Sponsored

They should offer hardtop retrofit kit (with connection / switches preinstalled)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoadKiller

Big Bend
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Junk-Wife gets new and I get left over
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I would gladly add a Soft-Top now if I could get my Bronco sooner. Seeing I'm switching to order both I would like a discount later when my hardtop comes in! Let's pre-wire the soft-tops for wiper and washer.
Sponsored

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
I asked my contact at Ford about this a few months ago and he said it wasn’t likely to happen but it was something they looked into.

Honestly I can’t even remember the last time I used my rear wiper. I’ll probably swap to a soft top and either live with it or add the hard top and who cares about the rear washer 🤷‍♂️

smocon73

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Malibu (aka dad car) & 97 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I would gladly add a Soft-Top now if I could get my Bronco sooner. Seeing I'm switching to order both I would like a discount later when my hardtop comes in! Let's pre-wire the soft-tops for wiper and washer.
Or at least provide that option for "hard-top ready" and provide backorder pricing for both MIC and modular shipped to dealer for those who chose to take soft top now vs. no pricing and most likely $1k over build and price option.

Cliff

Badlands
First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Flex
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just wondering how long before they run out of soft tops?

Sponsored

DaBronCo33

Base
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord
Your Bronco Model
Base
I’m sure they would if it were a viable option.

85_Ranger4x4

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Didn't they kinda do this when they offered a pile of fordpass points if you switched from mod to softtop?

They won't sell a vehicle unless it is complete how you ordered it. But if you switch and get enough points to put a big dent in buying a hardtop on the side...

But yeah, you need the hookups too.

We don't want a soft top so we are staying the course with a hardtop. I figured we would be early 22 calender year from the get-go anyway and so far I haven't had much reason to change that... until everybody switches to soft top I guess...

Might snag a mesh bimimi top down the road so my redhead wife/son don't turn into lobsters but that is as far as we are interested in a soft top.

Sponsored

mdk100

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911, Cayenne, BMW X3e, 2 door BaseSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
This is a simple way to ship some more 2 doors. I don’t want a hard top, but was forced to take it. Seems like they need this option.

JeebusCripes

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘94 M998, ‘89 Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yep! Exactly this idea. I agree that as a consumer this makes total sense. I would assume they have thought of this and foe whatever reason it didn’t make sense as a viable solution. I still wonder how big of an issue the microchip shortage plays into these delays as well.

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It seems like those with VINs must sync up with the hard tops available so it probably doesn't matter, but I wouldn't be opposed to a 2dr soft top even without hook ups. I might end up buying one down the road anyway.

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No interest in a soft top for me, but this solution makes sense. I also rarely use my rear wiper, so that wouldn’t be a deal breaker for me if it was wired for one or not. But my OCD would kick in and it’d drive me crazy that it didn’t work!

mtap

Black Diamond
First Name
Mervin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra, Hummer H3, Harley Sportster
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

People keep talking about wiring and plumbing...what about the controls for it. Will that need to be added too? Dealer event only had soft tops so I don’t know where the controls would go?
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.