Sponsored

They should offer hardtop retrofit kit (with connection / switches preinstalled)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ares

First Name
Fox
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
do we really know if the plant is building below capacity because there are no soft top orders left to fill?

I kind of doubt it.
Sponsored

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I was going to post this very thread, but the I realized that this is just a cover story and Ford continues to lie.

Because YES.. if you can't build broncos only due to MICs (at least a majority) you do SOMETHING.

Hell, even force people to buy the dual top option with hookups NOW and come back later to get you MIC.

There is more going on that meets the eye and they are continuing to shuffle the shit.

Even for me, I want a WT, so are they allowing me to order a WT without a hard top? .... NO

Are they allowing me to order a BB with a High Package.... NO

Ford has an opportunity to actually make money on this fiasco because we are desperate..yet they don't offer up even the basic solutions!?!?

Definitely more going on.

BR0NCO

Raptor
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Audi
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
People keep talking about wiring and plumbing...what about the controls for it. Will that need to be added too? Dealer event only had soft tops so I don’t know where the controls would go?
In the jeep those functions are in the combination switch, you can swap the switch out
B00C1A65-A755-4721-B069-7EB72F411CB5.jpeg

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Oh, an other thread about this ;-)

But yes, I'd be happy to pay for the 'hard top ready' option to get this stuff wired and plumbed up, then change my order to soft top (I will keep those $1k in Ford points though, that I was promised when I changed from dual top to MIC only, OK Ford? You're making me work here, and I don't work for cheap.... )
Or I'd be just as happy to add dual top back in, get delivery with a soft top, and get that hard top when ever it's available in '22.
You'd think that by now there's enough $ loss on the line that these couple tens of thousands for some wires and plugs and a hose and a different switch on the stalk by the steering wheel can't really be that expensive (and as I said, I'd be happy to pay a reasonable price for that too, like at cost?).
Top level bean counters are not fun people, I've dealt with them before..... Maybe someone in marketing can come over with a big hammer or something and set them straight.. :-D

"Ford announces incentive to speed up Bronco production. Order a dual top now, get your Bronco with the soft top delivered this year and the hard top will be shipped and installed for free once it is available in 2022.
Get xxx Ford Pass points if you change your order by xx.xx.xxxx."

But hey, that's just how I'd do this, and what do I know ;-p

All I know, my Bronco will be here when it gets here, equipped as I want it. And while I don't like to, I can wait. A while longer.

Sponsored

Rubicon 2 Badlands

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 JKU Rubicon / 2021 Bronco: Badlands/Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would gladly add a Soft-Top now if I could get my Bronco sooner. Seeing I'm switching to order both I would like a discount later when my hardtop comes in! Let's pre-wire the soft-tops for wiper and washer.
ABSOLUTELY! I'd run a soft-top full time until they worked out their hard-top issues. No brainer, and I am pretty sure we have mentioned that many times. I'll even pay for the hard-top now, trusting that I will get my hard-top in the future. Ford, are you there, are you listening?

Blitzjb

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

They sold the room to cheap. The jeep hart top is $1500. $595 was a bargain. I was originally a soft top guy. Went MIC due to price. Will get the bestop as I like it better.

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
I would gladly add a Soft-Top now if I could get my Bronco sooner. Seeing I'm switching to order both I would like a discount later when my hardtop comes in! Let's pre-wire the soft-tops for wiper and washer.
From a management and production point of view, your solution is RIDICULOUS!

Ford has 125,000 orders to deal with and it's a complicated mess. You propose to further complicate the situation by 1) installing wiring and water lines in all soft top builds and 2) subsequent hard top deliveries to customers who got their deliveries months before.

Ford, or any company in their right mind, needs the order to be off the list once the customer takes delivery. Having to ship hardtops to old customers in the future only adds to Fords costs and problems.

Ford is MUCH better off producing softtops for customers that will take them in order to get their vehicle faster. This crosses that customer order off the list. Ultimately, Ford has to make 125k vehicles for current orders, so if someone will take a softtop to get off the list, that solution makes the most sense! Anyone with critical thinking ability should understand this.

Unfortunately, this situation means that people who want MIC tops, Sasquatch, 2.7L, etc will have to wait longer. All the bitching in the world will NOT change the situation! Neither will simplistic ideas offered by forum members.

Ryuk

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger, 2023 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

From a management and production point of view, your solution is RIDICULOUS!

Ford has 125,000 orders to deal with and it's a complicated mess. You propose to further complicate the situation by 1) installing wiring and water lines in all soft top builds and 2) subsequent hard top deliveries to customers who got their deliveries months before.

Ford, or any company in their right mind, needs the order to be off the list once the customer takes delivery. Having to ship hardtops to old customers in the future only adds to Fords costs and problems.

Ford is MUCH better off producing softtops for customers that will take them in order to get their vehicle faster. This crosses that customer order off the list. Ultimately, Ford has to make 125k vehicles for current orders, so if someone will take a softtop to get off the list, that solution makes the most sense! Anyone with critical thinking ability should understand this.

Unfortunately, this situation means that people who want MIC tops, Sasquatch, 2.7L, etc will have to wait longer. All the bitching in the world will NOT change the situation! Neither will simplistic ideas offered by forum members.
And how does insulting people who are just brainstorming, help?

Sponsored

Gaul Piamatti

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Your Bronco Model
Base
Or at least provide that option for "hard-top ready" and provide backorder pricing for both MIC and modular shipped to dealer for those who chose to take soft top now vs. no pricing and most likely $1k over build and price option.
Adding the hookups seems like a do-able option, but I just don’t see the logistics of Ford giving everyone an option to take delivery on their hardtop down the road working out. In order to produce 100k+ hard tops and then send them out down the road would more than likely require an entirely different production line at Webasto. At that point it would put them back in the same position they’re in now and I seriously doubt they want to do that again. I also doubt that dealers are willing to provide the storage and labor time to provide hard top installation for people who swapped to soft tops. That would probably be spread out over the span of a year and that would be too much work for too little profit from the way they probably see it.

The voucher would make the most sense but I honestly think people on the forum blow the rear wiper and defroster out of proportion. I have never had a rear wiper on any of my cars and while the defroster would be nice, I think that if you live in a warmer start you’ll be fine

Last edited:

TurkeyRun

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, '02 F-350, 21 Expy, 4 Harleys and a BMW GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford: And the new 2021 Bronco comes with your choice of hard top, soft top, or "dual top option" packages!
Me: ok... I'd like one. I want the dual top option
months pass.....

Ford: Due to the unbelievably popular dual top option, if you want that it'll be MY2023 and you'll have to wait
Me: OK <sigh> I guess what if I have to choose one, it would be the hard top then please
months pass....

Ford: We're sorry, we feel your pain, these things are great! We've been driving them, and driving them, and showing them off but...... if you want the hard top, we have no idea when we might be able to see you one

Some Guy: Hey, I have an idea, let's send them out with soft tops, all plumbed up for the hard top. Then we can offer these folks kinda like.. you know... a "dual top" option.
Ford: No, no, no.... we could never do that....

Me: <ebay... craigslist..> "Gen 1 Bronco" <www.toyota.com> "4Runner" <www.jeep.com> "anything that crawls rocks>

Ryuk

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger, 2023 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I think Ford should talk to Bestop and see what they could do to ramp up their production of 2dr soft tops
That would allow the 2Dr folks an alternative which they currently do not have.

Apparently all 2Drs are plumbed for washer and wiper, so Ford doesn't even have to do anything different for the rest of the build on them.
[OK, someone has to plug those 2 connectors into the holders]

Not sure how hard it would be to ask an existing supplier if they could handle X number of units in Y amount of time, but this seems like a very viable solution.

Macjr

Black Diamond
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma TRD Offroad, 2020 Volvo xc40 RDesign
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This is EXACTLY what Ford should do!!!!!!!!!!
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.