Sponsored

I'm torn! Can't decide.... (another post)

AcesandEights

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ace!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

AcesandEights

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ace!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've seen multiple people comment concerns about 35's in the snow. I drive an FJ with 35s in Utah up the mountains for snowboarding all the time. They are a beast in the snow! I wouldn't worry about. May be a bit more apt to slipping on icy roads than say 33s, but still way better than most vehicles. To me, nothing better than waking up to fresh snow and needing to drive somewhere :p
The height of the tire doesn't really impact snow driving as much as width. I'm a pizza cutter kind of guy, tall/narrow tires for me, especially in the snow.

Rovertbee

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The height of the tire doesn't really impact snow driving as much as width. I'm a pizza cutter kind of guy, tall/narrow tires for me, especially in the snow.
True. My tires are 12.5ā€ wide, so not pizza cutters but still great in the snow.

OP
OP
WuNgUn

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Exactly! If I were gonna get a second set of wheels for winter, it wouldn't be 33's either!
255/70 R16's... And off of Kijiji!

Sponsored

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

hi
I live in quĆ©bec city and wit my F150 super cab long box i can said K02 BF with snow flake, is good for snowing for 2 year or 30,000 kilomĆŖtre ONLY after you take some chance to be involved in an accident $$$.
For the BRONCO i will buy four 315/70/17 NOKIAN STUDDED TIRE with 4 wheels. i know is not cheap but it's cheaper than hit someone or some thing and broke my BRONCO. BL+SAS+2.7 + Lux pack + tow pack AND FEW GUGUSSE FROM fORD WHEN AVALABLE !!!!
tracktoy
If you really want to be safe then don't forget that 5th wheel/tire for a spare. Never driven with studded snows until this winter but would figure that it might not be the nest to have 1 unstudded tire.

OP
OP
WuNgUn

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

hi
I live in quĆ©bec city and wit my F150 super cab long box i can said K02 BF with snow flake, is good for snowing for 2 year or 30,000 kilomĆŖtre ONLY after you take some chance to be involved in an accident $$$.
For the BRONCO i will buy four 315/70/17 NOKIAN STUDDED TIRE with 4 wheels. i know is not cheap but it's cheaper than hit someone or some thing and broke my BRONCO. BL+SAS+2.7 + Lux pack + tow pack AND FEW GUGUSSE FROM fORD WHEN AVALABLE !!!!
tracktoy
So they were good for 2 years? Did they wear that much in 30K???

TRACKTOY

Badlands
First Name
ANDRƉ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 LARIAT CREW C. 3.5L ƉCO 2022+ BRONCO BL.2023
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

hi
at 30k kilometer k02 is wear a half than new and for this reason it bad on snow and ice. the tree peek in canada is only a certification with minimal norm and you can find these 3 peek on every LT tire but not create egual .It's diffƩrent if you live in TORONTO THAN NORTH MUSQUOKA. Go to NOKIAN site and search for 315/70/17 with stud they have this size. Stud is factory install and build stainless steel it's the best tire you can buy take a look.TRACKTOY

Sponsored

TRACKTOY

Badlands
First Name
ANDRƉ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

HI
The badbluck to have a flat tire in winter is very low. i never change a tire on road i call CAA ( AAA in USA) and when they saw a big tire they ask for a platform towing and they drive the truck (BRONCO) to garage. they change the tire or replace it. it's good for 160 KilomĆŖtre from home to my favorite garage that's the way.....
TRACKTOY

shoelessjoe

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Chevy Cruze
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As a Canadian buyer also....
A base with Sasquatch is the same price as a Badlands. For me, the extra goodies that comes with a Badlands isn't worth having Sasquatch. I want my money to count where it hits the road.
Hard decision.
Same price where? Ford.ca the Badlands is 2700 more then the Base with Sasquatch

AcesandEights

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ace!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Studs dont help in snow. The reason the nokians work so well is they're a winter tire, not the studs.

TRACKTOY

Badlands
First Name
ANDRƉ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Les goujons nā€™aident pas dans la neige. La raison pour laquelle les nokians fonctionnent si bien, cā€™est quā€™ils sont un pneu dā€™hiver, pas les goujons.
[/CITATION]

linbackr99

Wildtrak
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor Crew
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I've seen multiple people comment concerns about 35's in the snow. I drive an FJ with 35s in Utah up the mountains for snowboarding all the time. They are a beast in the snow! I wouldn't worry about. May be a bit more apt to slipping on icy roads than say 33s, but still way better than most vehicles. To me, nothing better than waking up to fresh snow and needing to drive somewhere :p
Iā€™ve had 4 different Raptors on 35s for over a decade - live in VT, 30 miles away from my work (where I sometimes am on call to plow city streets) and drive to work in all conditions - never an issue with the tires in the snow.
Sponsored