First Name
Parker
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
First time poster, long time lurker. Thrilled owner of a Area 51 OBX 4DR that just hit 3000 miles and was inspected a few weeks back. MSRP with options was around $52k, but NC Division of Motor Vehicles thinks that property tax value is just $27,620 which would be closer to a base model. Called my insurance company who promised it wouldn't be an issue if there was a claim, but registration card arrived today that lists the Make/series as "Ford" and has the Brand field empty.

Not that I'm complaining about a lower property tax bill, but anyone else had issues with trim differences and property values? Checked the VIN against all the relevant paperwork and no errors there, so best guess is that the state wasn't ready for a new model and related trims.
Sponsored

OP
OP
First Name
Parker
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Take the gift of lower taxes for their screw-up. They are probably using Bronco Sport values :LOL:
I won't argue with saving a few hundred, just want to make sure I haven't screwed something up as @69BroncoX302 pointed out, don't want to get stuck with a tax bill in a few years...

Sponsored

UberGadgetFreak

First Edition
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 FE Bronco 22 FE Mav, 23 Mav Tremor, 03 Marauder
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Welcome to North Carolina.
Yeah, they are appraising it like it's a Sport (my county did the same to mine). You should be able to call the local county tax assessor's office and request an appeal of the value. If its like my county, you will have to explain to them like they are 6 years old that "Bronco" and "Bronco Sport" are two entirely different vehicles that don't share the same platform. I ended up having to take mine to the county assessors office and show them it wasn't a "Sport".

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I won't argue with saving a few hundred, just want to make sure I haven't screwed something up as @69BroncoX302 pointed out, don't want to get stuck with a tax bill in a few years...
The government gave you a tax bill, it is your job to pay it, not question the wisdom of their decision. No way can they come back years later demanding more when you paid their bill in full. Is that a one time or annual tax? Worse case, they catch the mistake next year and the amount due changes then.

Blitzjb

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

We pay sales tax for vehicles in NY. How much tax do you end up paying for states with "property tax" on vehicles?

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

No way can they come back years later demanding more when you paid their bill in full.
That's the funniest thing I've heard in a long time.

Sponsored

Will2497

Badlands
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

We pay sales tax for vehicles in NY. How much tax do you end up paying for states with "property tax" on vehicles?
They pay sales tax as well but annual property tax at least NC and VA. And the value taxed changes every year, not always downward

Be glad they didn't value it with $20k ADM.

But the registration card is obviously wrong
Sponsored