Sponsored

Install Notes on Baja Designs Triple Fog Light Kit w/KR Off-Road Brackets from 4x4TruckLEDs

vegetarianbarbarian

Wildtrak
First Name
Ara
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
First off, I'm an absolute rookie at writing up proper notes/reviews and barely functional when it comes to vehicle wiring. I did some work with headlights and a backup camera and some fog lights on my JKU, but that's the extent of my experience.

I also want to say that Adam and the 4x4TruckLEDs folks were incredibly responsive from my forum inquiries and even a customer support call. So I highly recommend them.

I went with the Triple Fog Light kit with the KR Off-Road brackets for 2 reasons. I really liked the look of the plug'n play harness and the KR brackets allowed for another set of Squadron lights vs the normal 2 pod Spot lights.

Although the install wasn't complicated, it's a bit of a pain to get the lights perfectly aligned, since we had to mount and unmount the brackets to the bumper quite a few times to things all lined up. Some of that is probably me just trying to learn, but also the flexibility of these KR brackets is also the challenge since the Baja Designs kit seems to have predetermined locations for the lights, so you don't have to shuffle the lights much for spacing.

One other note on the KR Bracket Kit. I ordered the extension brackets, which are helpful for the Squadron Lights, but would drop the S2 Spots too low on the outside of the bumper pocket anyways. So I ended up sticking with the Baja Designs brackets and just flipped the face plates.

I went with the following setup, all on my pre-wired with auxiliary switches Wildtrak.

Inside Lights (Aux3 switch) - Squadron Sport Driving/Combo. These are absolutely fantastic and so damn bright. Honestly I don't need headlights with these on.

Middle Lights (Aux1 switch) - Squadron SAE Wide Cornering Amber. I wanted to have the compliant lights and I like having some amber anyways. They look great and I'll post a picture with an observation on these as well.

Outside Lights (Aux2 switch) - S2 Sport Wide Cornering.

I'll post a few pictures and notes shortly.

All-in-all, very happy with the setup, wiring was a breeze, brightness is absolutely incredible, I really like my light combo. Setup and alignment was a PAIN.
Sponsored

OP
OP
vegetarianbarbarian

vegetarianbarbarian

Wildtrak
First Name
Ara
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Ford Bronco Install Notes on Baja Designs Triple Fog Light Kit w/KR Off-Road Brackets from 4x4TruckLEDs IMG_3903
Ford Bronco Install Notes on Baja Designs Triple Fog Light Kit w/KR Off-Road Brackets from 4x4TruckLEDs IMG_3904

Just showing the A/B/C connects to the existing switch wires, which are all hot. Awesome feature by Bronco so I didn't have to wire anything to the battery.

2nd picture is just showing where I bunched the extra wiring from the harness.

Sponsored

Natai

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Sentra, Mercedes GLC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Definitely interested in how this went for you.
I ordered a kit with those brackets and the Diode Dynamics lights. Still waiting on mine as I opted for the backlit SS3s.

OP
OP
vegetarianbarbarian

vegetarianbarbarian

Wildtrak
First Name
Ara
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Ford Bronco Install Notes on Baja Designs Triple Fog Light Kit w/KR Off-Road Brackets from 4x4TruckLEDs IMG_3901
Ford Bronco Install Notes on Baja Designs Triple Fog Light Kit w/KR Off-Road Brackets from 4x4TruckLEDs IMG_3902

It was a bit smoky out at night when I took these pics. I still need to take a picture facing out against the garage to see the light increase. I'll work on that. One thing you can see is how the Amber shows up much differently in the 2nd picture. I'm thinking that is the benefit of amber in foggy or hazy conditions.

OP
OP
vegetarianbarbarian

vegetarianbarbarian

Wildtrak
First Name
Ara
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Happy to answer questions or feedback. Feel free to DM me

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Pro Tip: You can actually tighten down the lights to the brackets almost all the way. There is still enough play to move the lights around after the fact. That's what I did on my truck. Tightened it all down and just muscled them left/right/up/down. It is a tight space with the Bronco opening so it makes it difficult to get to those side screws on the baja/diode lights.

And yes the harnesses that come with the baja lights can be thrown out, or saved for a future project. We have so many extra harnesses that we've STOPPED removing them from the boxes, as we were running out of places to hide them.

ericwayne

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I did the exact same set-up, right down to thinking the KR Bracket kit sat to low, ended up using the stock hardware and flipping the faces as well. I wired them differently on the upfitter switches used 3,4,5 sequentially to keep 1 and 2 open for higher draw items. All in all I am very pleased as well.
Ford Bronco Install Notes on Baja Designs Triple Fog Light Kit w/KR Off-Road Brackets from 4x4TruckLEDs 20211214_115935

Sponsored
OP
OP
vegetarianbarbarian

vegetarianbarbarian

Wildtrak
First Name
Ara
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I did the exact same set-up, right down to thinking the KR Bracket kit sat to low, ended up using the stock hardware and flipping the faces as well. I wired them differently on the upfitter switches used 3,4,5 sequentially to keep 1 and 2 open for higher draw items. All in all I am very pleased as well.
Yeah in hindsight I shouldn't have used switch one, which I think is a 30 amp. Maybe one day I'll change it if I have a new install.

Natai

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Sentra, Mercedes GLC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For those that have already installed, how hard would it be to tie other accessories into the included wiring harness?

I'm toying with the idea of getting the Oracle grille lights and connecting both those and the DD amber backlights into the same aux switch. Wondering if it would be easier to tie everything together at the front and just run the one wiring harness back, or run two separate sets of wires and join them at the aux switch wiring.

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Ford Bronco Install Notes on Baja Designs Triple Fog Light Kit w/KR Off-Road Brackets from 4x4TruckLEDs 20211214_115935
Professional Tip: You should space the lights out more. You've got room on that bracket to slide that S2 outwards more. Just my OCD :) Unless you have the ORIGINAL bracket, that didn't let you slide it out that far?

ericwayne

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Professional Tip: You should space the lights out more. You've got room on that bracket to slide that S2 outwards more. Just my OCD :) Unless you have the ORIGINAL bracket, that didn't let you slide it out that far?
Hmmm, you have me wandering if it did limit the movement and that's why I did it that way. No I will have to look tomorrow 😄

TX-Hans

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Escalade, '13 Jeep Wrangler, '21 Bronco FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
@4x4TruckLEDs.com What size PET expandable braided sleeve are you using for your wire harness? 1/2"?
Sponsored