Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Dang, nearly identical build and date to mine. Hope it doesn't happen to mine! I only have 6k miles though.

Karl_in_Chicago

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sorry to hear of your problems but I have to say those are some gorgeous photos - thanks for sharing. Hope it gets sorted soon.

SPITmadFIRE

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€”
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I noticed the front diff leaking from the pinion seal at my 10,000mi oil change ā€” have a service appointment Monday morning to get it looked at. There have been a handful of other forum users posting about similar front diff leaks, and I could see a lack of diff fluid contributing to the failure you noticed. Pics attached of my issue for others to check on their trucks:

Ford Bronco Imploded front diff and transfer case DD15FDC8-4FD4-41D7-8370-5524FF5A96EC

Ford Bronco Imploded front diff and transfer case 34981A32-E339-4EFC-A6A0-0C4F815B8B2B

Sponsored
OP
OP
Kickit

Kickit

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Dang, nearly identical build and date to mine. Hope it doesn't happen to mine! I only have 6k miles though.
I hope it doesnā€™t happen to anyone else! Iā€™ll be the beta tester with my high mileage šŸ˜‚

Itā€™s a really terrible sound, I thought my bronco was a goner šŸ„ŗ

OP
OP
Kickit

Kickit

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I noticed the front diff leaking from the pinion seal at my 10,000mi oil change ā€” have a service appointment Monday morning to get it looked at. There have been a handful of other forum users posting about similar front diff leaks, and I could see a lack of diff fluid contributing to the failure you noticed. Pics attached of my issue for others to check on their trucks:

Ford Bronco Imploded front diff and transfer case 34981A32-E339-4EFC-A6A0-0C4F815B8B2B

This is good info, Iā€™ve got another person thatā€™s had the front diff failure Iā€™ve been in contact with that thought it might be low diff fluids tooā€¦

SPITmadFIRE

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€”
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is good info, Iā€™ve got another person thatā€™s had the front diff failure Iā€™ve been in contact with that thought it might be low diff fluids tooā€¦
Yeah Iā€™ve been babying it in 2H only since I noticed it, and havenā€™t driven more than absolutely necessary. Thankfully Iā€™ve got another 2.3L ecoboost Ford to drive in the meantime with AWD and a leaking timing chain cover šŸ˜¬

OP
OP
Kickit

Kickit

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yeah Iā€™ve been babying it in 2H only since I noticed it, and havenā€™t driven more than absolutely necessary. Thankfully Iā€™ve got another 2.3L ecoboost Ford to drive in the meantime with AWD and a leaking timing chain cover šŸ˜¬
Ha! Iā€™m having the same issue! My f150 just started making a rather unpleasant noise at idle that Iā€™m hoping is an easy fixā€¦ā€¦..When it rains it pours right?!

Fingers crossed youā€™ll get the diff fluid figured out to prevent any bigger problems and good luck with your other car too!

Sponsored

Dream_Solventless

Black Diamond
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22ā€™ Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Was your noise similar to this? The first video is 4HI / FAD locked and the 2nd is 2wd but with the FAD still locked because Ford locks it up under 32 degrees. If you dont have FAD the diff will spin all the time and it would be similiar to this in 2wd. My non-sas m190 diff did the same granted Iā€™m on 37s. I just finished an m210 swap this week.

OP
OP
Kickit

Kickit

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Was your noise similar to this? The first video is 4HI / FAD locked and the 2nd is 2wd but with the FAD still locked because Ford locks it up under 32 degrees. If you dont have FAD the diff will spin all the time and it would be similiar to this in 2wd. My non-sas m190 diff did the same granted Iā€™m on 37s. I just finished an m210 swap this week.
I guess it was kind of similar to that but ā€œclunkierā€ and much louder. But Iā€™ll be honest Iā€™m gonna have to google a lot of what you just said as Iā€™m not familiar with the m210, assuming itā€™s an upgrade to the diff thatā€™s currently in place the m190?

SPITmadFIRE

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€”
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I guess it was kind of similar to that but ā€œclunkierā€ and much louder. But Iā€™ll be honest Iā€™m gonna have to google a lot of what you just said as Iā€™m not familiar with the m210, assuming itā€™s an upgrade to the diff thatā€™s currently in place the m190?
M190 front axles are standard on base thru OBX I believe. Wildtrak and Badlands come with M210 upgraded front axles standard. Sasquatch also comes with M210 front axles I believe

Broncotrax

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 Bronco, '17 Superduity, '22 Badsquatch, CR 250R
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is a great time to discuss trip planning and survival gear. Always bring survival gear even if you feel like the trip is a mild off road adventure. Food, water and shelter is your focus. Before leaving, let someone know where you will be going and when you expect to return. Communicate any changes. Good luck!!

OP
OP
Kickit

Kickit

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This is a great time to discuss trip planning and survival gear. Always bring survival gear even if you feel like the trip is a mild off road adventure. Food, water and shelter is your focus. Before leaving, let someone know where you will be going and when you expect to return. Communicate any changes. Good luck!!
Yes 100% this! Usually I donā€™t go off grid without my garmin inreach. The irony of this being it was the one time I left it homeā€¦ā€¦.
Never again!

But Iā€™ve always got food, water, first aid gear, fire extinguisher, and of course my dog šŸ˜‚
This definitely serves as a good reminder!
Sponsored