Sponsored

In the market for a car, have some questions regarding the possibility of getting a Bronco.

Squiblo

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Beat up 2012 dodge swagon wagon caravan
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Hello there folks, new member here with some questions! Before I get to my question, I should offer some background information. First off, I actually do work for a dealership that owns a Ford shop, I'm no sales person but I do work in the detail center. Ever since I first saw the Bronco revealed, it was love at first sight. Having been able to actually detail some of the new Broncos and getting to check them out has only increased my love for them. I would really like to get a Bronco as it wouldn't only be my dream car, but would also be my first car. The first question I have is, would it even be feasible to get one? With the prices and the insane markups some of the dealerships have, has made affording one seem unlikely. I'm aware that there's the A/Z, D, and X plan offered by Ford but I don't know much about them other than having to be invited to it by Ford. Would I even be eligible for any type of savings as a dealership detailer? Next question I have is, what trim/spec would best suite me? Since I stated this would be my first car, I really don't know how I should even spec it out. I live on 10 acres and we have a dirt back road and in the winter time, it becomes an absolute mud field. Would definitely need something that can handle such muddy terrain. I would also love to go off roading and go overlanding but have no clue what trim would best suite my needs. I would use this as my daily driver and would definitely mod it out over time. As of now, I'm stuck between the base 4 door + sasquatch or if I should just get a base big bend, outer bank etc and no sasquatch. My budget is very limited so I don't have too much to splurge. I'm currently still saving as I was planning on getting my vehicle around the end of summer/fall. As of now the highest I can do realistically is 42k and that would be with a 28k-30k down deposit as I'll have around that much saved up by then. I would ideally like to keep the total cost under 40k. Again though, with the shortage and the insane markups, I'm doubting I would even be able to get one. I've been thinking and if I am eligible for the employee discount/saving, would it be more worth it to try and order a new Bronco(if we even can, was told I would have to wait until Oct for orders to open again) or try my luck at getting one from the Ford Dealership that I guess I work for and see if the employee payment/discount would make it more affordable(reason I mention this is due to the sad fact that the dealership I work for, is asking over for MSRP for the trims I've been looking at). I really have no idea what to do, what I can do(other than wait) or what to do. I would really love to get a Bronco as my first car but from what I've gathered, that just isn't likely to be possible right now. I live in PA, an hour away from Philly so if any fellow Pennsylvanians have any advice or good dealerships to lookout for, do let me know please. If I'm missing any information that could be useful in providing me more help/insight, feel free to ask and I'll do my best to get it to you. If I can't snag a Bronco then my backup plan was to either get a Mazda CX-5/50 or the Ford Ranger/Bronco Sport :/. I also forgot to mention, but I'm still in school(college) so my parents would be there to help me with the paperwork and all that, only real thing I have to do is find a vehicle I want and save enough for it(which I have been doing for over 3 years now due to the pandemic and insane car market prices).
Sponsored

AZ_BRONC

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜17 4Runner, ā€˜16 BMW 328i, ā€˜96 Stang GT, ā€˜19 Mini
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Hey, I started out as a porter in a Ford/Lincoln Mercury dealership. Itā€™s how I fell in love with Bronco, as I had to clear the snowy Chicago lot at 4am with a work Bronco fitted with a plow. First car was a Mustang 5.0 but second vehicle in college was a Bronco.

Iā€˜d recommend PATIENCEā€¦not easy for a young man but it will pay off. Itā€™s definitely worth finding a dealer who will only make you pay MSRP, no dealer add-ons or extras, and build exactly what you want. The build and price order banks for 2023 will likely open up in Oct or Novā€¦use this summer and fall to SAVE and read Bronco 6G to decide what you need to start out. I think Base plus SAS for you, unless you want to SAS it up yourself aftermarket. I think SAS is an amazing deal, especially because those 35ā€™s and tech will be under warranty!

The 12ā€ screen is really nice, but you canā€™t get that without high trim. If your gonna be wheeling you want tech for that, not fancy screens. Spend your money there. If you can afford, get the aux switches and steel mod bumper. Your fun upgrades can come there as you get olderā€¦winch, fog lamps, ditch lights, upgraded speakers. And as a young guy, assuming not married and no kids, get a manual 2-door!

For a 2022, a manual 2.3L (plenty engine for a 2 door), modular bumper and front bash plate, plus aux switches is $40,800 delivered. Ford may come out with a new color or two in 2023 (Iā€™m hoping Anvil Gray or Brittney Blue), and youā€™ll have a Bronco that can basically do anything a Badlands or Wildtrak can do, plus have room for plenty of mods.

Trust me, itā€™s fun to start with something you can MORE THAN afford, and then enjoy adding a mod or two each year AS YOU CAN AFFORD IT. Donā€™t get yourself backwards financially for a vehicle. But when you can truly afford it, a Base SAS is IMO an awesome deal.

OP
OP

Squiblo

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Will do. I admit I posted in a haste. Tried looking for the answer to my questions and couldn't find a solid answer, got a little desperate. My bad.

OP
OP

Squiblo

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Hey, I started out as a porter in a Ford/Lincoln Mercury dealership. Itā€™s how I fell in love with Bronco, as I had to clear the snowy Chicago lot at 4am with a work Bronco fitted with a plow. First car was a Mustang 5.0 but second vehicle in college was a Bronco.

Iā€˜d recommend PATIENCEā€¦not easy for a young man but it will pay off. Itā€™s definitely worth finding a dealer who will only make you pay MSRP, no dealer add-ons or extras, and build exactly what you want. The build and price order banks for 2023 will likely open up in Oct or Novā€¦use this summer and fall to SAVE and read Bronco 6G to decide what you need to start out. I think Base plus SAS for you, unless you want to SAS it up yourself aftermarket. I think SAS is an amazing deal, especially because those 35ā€™s and tech will be under warranty!

The 12ā€ screen is really nice, but you canā€™t get that without high trim. If your gonna be wheeling you want tech for that, not fancy screens. Spend your money there. If you can afford, get the aux switches and steel mod bumper. Your fun upgrades can come there as you get olderā€¦winch, fog lamps, ditch lights, upgraded speakers. And as a young guy, assuming not married and no kids, get a manual 2-door!

For a 2022, a manual 2.3L (plenty engine for a 2 door), modular bumper and front bash plate, plus aux switches is $40,800 delivered. Ford may come out with a new color or two in 2023 (Iā€™m hoping Anvil Gray or Brittney Blue), and youā€™ll have a Bronco that can basically do anything a Badlands or Wildtrak can do, plus have room for plenty of mods.

Trust me, itā€™s fun to start with something you can MORE THAN afford, and then enjoy adding a mod or two each year AS YOU CAN AFFORD IT. Donā€™t get yourself backwards financially for a vehicle. But when you can truly afford it, a Base SAS is IMO an awesome deal.
Thankfully I will be in a position to where I will be able to afford one. Sad to say though but I'm a huge fan of the four door, could never come to like the look of the 2 door, even on the wranglers. In terms of the base four door+Sas, it seems like there's a mix reaction to it. Some people have said it's a great deal while others say it's something you don't necessarily need. Since I'm a complete noobie to off roading/overlanding would it just be a safer bet to get the sasquatch for the readiness or could I get away with getting a higher trim but no sasquatch? I find it hard to spend 5k on an addition when I could use that towards other conveniences. I was looking at the base, big bend, black diamond and outerbanks. Really like the look of the outerbanks but also digging the black diamond. As of now I'm leaning towards the black diamond, would go with the green color for sure. What're your thoughts on the trims I mentioned? I know you said I could go base+Sas and get a similar performance as the other trims but is that worth the cost of some of the conveniences those other trims would offer? Apologies for the lengthy question.

Sponsored

Fly by Nite

Base
First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 F-150 Nite, 2001 Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The Base Sasquatch is a great deal that's tough to beat. I have a 2 dr BaseSquatch on order, about $40k with a few options, roof rails and mod bumper. A Black Diamond starts at about the same price. The BD already has the rear locking diff. you can add the Advanced 4x4 transfer case for about $800. At this point, you're about $1500 more than a BaseSquatch but you don't get the front locking diff, bigger tires and alloy wheels of the Squatch. The BD does feature the MGV interior, but adding aftermarket seat covers to a Base could be done at a better cost.
I don't think Ford is allowing any plan discounts on the Broncos yet, but check with your dealer to see what you may be eligible for. 'A' plan was for employees.
I have my order with Chapman of Horsham. They're highly recommended but have a LONG waiting list.

Planet_Express_IV

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The Base Sasquatch is a great deal that's tough to beat. I have a 2 dr BaseSquatch on order, about $40k with a few options, roof rails and mod bumper. A Black Diamond starts at about the same price. The BD already has the rear locking diff. you can add the Advanced 4x4 transfer case for about $800. At this point, you're about $1500 more than a BaseSquatch but you don't get the front locking diff, bigger tires and alloy wheels of the Squatch. The BD does feature the MGV interior, but adding aftermarket seat covers to a Base could be done at a better cost.
I don't think Ford is allowing any plan discounts on the Broncos yet, but check with your dealer to see what you may be eligible for. 'A' plan was for employees.
I have my order with Chapman of Horsham. They're highly recommended but have a LONG waiting list.
Ford has been allowing A/Z and D plan on standard Broncos since the relaunch in 2021, no X plan though. Only certain trims like the upcoming Bronco Raptor is unavailable on any employee plan pricing.

D plan is what a dealership employee may be eligible for.

My order was delivered under A-Plan rules and pricing on a 22 OBX.

OP
OP

Squiblo

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I actually live right by there so I'll definitely check them out. One question I do have is, if I do wait and order a 2023 MY Bronco, will I find myself in the same situation many other people are in with having to wait a year or so for their delivery or do you think it'll improve by then and I can expect it sooner? I don't mind waiting a little bit longer but I've already waited three years, not sure I can hold out any longer šŸ˜…

OP
OP

Squiblo

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Ford has been allowing A/Z and D plan on standard Broncos since the relaunch in 2021, no X plan though. Only certain trims like the upcoming Bronco Raptor is unavailable on any employee plan pricing.

D plan is what a dealership employee may be eligible for.

My order was delivered under A-Plan rules and pricing on a 22 OBX.
How do you like your OBX? I love the look of it. Been so tempted between that, the BD and the Base+Squatch.

Scohin

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I actually live right by there so I'll definitely check them out. One question I do have is, if I do wait and order a 2023 MY Bronco, will I find myself in the same situation many other people are in with having to wait a year or so for their delivery or do you think it'll improve by then and I can expect it sooner? I don't mind waiting a little bit longer but I've already waited three years, not sure I can hold out any longer šŸ˜…
Gonna be real with you, I fully expect 2020 reservation holders to be bumped to 2023.
Secondly, if you -need- a vehicle right now or very soon just buy a Ranger. You can't order a MY22 Bronco right now anyways, so you are guaranteed to be waiting till December at the absolute earliest unless someone abandons their order and the dealer doesn't add markup.

Sponsored

Planet_Express_IV

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

How do you like your OBX? I love the look of it. Been so tempted between that, the BD and the Base+Squatch.
When I was trying to decide what to order I really liked the Big Bend and OBX grille, but what helped make the decision was that I wanted the advanced transfer case for the availability of 4A, but preferred creature comforts over outright off road capability out of the box. You can get the advanced transfer case on a base Sasquatch package equipped model, but then you're looking to have the side steps installed at the dealer, aftermarket, or whatever vs being installed on the assembly line with the vehicle. That's easy enough to retrofit, but what isn't, is the MIC roof, the extra sound deadening of the OBX high package, the 12" display with 360 degree cameras etc.

The minimum trim levels where the advanced transfer case is even available as a stand alone option is the Black Diamond and then the OBX. Otherwise it requires the Sasquatch package on base and Big Bend.

I really like it so far. I would not have been as happy I think with the base plus Sasquatch package personally, but if you want to wheel it often and can't afford the Wildtrak with HOSS 3.0 upgrade for bits off the raptor, it's every bit as capable as the rest of the Sasquatch equipped models etc.

Choose based on your preferences and budget, knowing that the 23MY will be more expensive than the mid year 22 pricing actions etc.

OP
OP

Squiblo

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Gonna be real with you, I fully expect 2020 reservation holders to be bumped to 2023.
Secondly, if you -need- a vehicle right now or very soon just buy a Ranger. You can't order a MY22 Bronco right now anyways, so you are guaranteed to be waiting till December at the absolute earliest unless someone abandons their order and the dealer doesn't add markup.
I honestly might do that. One other question I do have, not sure if you know the answer to it; do the dealer employee plans transfer from dealership to dealership or is it for x employee but only at x dealership? Wondering Incase I do buy from another dealership.

OP
OP

Squiblo

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
When I was trying to decide what to order I really liked the Big Bend and OBX grille, but what helped make the decision was that I wanted the advanced transfer case for the availability of 4A, but preferred creature comforts over outright off road capability out of the box. You can get the advanced transfer case on a base Sasquatch package equipped model, but then you're looking to have the side steps installed at the dealer, aftermarket, or whatever vs being installed on the assembly line with the vehicle. That's easy enough to retrofit, but what isn't, is the MIC roof, the extra sound deadening of the OBX high package, the 12" display with 360 degree cameras etc.

The minimum trim levels where the advanced transfer case is even available as a stand alone option is the Black Diamond and then the OBX. Otherwise it requires the Sasquatch package on base and Big Bend.

I really like it so far. I would not have been as happy I think with the base plus Sasquatch package personally, but if you want to wheel it often and can't afford the Wildtrak with HOSS 3.0 upgrade for bits off the raptor, it's every bit as capable as the rest of the Sasquatch equipped models etc.

Choose based on your preferences and budget, knowing that the 23MY will be more expensive than the mid year 22 pricing actions etc.
Appreciate the answer! Those are very similar thoughts to what I'm thinking. You're making me lean towards the OBX now. I know you mentioned you got yours under the A plan, I assume you work for Ford Corporate then? Id like to learn more about the different plans my dealership offers but it says that Ford has to invite you to it and I'm not sure how to go about doing that.

710-oil-614

Big Bend
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor, 2010 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Hello there folks, new member here with some questions! Before I get to my question, I should offer some background information. First off, I actually do work for a dealership that owns a Ford shop, I'm no sales person but I do work in the detail center. Ever since I first saw the Bronco revealed, it was love at first sight. Having been able to actually detail some of the new Broncos and getting to check them out has only increased my love for them. I would really like to get a Bronco as it wouldn't only be my dream car, but would also be my first car. The first question I have is, would it even be feasible to get one? With the prices and the insane markups some of the dealerships have, has made affording one seem unlikely. I'm aware that there's the A/Z, D, and X plan offered by Ford but I don't know much about them other than having to be invited to it by Ford. Would I even be eligible for any type of savings as a dealership detailer? Next question I have is, what trim/spec would best suite me? Since I stated this would be my first car, I really don't know how I should even spec it out. I live on 10 acres and we have a dirt back road and in the winter time, it becomes an absolute mud field. Would definitely need something that can handle such muddy terrain. I would also love to go off roading and go overlanding but have no clue what trim would best suite my needs. I would use this as my daily driver and would definitely mod it out over time. As of now, I'm stuck between the base 4 door + sasquatch or if I should just get a base big bend, outer bank etc and no sasquatch. My budget is very limited so I don't have too much to splurge. I'm currently still saving as I was planning on getting my vehicle around the end of summer/fall. As of now the highest I can do realistically is 42k and that would be with a 28k-30k down deposit as I'll have around that much saved up by then. I would ideally like to keep the total cost under 40k. Again though, with the shortage and the insane markups, I'm doubting I would even be able to get one. I've been thinking and if I am eligible for the employee discount/saving, would it be more worth it to try and order a new Bronco(if we even can, was told I would have to wait until Oct for orders to open again) or try my luck at getting one from the Ford Dealership that I guess I work for and see if the employee payment/discount would make it more affordable(reason I mention this is due to the sad fact that the dealership I work for, is asking over for MSRP for the trims I've been looking at). I really have no idea what to do, what I can do(other than wait) or what to do. I would really love to get a Bronco as my first car but from what I've gathered, that just isn't likely to be possible right now. I live in PA, an hour away from Philly so if any fellow Pennsylvanians have any advice or good dealerships to lookout for, do let me know please. If I'm missing any information that could be useful in providing me more help/insight, feel free to ask and I'll do my best to get it to you. If I can't snag a Bronco then my backup plan was to either get a Mazda CX-5/50 or the Ford Ranger/Bronco Sport :/. I also forgot to mention, but I'm still in school(college) so my parents would be there to help me with the paperwork and all that, only real thing I have to do is find a vehicle I want and save enough for it(which I have been doing for over 3 years now due to the pandemic and insane car market prices).
I'm in Ohio and I'll take $60k for my 22 BaseSquatch =)

Planet_Express_IV

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Appreciate the answer! Those are very similar thoughts to what I'm thinking. You're making me lean towards the OBX now. I know you mentioned you got yours under the A plan, I assume you work for Ford Corporate then? Id like to learn more about the different plans my dealership offers but it says that Ford has to invite you to it and I'm not sure how to go about doing that.
It means that I or an immediate family member works for the company to qualify for A plan, Z plan means the sponsor was retired from Ford.

To be eligible for the D plan you'd need to enrolled in the STARS system with your dealership then log in to www.dplan.dealerconnection.com to generate the pin.
Sponsored