Sponsored

Inexpensive Quality Door Sill Protectors!

reigny

Outer Banks
First Name
Karen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ninja 650, 2003 Honda Shadow Ace
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I was thinking about getting the door sill protectors from Ford when I found this product from StickerFab. The whole kit was $14.95
https://www.stickerfab.com/.../door-sill-protectors-2021...
Great quality vinyl, easy to put on and looks great! I love how they fold over for extra protection. I just put them on today so not sure how long they will last but the quality seems really good.
Ford Bronco Inexpensive Quality Door Sill Protectors! 1640372630948

Ford Bronco Inexpensive Quality Door Sill Protectors! 1640372643176
Ford Bronco Inexpensive Quality Door Sill Protectors! 1640372652714
Sponsored

Natai

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Sentra, Mercedes GLC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Been thinking of these as well.
Are they completely smooth, or is there some texture to them?

zombie

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands (7spd) 2022 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just went with xpel door sill kit, clear/invisible when installed and like $20 on Amazon.

OP
OP
reigny

reigny

Outer Banks
First Name
Karen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ninja 650, 2003 Honda Shadow Ace
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Been thinking of these as well.
Are they completely smooth, or is there some texture to them?
These are the carbon black and they do have some texture to them. Iā€™m not sure if the other colors do.

Sponsored

talbot

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr BL AMB
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I put them on as well
They look good and help protect the sill
There is a slight texture but not what you might think for traction if stepped on

Blksn955.o

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Ford Escape Ti, 94 Ford Mustang GT, 21 BL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I used the mat black ones, the daughter is always stepping there and so glad I got them.

RednWhite89

Badlands
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1989 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just went with xpel door sill kit, clear/invisible when installed and like $20 on Amazon.
How was install? Just got the kit for Xmas, never applied PPF before. Want to get larger coverage and take it up the sides more, but also fold down over that front lip like shown in the sticker fab pics. You think that's too aggressive with opposing curves?

zombie

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands (7spd) 2022 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How was install? Just got the kit for Xmas, never applied PPF before. Want to get larger coverage and take it up the sides more, but also fold down over that front lip like shown in the sticker fab pics. You think that's too aggressive with opposing curves?
Super simple, I cut the roll down to 2x16" for the rear sills and 2x22" for the fronts (I think, my memory sucks). I folded the vinyl down over the lip of the sill maybe 1/4" to 1/2".

I'd get pics but I doubt it would even show up since it's clear film.

Just get an old spray bottle and put a couple drops of liquid dishwashing soap in and then maybe half the bottle of water, give it a bit of a shake to get some suds in the bottle.

Then just spray the heck out of the back of the film and the place you're putting it (make sure the sills are super clean before hand). The film will move freely as long as there's still soapy water behind them, so you can easily reposition it.

I didn't even use the squeegee that came with the kit, I just used a clean damp shop towel to work the water out from behind the film (make sure to hold the film in place whilst you do, or it will likely move)

If things don't go so well, pull the film up before it has a chance to set and start over with liberally spraying the back of the film and the work area again.

wrbix

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LR Def90, F250 7.3, Caterham 7, LR Series III, etc
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I plan to apply Raptor linerā€¦.can tint to match body colorā€¦they have a traction additiveā€¦.can mask off whatever larger area one prefersā€¦.can apply with a smooth foam roller or brush for a smooth (not shiny) finish or a Sherpa-like roller for that bed liner like finish.
Touch up as needed in future(but canā€™t purchase less than about a quart as far as I know) . Not inexpensive but looks cheaper than sill protectors. Also plan rear door sill (dog claws play hell on that area).

RednWhite89

Badlands
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1989 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Super simple, I cut the roll down to 2x16" for the rear sills and 2x22" for the fronts (I think, my memory sucks). I folded the vinyl down over the lip of the sill maybe 1/4" to 1/2".

I'd get pics but I doubt it would even show up since it's clear film.

Just get an old spray bottle and put a couple drops of liquid dishwashing soap in and then maybe half the bottle of water, give it a bit of a shake to get some suds in the bottle.

Then just spray the heck out of the back of the film and the place you're putting it (make sure the sills are super clean before hand). The film will move freely as long as there's still soapy water behind them, so you can easily reposition it.

I didn't even use the squeegee that came with the kit, I just used a clean damp shop towel to work the water out from behind the film (make sure to hold the film in place whilst you do, or it will likely move)

If things don't go so well, pull the film up before it has a chance to set and start over with liberally spraying the back of the film and the work area again.
Appreciate the tips!
Sponsored