Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK, 36 ford convertible, 59 MGA, 57 Mercedes
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Bronco I'm stumped! Screenshot (84)

Who else is pulling their hair out thinking about changes? I was set up and happy 2 days ago and now...BOOM! it's all up in the air again. I haven't had a car payment for about 6 years and will put a huge down to keep it a very manageable payment. Here's my dilemma. I haven't went off-roading but have a lot of friends that do and I'd like to join them. There are 4 set-ups I'm looking at Highest to lowest Would be the Badland to Base SAS.

Keep in mind, I hate payments, credit cards and you name it. I'm a noob when it comes to off road so the badlands are most likely overkill (but bad ass). At the same time, I don't want buyers remorse. Currently, I have option number 2 ordered.

1. Badlands, SAS, MIC, Mid Package, 2.7 - $369 mo. $54260 Build - puts me over where I want to be payment wise and is most likely over kills for a noob.

2. Badlands, MIC, Mid Package, 2.7 - $331 mo. $51765 build. add 35 or 37 tire and lift after OG tire are done.

3. Black Diamond, SAS, MIC, Mid Package, 2.7 - $320 mo. $51010 build. - maybe upgrade bumpers down the road.

4. Base, SAS, 2.7 - $199 mo. $43075 Build change out bumpers and such in a year or so when the stuff comes out

I really like the Area 51 color and want and use the Mid package. so number would be perfect for me if it had those 2 things. I would be settling but a $200 payment is intriguing .
Sponsored

Last edited:

djp

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
djp
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Badlands 4dr || '21 Bronco Sport BigBend
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Screenshot (84).png

Who else is pulling their hair out thinking about changes? I was set up and happy 2 days ago and now...BOOM! it's all up in the air again. I haven't had a car payment for about 6 years and will put a huge down to keep it a very manageable payment. Here's my dilemma. I haven't went off-roading but have a lot of friends that do and I'd like to join them. There are 4 set-ups I'm looking at Highest to lowest Would be the Badland to Base SAS.

Keep in mind, I hate payments, credit cards and you name it. I'm a noob when it comes to off road so the badlands are most likely overkill (but bad ass). At the same time, I don't want buyers remorse. Currently, I have option number 2 ordered.

1. Badlands, SAS, MIC, Mid Package, 2.7 - $369 mo. $54260 Build - puts me over where I want to be payment wise and is most likely over kills for a noob.

2. Badlands, MIC, Mid Package, 2.7 - $331 mo. $51765 build. add 35 or 37 tire and lift after OG tire are done.

3. Black Diamond, SAS, MIC, Mid Package, 2.7 - $320 mo. $51010 build. - maybe upgrade bumpers down the road.

4. Base, SAS, 2.7 - $199 mo. $43075 Build change out bumpers and such in a year or so when the stuff comes out
Bases SAS is only 199 a mo.... oooo :)

NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
You can actually change your order up until your VIN is assigned.

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

#2 or #4

RG7

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
B8 A4, 2018 Triumph Street Triple R
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

All four of those have the same level of capability (SB disco ≠ more capability, it’s a convenience factor as swaybar end links can be manually disconnected on non-BL models). From there it really becomes how important are extra color choices, grill and lighting, mid package etc. FWIW it’s really nice to start out with 33’s and then when you wear those out upgrade to 35’s etc. Definitely makes you appreciate the new capabilities of your machine esp for a new off-roader.

Id probably stick with number two, but then again I was stuck between 2 and 3 (just in 2D with no mid) and I went with BD/2.7/sas because I saved $1000 and am getting 35’s from the factory.

Sponsored

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You can actually change your order up until your VIN is assigned.
You can also submit your order after Friday.*

(*If you do you wont received a delivery estimate from Ford in May, nor will you be considered for build in the first quarter of production.... but depending on your timestamp, you might not have been anyway)

jaspercasidino

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I’ve been going crazy myself debating BaseSquatch and Badlands Lux Squatch. One is the deal and one is the YOLO. I also have a mid package BD build right in the middle. Everything drivetrain being equal (2.7L/10spd and Sasquatch) I get Lux Package, MGV, SBD and GOAT modes. After costs, taxes (WA around 10% with RTA tax) and financing, I’m looking at around a $17k difference. Certainly a lot to pay and I paid less than that for a brand new Ducati Panigale 959 a couple years ago. Seems pretty crazy to add that amount in options for nice to haves.

The things that I want from that $17k are sound system, sound deadening, 12” screen, SBD, intelligent access, key fob remote start, built-in navigation, heated seats, automatic temperature control and MGV.

After seeing the BaseSquatch BN video, the Base itself is well equipped and has everything I’m used to aside from heated seats. Im not sure I can pass up that BaseSquatch deal... ;)

The soul searching will continue tonight.

Sponsored

Judge Rufus

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Wheeler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti QX80, GMC Sierra, Mercedes SLK32 AMG,
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Not really

"I thought I was running out of time, and I'm frazzled, and then some people told me that I really had more time, but then my thread doesn't really make sense, but I'm still frazzled!"

if that's too verbose you could just go with:

Times running out to do order changes and I'm stumped.

Last edited:

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
How much is your down payment $20k? Jeeze my BD Squatch builds were like 650 plus!

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
My observations
noob-you don't need all of the costly suspension add on's.

bad ass-you're buying to impress the neighbors instead of meeting spending goals.

SAS-driving up the cost on all builds for something you can live without.

Build #4 is probably what you need minus SAS and will check most of the boxes.

OP
OP
Robertriley

Robertriley

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK, 36 ford convertible, 59 MGA, 57 Mercedes
Your Bronco Model