First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sedan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
@Ford Motor Company why do you keep asking for people to private message and send you their VIN and when we do you just tell us to go to our parts counter at our dealers? The ON BOARD storage bags are NOT available from the dealers. Nobody has been able to get them, only the GARAGE storage bags.

Why the need for private messaging if you're just giving generic "contact your dealer" auto replies? I love my Bronco (and I'm well aware I'm one of the lucky few that has their Bronco) but I've been trying to get a solid answer to this since March when I realized my order didn't transfer the storage bags. Really wish the build and price builds we did via our Ford accounts were just electronically confirmed.
Agreed! Many of us want to know the answer to this question. I really don't understand why garage bags are even made. Can't the on-board bags also be used to store the doors in garage? As far as I can tell the only difference in the bags is the garage bags don't come with the hardware for on board storage.
Sponsored

OP
OP
LetRBuck

LetRBuck

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C7 Corvette, Toyota Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So after seeing this thread was getting some new activity I decided to try again. Notice @Ford Motor Company has reached out twice to me in this thread. I sent a PM as requested and after providing all the information I was sent a generic response to contact Ford Marketing.

Which I did. They knew nothing and said I needed to talk with Ford e-commerce (parts). They put me through and of course the call dropped (seems like this happens to me every time I call. One of their people even said their phone system is terrible.) So I call back again. Go through the whole reasoning with marketing again and get the e-commerce number.

Call e commerce and talked with a very nice lady about in vehicle storage bags who after some research told me “the garage bags are available online” (insert face palm here). Tried again and she did more research, took my email and said they would get back to me.

Got an email back with what I assume are the four part numbers for each bag and also “they are not available at this time with no expected date”. So there it is. Confirmation that Ford would offer a vehicle with doors that can be stored in the vehicle and yet no way to do that unless you ordered after it was on B&P.

Finally the note ends with a suggestion to register on the site and take advantage of a parts sale promotion. So tone deaf.

Oh and of course the note said “do not reply as it may go unnoticed”. I replied anyway.

Keaton_kelley

Outer Banks
First Name
Keaton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So after seeing this thread was getting some new activity I decided to try again. Notice @Ford Motor Company has reached out twice to me in this thread. I sent a PM as requested and after providing all the information I was sent a generic response to contact Ford Marketing.

Which I did. They knew nothing and said I needed to talk with Ford e-commerce (parts). They put me through and of course the call dropped (seems like this happens to me every time I call. One of their people even said their phone system is terrible.) So I call back again. Go through the whole reasoning with marketing again and get the e-commerce number.

Call e commerce and talked with a very nice lady about in vehicle storage bags who after some research told me “the garage bags are available online” (insert face palm here). Tried again and she did more research, took my email and said they would get back to me.

Got an email back with what I assume are the four part numbers for each bag and also “they are not available at this time with no expected date”. So there it is. Confirmation that Ford would offer a vehicle with doors that can be stored in the vehicle and yet no way to do that unless you ordered after it was on B&P.

Finally the note ends with a suggestion to register on the site and take advantage of a parts sale promotion. So tone deaf.

Oh and of course the note said “do not reply as it may go unnoticed”. I replied anyway.
I also have the same bag issue that this thread is filled with. I was told by my dealer that the bags I was getting were the right bags. Come to find out they were the garage bags that I’m sure I’m stuck with at this point. I also spent time on the phone with Ford marketing today and they told me that a supervisor would get back to me within 48 hours. I’m sure the supervisor will be extremely helpful.

Sponsored

SigSauer226

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Ford Mustang Fastback, 2011 Ford Mustang G
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes those are the ones they sent me.
I don't get that they're not available. I'm sure they are mass produced and they're available with the B&P. Why not thru parts? It doesn't seem like a heavy lift to my but of course I'm not in the industry. I'm just saying, I understand the chip shortage and the roof problems due to design or manufacture problems, but the bags are available via one method but not another?

Is there any aftermarket company making them on the horizon?

etmccaus86

Base
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BaseSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

This is 1000% par for the course for OEM automaker social teams on vehicle forums: promise to help over DM, then totally whiff at bat, largely because the team at the other end have no clue what they're talking about. I'm honestly surprised they were actually able to lock on to the fact you didn't want the garage bags...

OP
OP
LetRBuck

LetRBuck

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't get that they're not available. I'm sure they are mass produced and they're available with the B&P. Why not thru parts? It doesn't seem like a heavy lift to my but of course I'm not in the industry. I'm just saying, I understand the chip shortage and the roof problems due to design or manufacture problems, but the bags are available via one method but not another?

Is there any aftermarket company making them on the horizon?
No idea. I think the most frustrating thing is that no one seems to care or try to fix it.

My dealers response: “don’t know what to tell you, I have no idea what you’re talking about”. Should have been: “I will call Ford and get to the bottom of this”.

Ford parts should have been “you’re right that doesn’t make sense, I will make sure this is brought to management’s attention”.

Guess I expect too much. Like customer service.

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes those are the ones they sent me.
Let me check system notes to see if they have a vendor issue or packager problem. Other thing to consider is not being able to store 2d in the back so might be a good excuse to get the garage storage bags.

OP
OP
LetRBuck

LetRBuck

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Let me check system notes to see if they have a vendor issue or packager problem. Other thing to consider is not being able to store 2d in the back so might be a good excuse to get the garage storage bags.
Thanks. I have a four door MIC BL coming. I want the in vehicle ones because they can work in vehicle and garage.

Sponsored

bytheway

Badlands
First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Should make this a sticky. MODIFY YOUR ORDERS TO INCLUDE STORAGE BAGS ELSE YOU CAN NOT GET THEM.

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

They have a hand full coming from the packager that should have arrived in the depot already. Had my parts manager put in a backorder for a bunch of them. Stupid they don't sell these as a "blue box" set but who want's to buy a whole set if just one gets torn.

If there's adequate interest, I may try to get 100 of each and try to sell in sets for 2d and 4d. All of this will depend on Ford's ability to get adequate supply.

SigSauer226

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Ford Mustang Fastback, 2011 Ford Mustang G
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

They have a hand full coming from the packager that should have arrived in the depot already. Had my parts manager put in a backorder for a bunch of them. Stupid they don't sell these as a "blue box" set but who want's to buy a whole set if just one gets torn.

If there's adequate interest, I may try to get 100 of each and try to sell in sets for 2d and 4d. All of this will depend on Ford's ability to get adequate supply.

I'm definitely interested. My dealer is trying but I'll take first place I can get them. I'm 4DR Badlands Sasquatch.

Jim

OP
OP
LetRBuck

LetRBuck

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am interested (can you tell?!?). I ordered in January and the bags weren’t available to add. So I bet if you find the orders between the opening and when they became available you till have an idea of demand.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

So $51 per bag and the BnP is charging $350?

Honestly all, I'm getting the bags because I'm holding out for a hard top, But there's a slim chance you're going to be able to put these in the back of your Bronco. They take up the entire area. So unless you plan on keeping the cargo area completely empty there's really not much of a point.

I mean they market it as if off-roaders are going to put the doors in the back, But have you ever seen the cargo area of an off-roader? Tools, recovery gear, refrigerators/ice chest.
Sponsored