Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

https://havocoffroad.com/p/havoc-offroad-trailcrawler-steps/v/ford/bronco/2023/

Ford Bronco Installed: Havoc Offroad TrailCrawler Steps 666f5a33d0fc91a9da0378c1db1486aa

Quick little install guide. Not very long because it's 6 bolts per side.

Ford Bronco Installed: Havoc Offroad TrailCrawler Steps 6520BA4F-22F5-4548-9DEE-68604108C0E5

I tried to muscle them up but then I remembered I have a bevy of jack stands...

Ford Bronco Installed: Havoc Offroad TrailCrawler Steps 2C1BD129-B454-4305-B60F-487C839A029B

The factory rock sliders come off with a 10mm and 13mm socket. #protip charge your Milwaukee batteries first. You can undo all of the factory hardware and the sliders won't fall on you.

Ford Bronco Installed: Havoc Offroad TrailCrawler Steps 67B54024-4CBD-443B-BE09-66DBB4E48F71

Just getting the sliders up on the jack stands (they don't have to be perfect) allows you to get one bolt in one end and then the other. Then just get the rest started. They didn't have a torque spec so I just cranked down with a ratchet after I spun them on with the power tool.

The Havoc bolts are 16mm.

Ford Bronco Installed: Havoc Offroad TrailCrawler Steps F15D8E4F-1AE5-4AEC-955C-F0F9CD7CE2FD

I'm not sure if they are perfectly level but they are on there and I can adjust later. But you can jump on them and nothing moves.
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
swooshdave

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Different brand but very similar design if anyone wants to look at the install video for referance

Probably all made in the same Chinese factory.

Grumpy

Big Bend
First Name
Who's
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Nice, they should of made the step patch continuous across. If I owned them it would be my luck, go to step off and miss the foot patch and break an angle while my foot is hung up in the tube bars. LOL!

OP
OP
swooshdave

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nice, they should of made the step patch continuous across. If I owned them it would be my luck, go to step off and miss the foot patch and break an angle while my foot is hung up in the tube bars. LOL!
I don't even think my son's size 2Y shoes could do that.

Sponsored

RoLyMa27

Badlands
First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 22 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
https://havocoffroad.com/p/havoc-offroad-trailcrawler-steps/v/ford/bronco/2023/

Ford Bronco Installed: Havoc Offroad TrailCrawler Steps F15D8E4F-1AE5-4AEC-955C-F0F9CD7CE2FD

Quick little install guide. Not very long because it's 6 bolts per side.

I tried to muscle them up but then I remembered I have a bevy of jack stands...

The factory rock sliders come off with a 10mm and 13mm socket. #protip charge your Milwaukee batteries first. You can undo all of the factory hardware and the sliders won't fall on you.

Just getting the sliders up on the jack stands (they don't have to be perfect) allows you to get one bolt in one end and then the other. Then just get the rest started. They didn't have a torque spec so I just cranked down with a ratchet after I spun them on with the power tool.

The Havoc bolts are 16mm.

I'm not sure if they are perfectly level but they are on there and I can adjust later. But you can jump on them and nothing moves.
Those look good Dave! Nice job.

OP
OP
swooshdave

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Different brand but very similar design if anyone wants to look at the install video for referance

Note the big difference between the Redrock and the Havoc is that the Havoc has welded mounts and could be used as rock sliders. The Redrock has slotted and bolted brackets (on the step side) and could potentially move.

JB4Bronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford f 150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Looks good. I have these installed on my wildtrak, so far so good

eurofocus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm seriously considering these for my Bronco, the price can't be beat... I only question how the powder coating will hold up to our salty winters.

OP
OP
swooshdave

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm seriously considering these for my Bronco, the price can't be beat... I only question how the powder coating will hold up to our salty winters.
I think any sliders will struggle with salty winters. Keep up with touch up paint and you might be ok.

Sponsored

eurofocus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think any sliders will struggle with salty winters. Keep up with touch up paint and you might be ok.
True enough, they're easy enough to remove for getting them professionally done later down the road.

Did you order through the company website directly, or somewhere else? I originally found these on Amazon.

OP
OP
swooshdave

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

True enough, they're easy enough to remove for getting them professionally done later down the road.

Did you order through the company website directly, or somewhere else? I originally found these on Amazon.
Funny story. I guy posted in the local Bronco Facebook group. He bought a set and they were missing the end caps on one side. He tried to get Havoc to send him a pair of caps and for whatever reason they couldn’t figure out how to do that. :rolleyes:

They ended up sending him a completely new set of sliders with the instructions to remove the caps but not sell the sliders.

I know, stupidest thing I’ve heard of in a while.

So he sold them to me for $300. I was happy to pay that as they were exactly what I was looking for. Since he had already installed the first set I got the ones in the box.

I picked up the end caps off eBay for under $10. :p

And now you know the rest of the story.

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Kia Borrego, 2012 Chevy Cruze, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Has anyone had these shipped to Canada? Havoc can't or won't do it themselves and suggests a freight forwarder. I'm looking for any reviews or tips available.

JB4Bronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford f 150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have these on my bronco, I already have a scratch on which took off some of the powder coating and it showing some surface rust. Plan to just hit it with some rustoleum black spray paint. I love the look, and they feel solid when you step up on them.
Sponsored