Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 22'
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Howdy all

I ordered my bronco pre-wired for the hardtop but did not opt for the aux switches. My question is, is my wiring harness in the cab the same as the aux switch ready harness and is my fuse box aux switch ready?

Any help would be much appreciated

Thank you folks for any info
Sponsored

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I know this has been covered before but can't recall the definitive answer. It would seem that it would be more cost effective for Ford to produce one set of wiring harnesses instead of two for each door model. However, the easiest way to tell is just to have a look and see if you can find any of the aux wire terminations on your Bronco.

Ford Bronco If I'm hardtop pre-wired is my fuse box ready for switches 1707424952679

Ford Bronco If I'm hardtop pre-wired is my fuse box ready for switches 1707424981192

Be sure to report back with what you find.

Edit. To clarify the hardtop prep kit has nothing to do with auxiliary switch wiring.

Edit2. I verified on my wife's Bronco that the wiring runs in the above diagram are indeed on her non-aux switch OBX. Left unknown is if there is a wire harness behind her sunglass holder to plug in the aux switch block and if so, is it powered.

Last edited:

2door

Outer Banks
First Name
AA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco® The Sasquatch™ 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Howdy all

I ordered my bronco pre-wired for the hardtop but did not opt for the aux switches. My question is, is my wiring harness in the cab the same as the aux switch ready harness and is my fuse box aux switch ready?

Any help would be much appreciated

Thank you folks for any info
It's going to cost you around $800 and take about 2 hours of your time to retrofit an AUX switch panel. You're going to need the upfitter switches, another fuse box, and A-pillar wire harness.

KillerPenz

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I know this has been covered before but can't recall the definitive answer. It would seem that it would be more cost effective for Ford to produce one set of wiring harnesses instead of two for each door model. However, the easiest way to tell is just to have a look and see if you can find any of the aux wire terminations on your Bronco.

Ford Bronco If I'm hardtop pre-wired is my fuse box ready for switches 1707424981192

Be sure to report back with what you find.
I agree with @Brian_B , unless Ford changed it, the answer is no. And honestly, if it's not a constraint, it's much cheaper to spend the $195 up front for switches than the +/-$1000 for the parts required to add later. Not to mention the time tearing it all apart.

So, thinking about it, the wiring that goes throughout the Bronco to different locations would be there. But the actual wiring from switch location to fuse box, wouldn't be the correct harness. Nor would the fuse box be correct.

Sponsored

lapazleo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The hard top wiring is for the wiper and rear window defrost and has nothing to do with the aux switch package which is much more than just switches. At $195 the aux switches are deal with hard wiring through out the vehicle and junction block under the hood it's an automatic must have.

OP
OP

HarveyBirbman

Big Bend
First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 22'
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Thank you everyone for all of the valuable information. I now regret not opting for the panel when i had it built. At the time i did not see myself getting into activities that would justify having one. This has been a learning experience.

Thank you all again for the help!
Sponsored