First Name
Chrome
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2.3L Badlands High, 2017 LWN Duramax Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Heh, looks like y'all are getting the Alaska windshield experience.
Sponsored

Ryslegit

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I had tint installed on my windshield then a rock cracked it resulting in a replacement, then the following day another rock cracked the replacement. I decided it's not worth installing any film on the windshield whether it be tint or exoshield, doesn't seem worth it to me when my deducible is only $100.

KillerPenz

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Mine was $1620 for the Factory glass installed by Safelite. Fortunately, I was able to get the Construction Vehicle who threw the rock to pay for it.
Holy Hell, when I got a Factory glass replacement last August it was only $1050. You're talking almost $600 more, that's nuts.

THE Buckeye Bronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco, 2021 BMW M4 Comp
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Holy Hell, when I got a Factory glass replacement last August it was only $1050. You're talking almost $600 more, that's nuts.
That was the non-factory glass price for me. This was back in February; I wanted the Factory as it had the Bronco Logo on the bottom for the Drivers side around the Vin #.

LMF Bronc

Black Diamond
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The textured bug deflector is really a must for these vehicles... way fewer rocks and bugs hitting the windshield in general. That and decent mud flaps improve things 100%

Sponsored

Gary

Black Diamond
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The textured bug deflector is really a must for these vehicles... way fewer rocks and bugs hitting the windshield in general. That and decent mud flaps improve things 100%
I got the bug deflector and mud flaps. My windshield didn't last 2000 miles.

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I got the bug deflector and mud flaps. My windshield didn't last 2000 miles.
Sorry to hear but good to know :unsure:

NightShade

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 F150, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Not sure how that works or what they mean. You either have a separate deductible for glass or one regardless of what work is done. How would the deductible go up if used? Seems strange.
I have Travelers. Thought I was safe taking care of some windshields living in Colorado since they weren’t collision related, guess what? Wrong, while the claims aren’t as bad as an at fault collision, they certainly jacked with my premiums. Insurance companies have been turning the heat up on policy holders.

Underground Graphics

Badlands
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.undergroundgraphics.com
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco, 20 Jeep Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
We've had great experiences with ExoShield, ...which is why we now carry and install it. Is it a guarantee that it won't crack? No, but it's a hell of a lot better than nothing. I paid $595 over 3 years ago to have it installed on my Gladiator. Within a year the lamination failed, it was warrantied and replaced. SInce then, i'm still on the same film. Almost 4 years, and still the original glass as when I bought the Jeep. So, yeah, I'm a believer. I now have it on the Bronco and Wrangler as well. It's worth it, especially at the $199.00 rate for the new Ultra DIY kits. The Jeep installs are pretty simple, the Bronco installs will be a bit more difficult, but definately do-able.
Greg :)

22luxobx

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford F-150 SE
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Who do you have for insurance? I have Statefarm and have a separate glass coverage deductible at $100 and my comp/col are both $500 I know shelter has it included in there comp deductible but never heard of it increasing more it’s used. Might wanna double check that contract agreement. Unless you use one of those online companies I know those can’t get weird…

Sponsored

Fordmanfrombirth

Outer Banks
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

In Florida, the car insurance provides for replacement of a cracked windshield at no cost to the insured if you have comprehensive coverage. However, I have also heard that some insurance companies are treating it as an accident claim and raising the insured's rates or actually not renewing the policy.

Strizzo

Wildtrak
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus GX460, 1966 Mustang Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

We've had great experiences with ExoShield, ...which is why we now carry and install it. Is it a guarantee that it won't crack? No, but it's a hell of a lot better than nothing. I paid $595 over 3 years ago to have it installed on my Gladiator. Within a year the lamination failed, it was warrantied and replaced. SInce then, i'm still on the same film. Almost 4 years, and still the original glass as when I bought the Jeep. So, yeah, I'm a believer. I now have it on the Bronco and Wrangler as well. It's worth it, especially at the $199.00 rate for the new Ultra DIY kits. The Jeep installs are pretty simple, the Bronco installs will be a bit more difficult, but definately do-able.
Greg :)
Greg, what are you charging for the exoshield installed? We discussed it briefly back in May before you were set up with them. My windshield didn’t last long enough, and was just replacedthis week.

OrangecrushBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I'm not sure what you guys expect from ExoShield. Think of it this way, it's basically the same thing as putting a Zagg on your phone. Sure it prevents the hairline scratches you'd get from tossing your phone in you pocket, or a purse. It will offer minor protection for drops, but it does not prevent your screen from being cracked due to a major impact. In my opinion, the ExoShield would act the same way. Help with minor chip, but a large enough rock at higher speeds is going to crack it.

I've been through 2 windshields already, still on 2nd windshield with cracks (no ExoShield), I've resorted to just keeping Rain-X Windshield repair in my truck. Catch a rock, next time I stop put the windshield repair over the crack, move on with life. Crack goes no further once it's repaired.
Wrong I've used zagg and plexi glass covers on all my family's phones and devices. Many screens have been saved from serious drops and bad impacts.

KillerPenz

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Wrong I've used zagg and plexi glass covers on all my family's phones and devices. Many screens have been saved from serious drops and bad impacts.
And I've seen plenty of our superintendent's phones with same protection shattered. All depends on the fall/drop.

And if you think a little film is going to protect you from a 1/4" rock when you are going 60mph then more power to ya. I just see no reason to spend the money on something that isn't a 100% protection.

OrangecrushBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

And I've seen plenty of our superintendent's phones with same protection shattered. All depends on the fall/drop.

And if you think a little film is going to protect you from a 1/4" rock when you are going 60mph then more power to ya. I just see no reason to spend the money on something that isn't a 100% protection.
Perhaps. I can confirm that the plexi glass version does quite well. My teenage son and wife are always dropping their phones on concrete and hardwood floors. Even had one get run over by a car and no damage. Been a while since I used the film because it's a pain to install and like you say I never trusted it so much.
Sponsored