Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I agree with @Coldsmoke. My stress levels went way down when I finally just made up my mind. And now any time I second-guess my build, I just pretend I already bought it and it's a done deal.😁

And now that you found the forum, maybe you don't have to annoy the wife so much. There's a lot of us completely obsessed with getting a Bronco and spend a lot of time here because our families are sick of hearing constant Bronco talk.🤪
Sponsored

OP
OP
ajlangley79

ajlangley79

Badlands
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Mustang GT, 21 Audi S5, 20 Hyundia Palisade
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I had (still have) similar issues on my OBX, 2.7 auto, A51, no SAS, roast/onyx leather order. My thoughts....

Color: I wanted a non-metallic color which cuts it down a bit. I liked A51 best as the cactus gray looks too much like dirty white. Pictures showed A51 as very light blue, but I saw a Bronco Sport in A51 at a dealer yesterday. Not nearly as blue in person. Took some pictures and it looked light blue. Go figure. Sticking with A51.

Trim: I started out at BD then went to OBX for a couple reasons. The BD standard marine grade vinyl was fine but I couldn’t get it in roast/black onyx colors. OBX for that. BD comes standard with a 4.27 rear end and OBX has a 3.73 rear end. I’m not getting sasquatch so I didn’t want the lower geared rear end with the smaller tires. I drive mostly on the road and I don’t think there is any other compensation for the different rear ends other than tire size.

Manual vs Auto vs 2.3 vs 2.7: My original BD build had a manual. Bronco is for fun and will almost never be driven in an urban area. That was before I found out the you couldn’t get the 2.7 with a manual so 2.3 or 2.7? My answer: torque. My other vehicle is a Cayenne diesel that has 406 pound feet of torque. And it is a beast to drive. Step on it on a mountain pass and it just pulls away. The 2.7 is tuned more for torque (148 pf/liter; 114 hp/liter) and the 2.3 is tuned more for horsepower (135 pf/liter; 117 hp/liter). I’ll take that extra helping of torque. I don’t think the mpg will be that much different (and I do like mpg; I get 31 mpg with diesel Cayenne when driving 80 mph).

I hope this helps. My remaining angst is about the OBX wheels. Really don’t like them compared to most other trim wheels. I might just paint the shiny bits black and see if that is better.
This was a great help. And I'm noticing I can go under 50k with a good OBX build. I'm going to play with this and see what the perks are if I go from BD to OB.

OP
OP
ajlangley79

ajlangley79

Badlands
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

MN_OuterBanks

Outer Banks
First Name
AW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150 SuperCrew
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Cyber O isn't coming back? That automatically makes the 21 CO Bronco rare... and it would be a great Chicago Bear color match... and the leather stitches and accent colors automatically match!.... LOL... I'm loving the fact that I'm so back and forth now! :love::ROFLMAO:
Just rumors, but that’s the word on the street.

Mrpenn46

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands - Cactus Gray
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm sure this isn't going to help you decide, but I passed on SAS because IF I need to go bigger than 33's, I'll get an aftermarket suspension with lift and probably end up with better suspension for my application whatever that ends up being. I agree with you on the Wildtrack interior. I probably would have gone WT if it had a all black option.

My build is a Badlands, CG, Lux (wanted adaptive cruise for DD), Leather (power seats), MIC top, and the option wheels.

Last edited:

Sponsored
OP
OP
ajlangley79

ajlangley79

Badlands
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I agree with @Coldsmoke. My stress levels went way down when I finally just made up my mind. And now any time I second-guess my build, I just pretend I already bought it and it's a done deal.😁

And now that you found the forum, maybe you don't have to annoy the wife so much. There's a lot of us completely obsessed with getting a Bronco and spend a lot of time here because our families are sick of hearing constant Bronco talk.🤪
She and I are very greatful for this site! And Coldsmoke is right but I'm just having fun with the experience. Ford spread the choices so much they wanted us to pull our hair out for a little. lol

OP
OP
ajlangley79

ajlangley79

Badlands
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm sure this isn't going to help you decide, but I passed on SAS because IF I need to go bigger than 33's, I'll get an AF suspension with lift and probably end up with better suspension for my application whatever that ends up being. I agree with you on the Wildtrack interior. I probably would have gone WT if it had a all black option.

My build is a Badlands, CG, Lux (wanted adaptive cruise for DD), Leather (power seats), MIC top, and the option wheels.
This helped because I am satisfied with the size of the 33's. Interested in what transmission you chose.

Mrpenn46

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands - Cactus Gray
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This helped because I am satisfied with the size of the 33's. Interested in what transmission you chose.
I choose the automatic and 2.7L because I drive 50 miles one way to work, which is also why I wanted the adaptive cruise. The 2.3L might be enough but I like a little extra for passing and stuff.

Sarconus

Badlands
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you want 4.7 gearing and 33s, you can get a manual transmission Badlands. That comes standard with the 4.7, the automatic does not.
Can't do manual. Wife can't drive manual so that was the only stipulation.

Last edited:

Bronco2021RV

Base
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura rdx
Your Bronco Model
Base
Am I the only one that ordered exactly what they reserved and built on the Ford site? I have not made one change since ordering. While I understand buying something you’ve never seen is difficult, I chose what I wanted and just stuck. Just holding out hope I see it this summer.
OBX, 4–Door, Cyber Orange, MIC Top, Roast/Black Leather, 2.7L, Lux, Roof Rails, Towing. Not thoroughly convinced of the color but I’m sticking.
You are one of very few decisive people. Be proud!

Sponsored

Erock

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Alpine edition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Seems like it’s time for an intervention... put the B&P down and calmly walk away

OP
OP
ajlangley79

ajlangley79

Badlands
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I had (still have) similar issues on my OBX, 2.7 auto, A51, no SAS, roast/onyx leather order. My thoughts....

Color: I wanted a non-metallic color which cuts it down a bit. I liked A51 best as the cactus gray looks too much like dirty white. Pictures showed A51 as very light blue, but I saw a Bronco Sport in A51 at a dealer yesterday. Not nearly as blue in person. Took some pictures and it looked light blue. Go figure. Sticking with A51.

Trim: I started out at BD then went to OBX for a couple reasons. The BD standard marine grade vinyl was fine but I couldn’t get it in roast/black onyx colors. OBX for that. BD comes standard with a 4.27 rear end and OBX has a 3.73 rear end. I’m not getting sasquatch so I didn’t want the lower geared rear end with the smaller tires. I drive mostly on the road and I don’t think there is any other compensation for the different rear ends other than tire size.

Manual vs Auto vs 2.3 vs 2.7: My original BD build had a manual. Bronco is for fun and will almost never be driven in an urban area. That was before I found out the you couldn’t get the 2.7 with a manual so 2.3 or 2.7? My answer: torque. My other vehicle is a Cayenne diesel that has 406 pound feet of torque. And it is a beast to drive. Step on it on a mountain pass and it just pulls away. The 2.7 is tuned more for torque (148 pf/liter; 114 hp/liter) and the 2.3 is tuned more for horsepower (135 pf/liter; 117 hp/liter). I’ll take that extra helping of torque. I don’t think the mpg will be that much different (and I do like mpg; I get 31 mpg with diesel Cayenne when driving 80 mph).

I hope this helps. My remaining angst is about the OBX wheels. Really don’t like them compared to most other trim wheels. I might just paint the shiny bits black and see if that is better.
@Mtea... you just changed my whole world. I just designed an OB build and it was $1000 less but I have leather, 2.7l and automatic..... I need to see what I'm missing from the BL compared to this build. SMH

Pancho Kornwallace

Base
First Name
Pancho
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Base
I would like to thank Purvis Ford for their patience and professionalism because I'm driving them nuts going back and forth on these things below. My order is in but I have until the 8th to make changes:
  1. I keep going back and forth on color. My text thread with dealer is longer than my wife's thread with me. These are my top colors I can't choose on.
    1. Area 51 (Currently what I ordered. I like the mat color feel)
    2. Rapid Red (Thinking about changing to this)
    3. Cactus Grey (Nice cool mat color)
    4. Antimatter Blue (Was my 1st until I saw it and it was pretty much Black unless the perfect sunny day hit it right)
    5. Velocity Blue (Just sold my 2019 VB Mustang GT.... It was a GREAT Color. Pissed about letting my Mustang go so may get it in memory of my girl "Blu")
    6. Cyber Orange (My 2004 Mustang GT is Competition Orange. Don't need two orange cars..... or do I....:unsure:)
    7. Besides Cyber Orange obviously. Anti Blue was my color for my Chicago Bear fandom but was to dark. I want a nice Bear tire cover on the back but what other color would go well with anything Chicago Bearish??
  2. I chose the Badlands trim but literally visit the site daily designing different builds. The Wildtrack's interior I'm not a fan of but it seems like the Badlands is a better trim but cheaper/downgrade. Maybe it's because the Wildtrack has the SAS pack.
    • BL has auto MGV (PLUS)
    • WT comes with SAS (PLUS)
    • WT Interior isn't desirable. Would have to upgrade to leather (MINUS)
    • BL MGV online comes in black with orange stitching and orange accents. Same with leather, only 1 color choice. wow. (MINUS)
    • WT decals. Not a fan. (MINUS)
    • I thought I saw a gray and blue MGV color option. What trim was that and why can't we have that on the BL??
    • I built out a Black Diamond and by the time I was done it was almost more than my built out BL.
  3. My God! Manual or Auto! I'm currently at manual and called my dealer yesterday and he changed it to auto... I called back 30 minutes later and he changed it back to manual.. 😔. Which is better not considering preference??
    • Manual has that crawl gear but of course if you have an Auto you don't need a crawl gear.
    • Manual is more fun but what about resell value?
    • What does auto offer that would make a Bronc owner choose it over manual?
    • My 04 GT (Sunkiss) is a manual. Perfect because my wife can't drive it and she's only mine! Should I consider the auto so she can drive or be selfish again! 😈
  4. 2.7 vs. 2.3. I currently have the 2.3 for cost (Currently a little over 50k on my build).
    • I can't get gas mileage stats. Is there a significant difference in gas mileage between 2.3 and 2.7?
    • 2.7 only has 40 more HP and yes the 2.7 is more powerful but by how much? May not be by much (I'm going to pay dearly for this comment so please be gentle as you school me 😀.)
    • I won't say it. Ok yes I will. Did Ford not put a manual on the 2.7 in order to get that upcharge on the auto 🤔?
This page is my NEW obsession! So many threads and answers to my questions! Which there was an easier way to find certain threads but thanks for allowing me to bother you guys like I'm annoying my wife and dealer. I'm really bothering them so now I have this awesome outlet!!

blue and sunkiss.jpg
Easy:
1. Antimatter Blue. It is close to Black, but still blue, so it can act as a complimentary background to make your large Bears Football Helmet Logo magnets and tire cover "pop". All professional color consultants will tell you that dark shades of blue look ALWAYS look nice with lighter shades of blue.
2. Badlands w/SAS. Gives you exactly what you want.
3. Auto. You cannot get Manual with SAS without waiting. You don't want to wait and you want the SAS. Decision made.
4. 2.3. You will save a little money in both build cost AND MPG and will cover the cost of going from a Manual to an Auto, since you have a budget.

Can you ask harder questions next time?

OP
OP
ajlangley79

ajlangley79

Badlands
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Easy:
1. Antimatter Blue. It is close to Black, but still blue, so it can act as a complimentary background to make your large Bears Football Helmet Logo magnets and tire cover "pop". All professional color consultants will tell you that dark shades of blue look ALWAYS look nice with lighter shades of blue.
2. Badlands w/SAS. Gives you exactly what you want.
3. Auto. You cannot get Manual with SAS without waiting. You don't want to wait and you want the SAS. Decision made.
4. 2.3. You will save a little money in both build cost AND MPG and will cover the cost of going from a Manual to an Auto, since you have a budget.

Can you ask harder questions next time?
You made that easy man. NICE. I'll have this done by Wednesday... Just designed a crazy OB build that is less than the BL since I won't be doing a lot of rock climbing.... so that messed me up to.. but the AMB.. you have a point!

Mtea

Big Bend
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr 2.3 Auto, Porsche Cayenne Diesel Platinum
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

@Mtea... you just changed my whole world. I just designed an OB build and it was $1000 less but I have leather, 2.7l and automatic..... I need to see what I'm missing from the BL compared to this build. SMH
AJ, happy to be of service, I wound up under $50k too. I was enough under to add the modular bumper and brush bar just because l like the look. Still just under $50k.
Sponsored