so you don't get falsely accused of trying to run up the price.

I think you probably should have waited until you got yourself a VIN. You might be in for some cold Mass. nights riding that bike to and fro.

Moya7

Base
First Name
Maureen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 BMW M240i, 2015 BMW 435i
Your Bronco Model
Base

WHAT HAVE I DONE?!

Send me your good vibes.

Cancel the auction, one and done.

Sponsored

evilletruck

Black Diamond
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 F350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It's a shame there aren't very many pictures there to get a good look at it :D

amccue90

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sold my car in October, then used car market went crazy, been using the wife's CRV ever since. I've managed

Tricky Nick

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 2dr JK, manual, AEV lifted, 35’s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

WHAT HAVE I DONE?!

Send me your good vibes.

Ford Bronco I'm all in. - Selling my daily driver without a Bronco plan. I's buy that for $1

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I sold my LJ on June 14, because my build week was approaching, June 21. Build date moved twice to July 23, probably built but now I'm in purgatory. It's been a long summer, good luck.

OP
OP
ZackDanger

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Let me know if it is about to end at $5 - I'll bid $10 to help you out. Could always use a reasonably priced cool vehicle! 😜

That said, I did just list my Z3 for sale. Put it up at a price I want, and since I love it, I can tell people to take a hike when they want to offer less. Of course I did get that obligatory "Love your vehicle and will buy sight unseen for your price - so I'll send you a check for extra so..." BS email...
I put in a drunk lowball bid on a Z3 once and accidentally won it.

I really enjoyed it for that summer, but everything they said about it being underpowered is true.

;)

Sponsored

goalie

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep JK
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The no reserve part is scary. I listed my JK for sale on cargurus, not too interested in haggling for price since I have months... a year... a few years... before my bronco shows up, so no rush.

FourHorses

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Currently own 6 Fords
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Sold my daily in May.... I feel what you are feeling.

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition

WHAT HAVE I DONE?!

Ford Bronco I'm all in. - Selling my daily driver without a Bronco plan. I's buy that for $1

Send me your good vibes.

Hey thats Jay Leno’s kids site.

OP
OP
ZackDanger

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The no reserve part is scary. I listed my JK for sale on cargurus, not too interested in haggling for price since I have months... a year... a few years... before my bronco shows up, so no rush.
You're telling me.

The data clearly shows that "no reserve" auctions consistently get more because it creates buzz early on and then people put in low bids they know could technically win it, then they get emotionally involved, imaging themselves with it, and end up paying more than they would have...

Obviously they can't guarantee, but Cars&Bids was pretty certain that between their user base and the amount of Jeeps they successfully sell, mine would earn whatever it's worth (market value) even with no reserve... there's no such thing as an auction that "sneaks by" on their site.

Based on that I figured I might as well put it up for auction to maybe get more... and have it go to someone who may appreciate it, rather than just taking the check from one of the online outfits.

But man, this is nerve wracking, and I'm sure it will stay that way until the last hour or so.

FlyingBronco

Badlands
First Name
The Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Trying to figure out if this is an ad to bid on the rig or him just wanting to show that he’s got serious dough. Either way, I feel bad for whoever spends time suffering on this thread if they are not completely all in. Self inflicted torture lol
Sponsored