John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150 Raptor, 1978 F100, 2016 Ducati Scrambler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Yes, but not in my Black Diamond lol
All the cords should be orange to match the Badlands trim in the seats/grab handles/badge.
Sponsored

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Congrats on your rig. Sorry you moved to Maryland. This state blows. Next, did you register the vehicle in Maryland when you picked it up in Arizona? If you didn’t ,unless you are current military, you will have to register in Maryland and they charge a fee that mimics sales tax on the value of your vehicle in order to get the registration and tag(s). Front plate state. I don't know if Az has a sales tax, but Md sure does. See, I told you this place blows. Enjoy your Bronco. It looks great.

linbackr99

Wildtrak
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor Crew
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Looks great!! That is a color that does need to be seen in person! I have seen a few Rangers and Bronks in that color and really like it a lot.

Congrats to you . . . mine took 20 months but it came (March 28th, 2022) with everything I wanted and just 2000 miles in and could not be more pleased . . . also traded in a (17) Raptor that I loved but have not been disappointed!!

BEST!!

LSBronco13

Wildtrak
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
So I accepted delivery of my '21 2.7L Black Diamond w/hardtop, sasquatch, and mid package a couple of weekends ago. I moved to Maryland this year so I flew back to AZ to pick it up from the dealer I ordered with, Rodeo Ford (no ADM and was an easy experience).

My jaw dropped when my Uber dropped me off in front of the dealership from the Phx Skyharbor Airport. They had my Bronco freshly detailed and sitting out front of the dealership under a little tent. There was already a couple shoppers ooohing and aahhhhing over it. The salesman took care of any final remaining paperwork and helped me sync my phone with the Bronco and let me give it a good once over before driving off with it. My pre-acceptance observations were:
-There was a blemish on the top of the windshield, looks like a drip of melted glass or something, dealer said I can replace with warranty.
-Cactus Gray in person is absolutely amazing, especially on a full size Bronco, and even more so on a BD w/ the contrasting MIC color.
-MGV seats feel very premium and I am very pleased with them.
-The factory put an orange elastic cord on the passenger side seatback, kind of annoying.
-MIC top looks of. Some edges look a little rough but I'm not overly worried. That's what warranty is for.

I then popped the top off and made a couple stops in the PHX west valley. It was great with the windows down and front roof panels off. Wind buffeting above 50ish was a little annoying but rolling up the windows helped that. I traded in a 2011 Raptor for it and the ride is sort of similar. Cushy suspension and plenty of power. But with the shorter and narrower wheelbase, the Bronco feels way more nimble and peppier. It feels like a lifted go-cart or buggy, in a good way. The front fenders don't really catch anything from the sasquatch tires, after 3 miles and driving on dry roads I still had dirt on the side doors.

I then proceeded to hit the highway to get back to MD. I had plans to stop and hit Schnebley Hill in Sedona but was up against the clock and decided to get home as fast as I could. Really comfortable on the highway. I activated the lane assist and it wasn't bothersome at all. It holds a line really well and I only experienced getting blown around once, in Oklahoma. My driver side mirror whistled the first day, but hasn't whistled since. Sound system definitely isn't as nice as the raptor's but even on the highway I could hear fine with it turned to 11-13.

I''ve got some parts sitting in the basement I plan on throwing on once I get a free weekend and I'll probably start a build journal for that. I got teary-eyed trading in my Raptor but I absolutely love the Bronco. It looks incredible, will get me to any backcountry trailhead I want to get to, and handles just great in the city. Despite waiting an eternity for it, I still feel like it was worth it.

PXL_20220429_181239361.jpg

PXL_20220429_220414686.jpg

PXL_20220430_185123683.jpg

PXL_20220504_070206103.jpg

PXL_20220503_150024508.jpg

PXL_20220509_194900001.jpg
My build color on WT is Cactus Grey too. I have traveled to Sedona, AZ. and driving my new Bronco off road their is on my to do list.

Sponsored

Austin Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Triumph Street Scrambler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Congrats! I also have a 4 door BD SAS, but am rocking the 2.3L. I think the most important thing for me is it puts a smile on my face every time I drive it. Look back every time I get out and think “damn I got the best ride at this mofo”.

KirchTX

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Great post. Any concern about engine break in period just on highway or not really? I’m planning on a return trip from Iowa thru Ozarks and back to Texas.

One day Bronco in Sedona is definitely on the to do list.

OP
OP
Its Brawnco

Its Brawnco

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Congrats on your rig. Sorry you moved to Maryland. This state blows. Next, did you register the vehicle in Maryland when you picked it up in Arizona? If you didn’t ,unless you are current military, you will have to register in Maryland and they charge a fee that mimics sales tax on the value of your vehicle in order to get the registration and tag(s). Front plate state. I don't know if Az has a sales tax, but Md sure does. See, I told you this place blows. Enjoy your Bronco. It looks great.
Luckily I'm military and maintaining my AZ residency/registration, so no ugly front plate for me!

Great post. Any concern about engine break in period just on highway or not really? I’m planning on a return trip from Iowa thru Ozarks and back to Texas.

One day Bronco in Sedona is definitely on the to do list.
Engine break-in exclusively on the highway was a little bit of a concern; but a lot of what I read said either break-ins aren't really a thing anymore in new cars or that for the break-in period you just need to avoid high rpms or red lined acceleration, which I avoided both by cruising along at 80 mph in 10th gear.

KirchTX

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Luckily I'm military and maintaining my AZ residency/registration, so no ugly front plate for me!

Engine break-in exclusively on the highway was a little bit of a concern; but a lot of what I read said either break-ins aren't really a thing anymore in new cars or that for the break-in period you just need to avoid high rpms or red lined acceleration, which I avoided both by cruising along at 80 mph in 10th gear.
That's what I've gathered too. It might not be the most optimal break in method, but it's not going to break anything either.

KKCrunch

Outer Banks
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Flex
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Wow!! I had no idea there were 2021s still being delivered! That's freakin tragic. I do remember ice mountain posts after I took delivery of mine in December but didn't realize the same vehicles still hadn't been delivered.
WOW !!! Yah I took delivery on my 2022 Outer Banks back in February. Makes me wonder how many people are still waiting for their 2021. I did have switch to a soft top when I had to reorder for my 2022 back in Nov of 2021 to get a build date. Now I’m glad I did because it’s much more convenient when going fully topless. Honestly the road noise isn’t much different between a soft top and a MIC top and comfort in cold weather is no problem with the soft top. I live in Wisconsin and comfort inside the cabin at single digit temps was not a problem. Once I did switch for MIC to Soft Top it was built and delivered exactly when they said it would be.

Sponsored

Bo-Ronco

Badlands
First Name
Bo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 KR F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

WOW !!! Yah I took delivery on my 2022 Outer Banks back in February. Makes me wonder how many people are still waiting for their 2021. I did have switch to a soft top when I had to reorder for my 2022 back in Nov of 2021 to get a build date. Now I’m glad I did because it’s much more convenient when going fully topless. Honestly the road noise isn’t much different between a soft top and a MIC top and comfort in cold weather is no problem with the soft top. I live in Wisconsin and comfort inside the cabin at single digit temps was not a problem. Once I did switch for MIC to Soft Top it was built and delivered exactly when they said it would be.
I had to switch to a soft top as well and it ended up being such a blessing. I love my soft top and have no desire to buy a hard top now.

Summit981

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche Cayman, MINI GP2, MINI Countryman
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So I accepted delivery of my '21 2.7L Black Diamond w/hardtop, sasquatch, and mid package a couple of weekends ago. I moved to Maryland this year so I flew back to AZ to pick it up from the dealer I ordered with, Rodeo Ford (no ADM and was an easy experience).

My jaw dropped when my Uber dropped me off in front of the dealership from the Phx Skyharbor Airport. They had my Bronco freshly detailed and sitting out front of the dealership under a little tent. There was already a couple shoppers ooohing and aahhhhing over it. The salesman took care of any final remaining paperwork and helped me sync my phone with the Bronco and let me give it a good once over before driving off with it. My pre-acceptance observations were:
-There was a blemish on the top of the windshield, looks like a drip of melted glass or something, dealer said I can replace with warranty.
-Cactus Gray in person is absolutely amazing, especially on a full size Bronco, and even more so on a BD w/ the contrasting MIC color.
-MGV seats feel very premium and I am very pleased with them.
-The factory put an orange elastic cord on the passenger side seatback, kind of annoying.
-MIC top looks of. Some edges look a little rough but I'm not overly worried. That's what warranty is for.

I then popped the top off and made a couple stops in the PHX west valley. It was great with the windows down and front roof panels off. Wind buffeting above 50ish was a little annoying but rolling up the windows helped that. I traded in a 2011 Raptor for it and the ride is sort of similar. Cushy suspension and plenty of power. But with the shorter and narrower wheelbase, the Bronco feels way more nimble and peppier. It feels like a lifted go-cart or buggy, in a good way. The front fenders don't really catch anything from the sasquatch tires, after 3 miles and driving on dry roads I still had dirt on the side doors.

I then proceeded to hit the highway to get back to MD. I had plans to stop and hit Schnebley Hill in Sedona but was up against the clock and decided to get home as fast as I could. Really comfortable on the highway. I activated the lane assist and it wasn't bothersome at all. It holds a line really well and I only experienced getting blown around once, in Oklahoma. My driver side mirror whistled the first day, but hasn't whistled since. Sound system definitely isn't as nice as the raptor's but even on the highway I could hear fine with it turned to 11-13.

I''ve got some parts sitting in the basement I plan on throwing on once I get a free weekend and I'll probably start a build journal for that. I got teary-eyed trading in my Raptor but I absolutely love the Bronco. It looks incredible, will get me to any backcountry trailhead I want to get to, and handles just great in the city. Despite waiting an eternity for it, I still feel like it was worth it.

PXL_20220429_181239361.jpg

PXL_20220429_220414686.jpg

PXL_20220430_185123683.jpg

PXL_20220504_070206103.jpg

PXL_20220503_150024508.jpg

PXL_20220509_194900001.jpg
Great write-up on your experience. On your return to Maryland, where was that vintage Conoco gas station located?

OP
OP
Its Brawnco

Its Brawnco

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Great write-up on your experience. On your return to Maryland, where was that vintage Conoco gas station located?
It's off of old route 66 (now interstate 40) in Shamrock Texas

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
BD is my favorite trim...love the grill, headlights and especially the interior colors. I really wish they would have allowed high package on it or at least 12 inch screen for 2022. I'm really hoping I can get a grill like that aftermarket that allows front facing camera.
Sponsored