James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Ford Mustang Fastback, 2011 Ford Mustang G
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So I searched the part numbers for the door bags and I found a bunch of online Ford dealer parts stores that appear to have them available. I went ahead and ordered parts a b c and d which are the door bags from a dealer up in Minnesota. They were $51 each with a discount down to 44. As soon as I submitted the order I realized the diagram posted on this thread shows the strap as being a separate part number. I went back and put the part number for the securing strap into the Ford website and it shows the strap cost alone as $446!

Something is wrong here with these part numbers. Either the part number for the strap is the strap plus all the door bags for $446 which is $116 more than the price on B&P or Ford is really screwing us if that price alone is just for the strap and you still have to buy the door bags. I don't see how the strap alone could cost more than the entire package.

One more point, I called the dealer up in Minnesota I spoke to the parts guy. He basically told me we don't have this part so I cancelled the order.

This needs more research. The door bags at $51 seen cheap while the strap is ridiculously overpriced. Even if that price includes all four bags with the strap it's still overpriced. We either need to get to the bottom of this through Ford or somebody has to come out with an aftermarket option. I'm wondering if there's a way to buy the four bags for $190 and then rig up some kind of strap system to secure it in?
Sponsored

R11

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.basequatch.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Base Sasquatch 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

So I searched the part numbers for the door bags and I found a bunch of online Ford dealer parts stores that appear to have them available. I went ahead and ordered parts a b c and d which are the door bags from a dealer up in Minnesota. They were $51 each with a discount down to 44. As soon as I submitted the order I realized the diagram posted on this thread shows the strap as being a separate part number. I went back and put the part number for the securing strap into the Ford website and it shows the strap cost alone as $446!

Something is wrong here with these part numbers. Either the part number for the strap is the strap plus all the door bags for $446 which is $116 more than the price on B&P or Ford is really screwing us if that price alone is just for the strap and you still have to buy the door bags. I don't see how the strap alone could cost more than the entire package.

One more point, I called the dealer up in Minnesota I spoke to the parts guy. He basically told me we don't have this part so I cancelled the order.

This needs more research. The door bags at $51 seen cheap while the strap is ridiculously overpriced. Even if that price includes all four bags with the strap it's still overpriced. We either need to get to the bottom of this through Ford or somebody has to come out with an aftermarket option. I'm wondering if there's a way to buy the four bags for $190 and then rig up some kind of strap system to secure it in?
I see you Sig.

Yeah, I did the same thing and talked to Fairway, who couldn't figure out quite what was going on with the strap part number. I kinda think it's just half baked, and when we find part numbers that are NOT yet live on the Ford Bronco Accessories store, stuff just isn't finalized yet or something.

TripleB

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Base Sas 2.7L, 2023 GMC AT4 HDD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Sounds like were going to have to wait. I also want some door hangers to mount on my garage walls, waiting on aftermarket for that. SEMA will be full of goodies.... with 2022 availability.

Old Hound

Wildtrak
First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

This has been touched on in other threads but I haven’t found exactly what I’m looking for.

I have a 4 door Badlands currently in production. When I ordered in January the in-vehicle storage bags were not available to add to the order (what my dealer told me, “we will just order through the parts dept when it gets closer”).
Now I’ve been trying to get them ordered so I have somewhere protected to store the doors when I receive the vehicle. After many back and forth emails including my sending links and pictures of what I am talking about, the dealer and their parts department have no idea how to get these for me. Apparently only garage storage bags are available through Ford accessories.
Can someone that has gotten these tell me how they did it? Or a dealer that has figured out how to get them outside of a new Bronco order?
[/Q
Somewhere along the line I read that you can only get the onboard storage bags with the Bronco at the time you place the order. If you order the bags afterward they are the garage storage bags.
since I don't have a vin. number yet I was able to contact mt dealer and get them added to my build.
The two bags the Bronco comes with are for the front roof panels, if you have the MIC roof.

kimmnen

Badlands
First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Transit Connect & '22 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks. I have a four door MIC BL coming. I want the in vehicle ones because they can work in vehicle and garage.
Do you have a VIN? Maybe it is not too late to add. I am "assuming" my order code below is correct. I too ordered the 4dr and initially thought I would get the bags later but then saw the dealer option as for "garage storage." I wasn't planning on in vehicle use but wanted the option along with the garage storage use. I added the in vehicle bags after my initial order and had to clarify with the dealer to get the correct bags, not the garage storage bags. They did not show the in vehicle bags as being available from the dealer and they had to use the B&P info to get the correct bags to change my order. The dealer option showed as STORAGE - DOOR BAG (FHLAC), the added factory order option now shows STORAGE BAG - ROOF & DOOR (BECAE). Guess I will find out if they got it correct in '22.
The factory set includes the roof bags that are standard with MIC but deleted and then added back in as a complete door/roof set. Maybe the base roof panel bags are not set up to be secured with the door system thus the change.
Question to those that have changed to a soft top to get a Bronco now; have you been able to keep the in vehicle bags if it was in the original order? If you ordered the factory in vehicle bags it seems the in vehicle bags would be deleted if you change to a soft top as they include 2 bags for the mic roof panels. I have not seen a set up in B&P for just the in vehicle door bags and the bags cannot be selected with soft top. I can see there would be an issue loading the doors with soft top in place but there are images featuring in vehicle storage with out a top so it would be nice to give the customer that option especially if you now get a hard top prep with the soft top build. Will the future hard top if offered from the dealer include the panel bags? Will you be able to purchase a roof rack without vehicle trim ID?
Ford Bronco In vehicle door storage bags 🙄 1630159654732

Sponsored
OP
OP
LetRBuck

LetRBuck

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C7 Corvette, Toyota Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Do you have a VIN? Maybe it is not too late to add. I am "assuming" my order code below is correct. I too ordered the 4dr and initially thought I would get the bags later but then saw the dealer option as for "garage storage." I wasn't planning on in vehicle use but wanted the option along with the garage storage use. I added the in vehicle bags after my initial order and had to clarify with the dealer to get the correct bags, not the garage storage bags. They did not show the in vehicle bags as being available from the dealer and they had to use the B&P info to get the correct bags to change my order. The dealer option showed as STORAGE - DOOR BAG (FHLAC), the added factory order option now shows STORAGE BAG - ROOF & DOOR (BECAE). Guess I will find out if they got it correct in '22.
The factory set includes the roof bags that are standard with MIC but deleted and then added back in as a complete door/roof set. Maybe the base roof panel bags are not set up to be secured with the door system thus the change.
Question to those that have changed to a soft top to get a Bronco now; have you been able to keep the in vehicle bags if it was in the original order? If you ordered the factory in vehicle bags it seems the in vehicle bags would be deleted if you change to a soft top as they include 2 bags for the mic roof panels. I have not seen a set up in B&P for just the in vehicle door bags and the bags cannot be selected with soft top. I can see there would be an issue loading the doors with soft top in place but there are images featuring in vehicle storage with out a top so it would be nice to give the customer that option especially if you now get a hard top prep with the soft top build. Will the future hard top if offered from the dealer include the panel bags? Will you be able to purchase a roof rack without vehicle trim ID?
Ford Bronco In vehicle door storage bags 🙄 1630159654732
Yes mine is built waiting for the new MIC top.

bytheway

Badlands
First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

E738FE85-2F5D-445F-8345-30CFF4F8E321.jpeg

one800higgins

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I thought these came standard for some reason. Just emailed my dealer asking them to add equipment group 87D to my soft top order. Hopefully they are successful.

Ford has truly made this whole process unnecessarily confusing. So many weird issues and conflicts that are specific to each trim level.

Bubba007

Wildtrak
First Name
Robby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 platinum supercrew
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Designkid

Badlands
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If there's adequate interest, I may try to get 100 of each and try to sell in sets for 2d and 4d. All of this will depend on Ford's ability to get adequate supply.
Is there a 2d version? Doors from a 2d won't fit in 4d bags.

MrGreen55

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
toyota scion xb
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Is there a 2d version? Doors from a 2d won't fit in 4d bags.
The order guide say's this
Ford Bronco In vehicle door storage bags 🙄 Capture.JPG

Ford website for a 2 door badlands come with this included
Ford Bronco In vehicle door storage bags 🙄 Capture 2.JPG

But for the door bag's it does say they will work for all bronco models so
Ford Bronco In vehicle door storage bags 🙄 Capture3.JPG

I think you can buy the $350 bags for a 2 door but I think that @Zach@Granger question.

CO-Bronco

Badlands
First Name
CO-Bronco
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 - 4dr - Cyber Orange - Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Damn - Just realized the B&P Bags were missing from my order.
Def. following this thread.

This might be Badge worthy.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
This is 1000% par for the course for OEM automaker social teams on vehicle forums: promise to help over DM, then totally whiff at bat, largely because the team at the other end have no clue what they're talking about. I'm honestly surprised they were actually able to lock on to the fact you didn't want the garage bags...
You should have been there for my interaction with the SUV team yesterday, what a train wreck. My two questions:

Where is my Bronco?

Why hasn't it been shipped when it has been paid for?

The SUV team couldn't provide me with ANY information. While the woman who called was very pleasant, she was far less informed than I was. Further, she stated that she did not have access to any information regarding my vehicle, which is certainly not her fault (she cannot possibly know what she does not have access to).

As she attempted to struggle for answers, she suggested that the reason that my Bronco had not shipped was "COVID"! Seriously?!? How long does Ford think that it can keep coaching employees to use that as an excuse? Especially, when it is common knowledge that COVID doesn't have anything to do with why my Bronco is stuck at the Dirt Mountain Storage Complex.

Despite her best efforts, this employee was unable to tell me anything about the status of my order and clearly stated that she had no information on the status of my Bronco, whether or not it was built, whether or not it was shipped, where it was supposed to be shipped to, or even whether or not it was paid for already. The employee didn't even know what WBDO (Web based Dealer Ordering) or WDMO (Worldwide Direct Market Operations) orders were or that there was a difference between the two. Honestly, it was rather embarrassing how little she knew.

At one point, she suggested that I call the Bronco line at 800-334-4375 Option 3, which I have done in the past, and have tired of receiving the standard excuses like my "vehicle is missing chips", "COVID ate my homework", or that my "Bronco is still in production and not yet built" which we also know are not accurate statements.

Ford shouldn't set their employees up to fail this hard. I really felt bad for the woman (and treated her kindly throughout the call). She desperately wanted to close the ticket, but I held firm that I didn't want the ticket closed until the problem was resolved. I requested that a supervisor call me (and was told 24-48 hours I would receive a call). Good luck getting any useful response from them.