Sponsored

I'm looking for opinions, but I'll probably get mocked. I'm ready!!

Incognito

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 jk
Your Bronco Model
Base
So please educate me. What's the advantage of the rear locker?
The 4.27 geared locker ( vs the regular 3.73 open)

Is that it when engaged, it will make both rear wheels spin at the same speed.
No matter what.
You will have 3 out of 4 tires getting traction.

The regular open differentials will send power to the wheel with the least resistance.

Once you get into deep mud, the one front and one rear tire with no traction will spin .
While the other two tires with traction sit still.

Engage the locker, and the rear tire with traction will now pull you out.
----

The 4.27 gears will also be better for towing and/ or bigger tires later.

Both of these things mean that you boost resale value.
Sponsored

seashell

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
No mocking here either. I've gone from the OB, to the BB. I can't stand the interior color choices on the OB. I can get everything I wanted on the OB, including the tube step (I'm short) and LED lights with a basic interior for almost $5k less. I'll take that savings and get after market leather seats.

Something else to consider on the rear locker... you'll get better gas mileage sticking with the 3.73.

TNcoupe

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands, 1970 Bronco, 1955 T Bird
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No reason to mock, I've optioned the Base, Black Diamond and Badlands. The standard interior Badlands with 2.7 is where I've landed cause I want marine vinyl and wash out floors so I can get in with my waders on and not worry about it.

307Bronco

Big Bend
First Name
Cindy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mitsubishi Evo MR 2012 Mercedes AMG C63
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

First, I'm not a gear head. I won't be doing any rock-crawling or baja racing. I live in northern Wisconsin, so I'll mostly be driving through deep snowdrifts, rough dirt roads, open fields, and forest service roads. I've wanted a Bronco for many years. My F-150 has severed me well for a long time. I'm looking at the Big Bend with the 2.7 and mid-package. Not a lot of people are talking about the BB. As a school teacher on a budget, this seems to be a good fit for me. Thoughts?? Be gentle!!
Good choice! I'm going Big Bend also, 2.7L with the Sasquatch. It'll be my daily, as well as go camping, fishing and do a little off roading. Do I need the Sasquatch to do those things? No. Do I love the way it looks? Absolutely! I say get what makes you happy. One of the main reasons I chose to go BB is because it isn't bare bones, but it also isn't crazy expensive and loaded with extra stuff I don't want. That way I can afford to add what I do want without breaking the bank.

Sponsored

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
So please educate me. What's the advantage of the rear locker?
So you have had some feedback using text about what a "locker" does. As you well know, people learn and conceptualize things in different ways so I would like to present this video which will show you in snowy situations what it can do from the outside of the vehicle.

Please note this video calls it "Diff Lock" and is either on or off. Meaning the locker is either engaged or disengaged.

khatch

Wildtrak
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I like the fact that there is a demand for several, if not all of the trim levels. It's the same as the color choices. If I bought the same trim and/or color as everyone else, I wouldn't feel like my Bronco was very unique.

Phil_68w10

Big Bend
First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F150 XLT
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I’m most likely going BB also. That’s what my reservation is. No rock crawling for me, but definitely some trails and the beach down here in Texas. And most likely when I go back to NC on vacation.

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

First, I'm not a gear head. I won't be doing any rock-crawling or baja racing. I live in northern Wisconsin, so I'll mostly be driving through deep snowdrifts, rough dirt roads, open fields, and forest service roads. I've wanted a Bronco for many years. My F-150 has severed me well for a long time. I'm looking at the Big Bend with the 2.7 and mid-package. Not a lot of people are talking about the BB. As a school teacher on a budget, this seems to be a good fit for me. Thoughts?? Be gentle!!
That is almost one of my options. Good choices to have.

chownd

Outer Banks
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'm in the same boat. I'd be sold on OB but dunno about interior options. Want bigger screen and better speakers but those colors may chase me away. And save me a good chunk of money

Sponsored

307Bronco

Big Bend
First Name
Cindy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mitsubishi Evo MR 2012 Mercedes AMG C63
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

What's there to mock? You made a good choice. I'm currently between a Big Bend and a Base Squatch. V6 is the better choice in my opinion and go with the rear locker for the upgraded gears (4.27's) in case you opt for bigger tires down the road. You should be absolutely fine with that. Just don't pick Race Red, that's my color ?
Hey, Race Red's my color too.
Ford Bronco I'm looking for opinions, but I'll probably get mocked. I'm ready!! giphy (26)

broncoj11

Badlands
First Name
Trunks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier Pro 4X
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Great choice. We’re doing the same plus sasquatch

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Nothing wrong with a BB, I've done a few B&Ps with it comparing it against the other trims and except for a few unknowns it would definitely meet my needs. Wish they would release more real life interior shots of seats (fabric/material/texture) and then what some of the differences between enhanced displays, if sig lights include tails and now if 12" is available or just the nav feature. The latter of the two are trivial but really want to see former before I decide 100% on a trim. Big thing is that once you start adding options they all get pretty close to the same in price and ability so it's really all down to the pretty stuff that you want from the factory and choose the closest they offer to your needs/wants/means.

Trustable

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Focus se
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

From what you said, it sounds like BB is the perfect choice for you, I've seriously considered it, but the vinyl interior and washout floors are going to be a Godsend in the winter with all the salt, slush, and sand. My only worry is that based on what I've seen about the tires that come with the BB, it seems that the consensus is they suck in wet weather compared to other tires. That's just what I've read on tirerack and the website for bridgestone reviews on them though, so your mileage may vary, just something to keep in mind.
Sponsored