Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I love when people say they don’t need something insured until they have a claim that is not covered….
Dude I'm not looking for a sparring match here, I have been in the health insurance business for 22 years, don't worry about my depth of bench on the topic, I'm good. If you are a P&C broker and or know about insurance then you know you don't insure every little occurrence life can throw at you unless you just feel like throwing premium out the window. Weigh your risk. Do you also have a tiny deductible? Let's agree to disagree on some things in life, but thanks for looking out.
Sponsored

Blitzjb

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Dude I'm not looking for a sparring match here, I have been in the health insurance business for 22 years, don't worry about my depth of bench on the topic, I'm good. If you are a P&C broker and or know about insurance then you know you don't insure every little occurrence life can throw at you unless you just feel like throwing premium out the window. Weigh your risk. Do you also have a tiny deductible? Let's agree to disagree on some things in life, but thanks for looking out.
I have been in insurance for over 30 yrs. I am in NY.... Full glass=no deductible=minimal cost= terrible roads=coverage=priceless! Health Insurance -Oy Vey! Peace and Love....

MJBbase22

Base
First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alfa Romeo Sider, VW GTI
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I have Geico and windshield repair/replacement falls under my comp which has a $50 deductible. So I am sticking with that approach.

SasquatchMansquatch

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4 door basquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
I found some guys who were selling a kit. I installed mine a few months ago. I got it from www.grab-gard.com. so far so good. But I'll report back when I have more miles on it.

Did you go with exoshield? How did it go? They don't have many dealers near me, plus it was a lot more expensive than the kit I used, since the dealers all wanted a lot of markup for the install.

Ric

Big Bend
First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 F 350 DRW 7.3 Power Stroke, 2021 Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I have had the Exoshield professionally installed when I did a ceramic coating and front-truck PPF application. This week I had what must’ve been a large pebble strike the windshield while I was driving 70km/h. It was at night so I didn’t see the rock, but it was one of those loud hits that I’ve had in other vehicles that results in a big impact mark and subsequent cracking.

This time it made two visible dents in the film at that was all. I’ll check the windshield today to see if the film is self-healing.

For the money I’d say it’s worth it.

Also, the film is ceramic coated and I’ve never had a windshield clean so easily as this one. Winter salt and grime comes clean off with one press of the washer.
Made it through all of last winter with no damage, last weekend on a trip into Calgary 5 chips and 1 spread. Where did you go to and how is it holding up?

Sponsored

BroncoWTFAN

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MachE FE & BL SAS 22
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just had it done for $350, will post back down the road to see how it holds up.

Had a hard rock hit on my mach-e with clear plex and it just tore a small hole in the film. Took another rock to the hood and also tore the PPF and a very small dent. Didn’t help the hood :(.

BrentC

Badlands
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Sport, 2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Made it through all of last winter with no damage, last weekend on a trip into Calgary 5 chips and 1 spread. Where did you go to and how is it holding up?
ZR Auto in Calgary.

No chips in the glass though the shield had a couple of holes in it from large rock strikes. The film has paid for itself, IMO, after 1 year.

I do notice microscratches in the film at low sun angles, similar to swirl marks on paint but oriented with the wiper’s arc of travel. Dirt pushed by the wipers is the likely cause of the scratches. I’ve coated the windshield film several times with ceramic protector which may reduce the scratches but doesn’t eliminate them. I need to try the plexiglass window restorer or headlight cover scratch remover to see if it can remove the scratches.

ZR Auto recommends replacing the film annually but I don’t think that’s necessary.

Hope that helps.

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I have read a few articles that the Bronco windshield is prone to damage do to the design that is almost straight up and flat. I saw this product (ExoShield) while surfing YouTube. It seams like a must for the new Bronco. Check it out and let me know what you think.

https://www.getexoshield.com/gt3

The video is for Dynoplex not ExoShield. I have ExoShield installed and it is much thicker and "rigid" than the material used in the video. My installer, trained by ExoShield; he removed the wiper blade assemblies and then removed the plastic lower flat trim piece. That way, when installing the ExoShield it covers ALL of the glass and then when that flat plastic piece is re-installed it goes on top of the ExoShield and helps hold it in place. So far; no chips or cracks. It is also totally clear and does not have the effect the guy in the video mentioned.

Ric

Big Bend
First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 F 350 DRW 7.3 Power Stroke, 2021 Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

ZR Auto in Calgary.

No chips in the glass though the shield had a couple of holes in it from large rock strikes. The film has paid for itself, IMO, after 1 year.

I do notice microscratches in the film at low sun angles, similar to swirl marks on paint but oriented with the wiper’s arc of travel. Dirt pushed by the wipers is the likely cause of the scratches. I’ve coated the windshield film several times with ceramic protector which may reduce the scratches but doesn’t eliminate them. I need to try the plexiglass window restorer or headlight cover scratch remover to see if it can remove the scratches.

ZR Auto recommends replacing the film annually but I don’t think that’s necessary.

Hope that helps.
Sure does, I sort of thought that was the company. I'll wait till spring now and then replace the windshield and get that done.

SasquatchMansquatch

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4 door basquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base

Sponsored

dmhalka

Badlands
First Name
doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

SasquatchMansquatch

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4 door basquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
how hard was that install? any lessons learned? I've been looking at that and trying to figure out if I could get a good clear install... Thanks.
I just followed the instructions on their site. My advice would be to have a second person there to hand you stuff, help you pull off the liner, etc. I wouldn't want to do it by myself. It wasn't hard, the basic concept is pretty simple.

fred13

Wildtrak
First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F-150 & 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
This is for a jeep but should apply the same

Sponsored