Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have read a few articles that the Bronco windshield is prone to damage do to the design that is almost straight up and flat. I saw this product (ExoShield) while surfing YouTube. It seams like a must for the new Bronco. Check it out and let me know what you think.

https://www.getexoshield.com/gt3

Sponsored

Last edited:

CarreraX

Big Bend
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E30 M3, 993 C4S, GTI
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Been looking to fine something off the shelf to buy and install myself!

GroovyGhost

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I've driven a Wrangler for the last 25 years and have to essentially replace the windshield every other year due to chipping and cracking. It's usually a semi in the lane next to me and slightly ahead. So this is very interesting.

Gilligans_off

Badlands
First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2 Dr Bronco Badlands Sas/lux
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
we gravel the roads where I'm from, so a new windshield is a requirement every other year regardless of what you drive.

Herbie

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm adding full glass coverage to my insurance policy. Apparently if you add it to one you have to add it to all (at least on the policy I am on), but for all three of my cars including the Bronco it is only $43 a year. Pretty darn reasonable I thought.

Sponsored

BrentC

Badlands
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Sport, 2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have had the Exoshield professionally installed when I did a ceramic coating and front-truck PPF application. This week I had what must’ve been a large pebble strike the windshield while I was driving 70km/h. It was at night so I didn’t see the rock, but it was one of those loud hits that I’ve had in other vehicles that results in a big impact mark and subsequent cracking.

This time it made two visible dents in the film at that was all. I’ll check the windshield today to see if the film is self-healing.

For the money I’d say it’s worth it.

Also, the film is ceramic coated and I’ve never had a windshield clean so easily as this one. Winter salt and grime comes clean off with one press of the washer.

daddycreswell

Wildtrak
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Raptor, 1973 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I am going to look into this, but when I put insurance on my Bronco I the comprehensive detuctable on my policy dropped to $0.00. So when my windshield cracks zero out of pocket. I think it was $15.00 more a month, but that covers deer, vandalism, etc.

CarreraX

Big Bend
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E30 M3, 993 C4S, GTI
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I just texted my agent (Also my sister in law) and added glass breakage and it was about $10 year!! Wonder if this will also cover the side glass when it breaks from the window up down issue.

Blitzjb

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I'm adding full glass coverage to my insurance policy. Apparently if you add it to one you have to add it to all (at least on the policy I am on), but for all three of my cars including the Bronco it is only $43 a year. Pretty darn reasonable I thought.
You should be angry at your insurance agent/carrier for not providing this coverage when you purchased the policy.

threeonone

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jaguar
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have had the Exoshield professionally installed when I did a ceramic coating and front-truck PPF application. This week I had what must’ve been a large pebble strike the windshield while I was driving 70km/h. It was at night so I didn’t see the rock, but it was one of those loud hits that I’ve had in other vehicles that results in a big impact mark and subsequent cracking.

This time it made two visible dents in the film at that was all. I’ll check the windshield today to see if the film is self-healing.

For the money I’d say it’s worth it.

Also, the film is ceramic coated and I’ve never had a windshield clean so easily as this one. Winter salt and grime comes clean off with one press of the washer.
Where did you have it done in Calgary and what was the cost? Already smashed my windshield multiple times on Glenmore and crowchild

Sponsored

TX-Hans

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Escalade, '13 Jeep Wrangler, '21 Bronco FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I have read a few articles that the Bronco windshield is prone to damage do to the design that is almost straight up and flat. I saw this product (ExoShield) while surfing YouTube. It seams like a must for the new Bronco. Check it out and let me know what you think.

https://www.getexoshield.com/gt3

I think I might be concerned about using an ice scraper on the windshield with the film on there. I suppose that's the balance between cracked windshield and taking precautions not to use an ice scrapper.

BrentC

Badlands
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Sport, 2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Where did you have it done in Calgary and what was the cost? Already smashed my windshield multiple times on Glenmore and crowchild
ZR Auto. The cost was steep but cheaper than a new windshield - about $500.

BroncoBuckaroo

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017GT350-SOLD, 2013 Ford Edge, 1969 Torino Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Gorilla glass will be an option soon

Herbie

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You should be angry at your insurance agent/carrier for not providing this coverage when you purchased the policy.
Except I haven't needed or wanted it for my Subarus for the past 14 years. I have had one windshield chip/break and guess what, it was a Jeep.

Blitzjb

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Except I haven't needed or wanted it for my Subarus for the past 14 years. I have had one windshield chip/break and guess what, it was a Jeep.
I love when people say they don’t need something insured until they have a claim that is not covered….
Sponsored