Sponsored

I'm in the market for a small dash cam to put on the dash,any recommendations? Thanks

newclubfront

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Car
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
My dash cam is a lot bigger so it blocked the auto-dimming sensor on the back of the mirror so it would think it's night time during the day. I had to move my dash cam down. Looks like I need to invest in a smaller dash cam. Only downside to this setup is I can't use the sunshade with a dash cam stuck to the windshield.
Sponsored

skweaz

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My dash cam is a lot bigger so it blocked the auto-dimming sensor on the back of the mirror so it would think it's night time during the day. I had to move my dash cam down. Looks like I need to invest in a smaller dash cam. Only downside to this setup is I can't use the sunshade with a dash cam stuck to the windshield.
You can use a sunshade with the Garmin mini:
Ford Bronco I'm in the market for a  small dash cam to put on the dash,any recommendations? Thanks 1659035672248

Also, Garmin's constant power cable is great and a super simple install. You can run it via the headliner all the way down to the ODBII port. You only have to remove one screw on the driver-side shade and the driver side Bronco handle, tuck it in and re-assemble.
I used this cheap set to assist with some of the tucking:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07D43PG25/

Moto26

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150 4x4 SuperCab STX -- 2016 Yamaha XSR900
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
You can use a sunshade with the Garmin mini:
Ford Bronco I'm in the market for a  small dash cam to put on the dash,any recommendations? Thanks 1659035672248

Also, Garmin's constant power cable is great and a super simple install. You can run it via the headliner all the way down to the ODBII port. You only have to remove one screw on the driver-side shade and the driver side Bronco handle, tuck it in and re-assemble.
I used this cheap set to assist with some of the tucking:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07D43PG25/
How does the Mini handle sitting in the direct sun all the time? I know the Garmin publicity says itā€™s made for the heat, blah, blah. But Iā€™ve had so many electronic devices that just couldnā€™t handle the AZ sunā€¦

skweaz

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How does the Mini handle sitting in the direct sun all the time? I know the Garmin publicity says itā€™s made for the heat, blah, blah. But Iā€™ve had so many electronic devices that just couldnā€™t handle the AZ sunā€¦
So far, so good here in TX, no issues.

Allenm7

Badlands
First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Most good or higher end camera have capacitors instead of battery. They work great in extreme temperatures. My Garmin hasn't failed in very hot weather. Also make sure you get a good sd card too. SanDisk endurance is good. They're meant for constant rewrites and more extreme weather.

MyATV

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Just ordered a Garmin Mini this morning. Ordered it off their website, as it was same price (to the penny) as Amazon. No shipping, just tax.
I'm hoping to not mount it to windshield, as I have tint - which could get dicey should the need arise to remove it. We'll see.
Sponsored